Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have minded seeing Alabama vs A&M part 2. I watched the A&M bowl game and Johnny Football as they refer to him is legit. They figured out a way to beat Bama the first time around, I would like to see if they could do it again or atleast put up a better effort than ND did last night. I hate rematches, but I think A&M is one of the 2 best teams at this point with Oregon being 3rd. You could argue that Oregon is ahead of A&M based on only have 1 loss compared to their 2, but I honestly think A&M is the better team right now. Oh well seasons over, on to national signing day and then spring games.

BTW AP poll came out and OSU finishes 3rd behind Bama and Oregon.

i think what you are missing is the fact that bama is hands down the best team, yes they lost at home, but they also won their confrence. its a whole season not just one game. if you can name a better one loss team ill give you $200. nd came in #1 but we all know they shouldnt have been there.

bama

oregon

stanford

ga

osu

fla

tx A&M

FLA ST

south carolina

are all better than nd. yes they had a loss in the year, so did all these other teams, who would you pick that is better than bama right now? we just have to accept the fact that bama is the real deal and will be for a while.

Bolded teams SEC- still the best confence overall

You and my wife have many similarities:

1. Reasonable and rational

2. Counter my rants against the SEC

3. Are likely right when I'm wrong on this

4. Look hot in heels

Yeah, I pretty much jinxed poor Notre Dame with my rant and Alabama made me look stupid.

Guess god took the night off for Notre Dame?

Maybe next year Notre Dame should improve who the play, maybe add the Coast Guard Acadamy?

SEC fans are full of suck, but I love to see all the ND fans put back in place. They needed to be reminded they are not back, and were not relivant for over 20 years.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Alabama vs A&M part 2. I watched the A&M bowl game and Johnny Football as they refer to him is legit. They figured out a way to beat Bama the first time around, I would like to see if they could do it again or atleast put up a better effort than ND did last night. I hate rematches, but I think A&M is one of the 2 best teams at this point with Oregon being 3rd. You could argue that Oregon is ahead of A&M based on only have 1 loss compared to their 2, but I honestly think A&M is the better team right now. Oh well seasons over, on to national signing day and then spring games.

BTW AP poll came out and OSU finishes 3rd behind Bama and Oregon.

I was thoroughly impressed with Manziel. Heisman hangover what? It's scary that he's just a freshman.

I'm okay with Ohio State being behind Alabama and Oregon in the final AP poll.

I guess now there are no more excuses because there are no sanctions. Time for Ohio State to put up or shut up.

Manti Te'o looked like Troy Smith out there last night. He went on the award tour, collecting 7 only to come to the NCG and lay an egg. I honestly think he hurt his draft stock some, he's still a first rounder, but several mocks had him as high as 5th before that game. I think Alabama's running back helped his status should he decide to leave early.

I wasn't so sure Manziel was legit, thought he was just another product of the system type qb. That was until I watched their bowl game and became a fan. Dude is 5'9 on a good day, which is "too small" to play qb in highschool let alone the mighty SEC, yet he lit it up. Doug Flutie is honestly who he reminds me of, idk if he'll have a career in the NFL like Flutie but who cares. He still has 3 more years left in college and could very well win another Heisman.

What is everyones very early 2013 preseason top 10? Mine looks like this:

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. Texas A&M

4. Oregon

5. Notre Dame

6. Florida

7. UGA

8. South Carolina

9. Florida State

10. LSU

Once again it will be heavily populated by the SEC and you could move teams 2-5 around however you want as they are all pretty even and good teams. Well they should be pretty good teams.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Manti Te'o looked like Troy Smith out there last night. He went on the award tour, collecting 7 only to come to the NCG and lay an egg. I honestly think he hurt his draft stock some, he's still a first rounder, but several mocks had him as high as 5th before that game. I think Alabama's running back helped his status should he decide to leave early.

I wasn't so sure Manziel was legit, thought he was just another product of the system type qb. That was until I watched their bowl game and became a fan. Dude is 5'9 on a good day, which is "too small" to play qb in highschool let alone the mighty SEC, yet he lit it up. Doug Flutie is honestly who he reminds me of, idk if he'll have a career in the NFL like Flutie but who cares. He still has 3 more years left in college and could very well win another Heisman.

What is everyones very early 2013 preseason top 10? Mine looks like this:

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. Texas A&M

4. Oregon

5. Notre Dame

6. Florida

7. UGA

8. South Carolina

9. Florida State

10. LSU

Once again it will be heavily populated by the SEC and you could move teams 2-5 around however you want as they are all pretty even and good teams. Well they should be pretty good teams.

you are on meth if you think osu is number 2. they are barely better than what nd showed last nite. a top 5 team possible, but osu should be glad they were not in that game as it would have been the same outcome.

bama

oregon

stanford

uga

fla

osu

tex am

lsu

fla st

nd

you are on meth if you think osu is number 2. they are barely better than what nd showed last nite. a top 5 team possible, but osu should be glad they were not in that game as it would have been the same outcome.

bama

oregon

stanford

uga

fla

osu

tex am

lsu

fla st

nd

Phil, he's talking pre-season rankings for next year.

