what are your favorite car related magazines?

frenchy chan

Big fan Of GM High Tech Performance, but you kind of have to be a big GM fan.

I would like to find something geared towards Miatas and autocross, so anybody know about those type mags?

yeah, he's not really a gm kinda guy :lolguy:

have you checked out grass roots motorsports (NASA) or sportscar (SCCA)? they tend to have a lot of miata stuff.

I always preferred to read motortrend to car and driver and road and track... I had a subscription to grassroots motorsports for a while which I enjoyed- but I now have popular mechanics but I don't have time to read any of them anymore with 2 kids

EVO (if it's still around)

Racecar Engineering (MUCH MUCH cheaper to get the on-line subscription than getting it in the mail)

Grassroots Motorsports

ooh, racecar engineering sounds good! unfortunately, we need a paper copy for him to take to work :)

eta: but, damn, that's like $100 for a year! and that is why we don't subscribe to the top gear magazine, too :(

ooh, racecar engineering sounds good! unfortunately, we need a paper copy for him to take to work :)

eta: but, damn, that's like $100 for a year! and that is why we don't subscribe to the top gear magazine, too :(

Yeah, it's from across the pond. But it's REALLY heavy in detail and racing tech. I love their wind tunnel articles. I think the online format is only $35. I haven't tried, but you might be able to load it into a reader on a smartphone.

Yeah, it's from across the pond. But it's REALLY heavy in detail and racing tech. I love their wind tunnel articles. I think the online format is only $35. I haven't tried, but you might be able to load it into a reader on a smartphone.

I should just get it for him. He's really into engineering car stuff...most of what he's doing now is custom stuff

Autoweek (now every two weeks) - racing coverage-actually close to the race dates across all types of motorsport. Road tests of U.S. and intereresting euro/asian only market cars occasionally. Some good columnists along with the "But Wait There's More" back page of interesting and humorous auto related stuff.

SportsCar - yea, comes with the SCCA subscription, lots of SCCA related coverage (but yes that usually menas Miata stuff fairly regularly

Definitely a fan of Grassroots, for sure my favorite, because I can relate and actually afford most of the cars and projects they do......most :thumbup:

Roundel (comes with BMWCCA membership) the tech section is fantastic, but this magazine is probably only interesting if you own the brand

Euro Tuner - I like this one because it's not a total Ricer mag, like so many others and they just finished an E36 project car which was fun to read about

European Car - meh, it's ok....getting a little ricey for me

Racer - I like this one because I am Motorsports junky and it keeps me up to date on all of the series I watch and follow (F1, WRC, DTM, etc, etc)

SportsCar (comes with my SCCA, some good articles, and keeps you up to date with all SCCA events and results)

F1 Magazine - enough said for me....I love F1

I had never heard of Race Car Engineering, I'm going to check that one out :thumbup: I'm defintely a 'how does that work' guy.......

What about a magazine specific to the type of car he owns or tinkers with? Does he like to modify his car?

Definitely a fan of Grassroots, for sure my favorite, because I can relate and actually afford most of the cars and projects they do......most :thumbup:

Roundel (comes with BMWCCA membership) the tech section is fantastic, but this magazine is probably only interesting if you own the brand

Euro Tuner - I like this one because it's not a total Ricer mag, like so many others and they just finished an E36 project car which was fun to read about

European Car - meh, it's ok....getting a little ricey for me

Racer - I like this one because I am Motorsports junky and it keeps me up to date on all of the series I watch and follow (F1, WRC, DTM, etc, etc)

SportsCar (comes with my SCCA, some good articles, and keeps you up to date with all SCCA events and results)

F1 Magazine - enough said for me....I love F1

I had never heard of Race Car Engineering, I'm going to check that one out :thumbup: I'm defintely a 'how does that work' guy.......

What about a magazine specific to the type of car he owns or tinkers with? Does he like to modify his car?

I'll have to check out Racer and take a closer look at F1. Last time I checked out F1 it seemed more about the money and lifestyle than the tech.

Grassroots is about the only one I actually read anymore these days.

I still get European Car and Euro Tuner but I mostly just look at the pictures then move on.

Since getting an iPad there's really no need for all of those magazines to be stacked on the shitter anymore...it does a good job of taking their place.

I'll have to check out Racer and take a closer look at F1. Last time I checked out F1 it seemed more about the money and lifestyle than the tech.

Draco, I like the interviews with drivers/team principals/etc....some of the shit they say is funny as hell. Actually Kimi is the featured story this month, and I'm sure there are some funny quotes in there. There is a lot about the lifestyle, but I like the interviews, pics, and how stuff works.