Phil, he's talking pre-season rankings for next year.

thats my pre season rankings. osu played a sub par schedule, they struggled with teams that they shouldve blown out. when osu topples a top 10 team, ill move them up, until then, they are just the best of the rest

I think the top 3 will mirror the final top 3 for this season.

1. Bama - will lose some guys but just reload plus two of their most explosive playmakers this year were true freshman for fuck's sake

2. Oregon - I know they lose Barner and I don't think DAT can run between the tackles like he could but lots of other young pieces back

3. OSU - lose a good bit on defense but that side of the ball was mediocre at best for most of the season. Basically the whole offense is back and should be improved and have a talent infusion from someone like Marshall or Zeke.

After that I don't really know or care right now...lol.

thats my pre season rankings. osu played a sub par schedule, they struggled with teams that they shouldve blown out. when osu topples a top 10 team, ill move them up, until then, they are just the best of the rest

I can't really mount a good counterargument to any of that.

Besides, as I've said before, pre-season rankings are stupid. Unfortunately, despite their stupidity, they are (almost always) vital given the system we play in. So, while I think they are dumb, I also want my team (OSU) to be as highly ranked pre-season as possible just because I know the implications.

I can't really mount a good counterargument to any of that.

Besides, as I've said before, pre-season rankings are stupid. Unfortunately, despite their stupidity, they are (almost always) vital given the system we play in. So, while I think they are dumb, I also want my team (OSU) to be as highly ranked pre-season as possible just because I know the implications.

this.....

and you think chip wanted to stay? i dont think so, i think phil knight put chip in a bad situation to where he cant leave. he did it last yr and i wouldnt put it past him to do it again. im sure there is more to the story than chip wanting to stay at oregon, but we will never know.

your right about the outcome, Ohio State would've beat ND too :)

i think they wouldve but it would be close. osu has more to their O than ND and thats what would push them over the top. ND is extremely limited on that side of the ball and it was very very obvious last night when only 3 people touched the ball.

this.....

and you think chip wanted to stay? i dont think so, i think phil knight put chip in a bad situation to where he cant leave. he did it last yr and i wouldnt put it past him to do it again. im sure there is more to the story than chip wanting to stay at oregon, but we will never know.

Actually I've heard that the Eagles and Browns orgs both found him to be abrasive and too controlling and decided to go in different directions. Esp the Browns, he wanted way too much control and got pissy about not getting it. Same with the Eagles. Reid had run front office guys out of town and they don't want to deal with that again.

Actually I've heard that the Eagles and Browns orgs both found him to be abrasive and too controlling and decided to go in different directions. Esp the Browns, he wanted way too much control and got pissy about not getting it. Same with the Eagles. Reid had run front office guys out of town and they don't want to deal with that again.

i dont doubt any of that. if you want chip, you will have to do it his way. if i were in his situation then i would be the same way. i heard messburger talk about saban last night saying he couldve had the browns job, but hes got a better gig where he is. i think chip is in the same boat. none of those jobs are that appealing, and oregon is gonna keep that truck rolling with kelley.

Here, since you seemed to miss it the fist time you read it ;)

In other news I just saw this over on scout:

Bill Kurelic of OSU and MSU 247 affiliates says a source very close to the staff says that they'd be surprised to see any of the following names on the roster in the spring:

- OL Tommy Brown (one we've heard before, seems most likely)

- OL Darryl Baldwin (see above)

- DL Chris Carter

- LB Connor Crowell

- TE Blake Thomas (this is one that might matter, as Kyle Berger has mentioned his friendship with Blake in some interviews)

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/...transfer-update

That would open up 5 schollies for the 2013 and or 2014 class which would be huge since the 2014 class from all accounts is going to be small 15-17ish at this point.

Remember when reading info from Bill Kurelic, everything is 50/50...lol.

Thomas' dad has already come out and said that Blake talked with Hinton recently and is definitely not leaving and working hard to hopefully make an impact someday. Doesn't mean he won't transfer out after the spring. Kid is well behind Vannett and Heuerman and Baugh will be ahead of him the second he steps on campus.

Really excited to see Baugh with Urban here. Will be used exactly like Hernandez was at Florida. TE screens, flexed out wide, etc., etc.

Those other names are pretty obvious. I think any OSU fan who pays attention could have come up with that list and had a good chance of being right on at least 2-3 of them.

nevada had Farris as a projected starter. Not Baldwin. And that was just during a bye week I think to generate discussion/be provocative. Latest projected OL's I've read (not sure if from nevada but I think so - talked about it in a thread where he talked about Norwell coming back)...

LT Mewhort

LG Decker

C Linsley

RG Hall

RT Norwell

The staff told Norwell they'd give him a shot at tackle again to entice him to stick around. Again, the biggest reason Norwell was even considering leaving was because he's not into the whole school thing. Not because he was going to be a high pick or anything.

Hall played really well the last few games of the season so the notion that Farris might surpass him faded away. And they feel they need to get Decker out there somewhere.

Obviously this will continue to change like crazy.