Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a season plagued by disappointment from both of my teams(Steelers/WVU), I am finding comfort in watching Notre Dame get completely dismantled on the largest stage of all.

I guess the season wasn't a complete loss for me after all.

The different in level of skill is amazing. Should have been Oregon vs. Bama

I don't think Oregon would've fared much better to be quite honest. Alabama seriously looks like an NFL team out there, me and my buddy are watching the game and first thing he said was "Holy shit Bama is huge" He just got home from Germany so hasn't gotten to watch much college ball this year.

I don't see Alabama losing anytime soon either. They dont have a real difficult schedule next year and will still be loaded with Talent. If they can beat A&M early in the year I see them running the table. They are easily the best team of the BCS era and you can't even argue it, 3 titles in 4 years is stupid lol

I don't think Oregon would've fared much better to be quite honest. Alabama seriously looks like an NFL team out there, me and my buddy are watching the game and first thing he said was "Holy shit Bama is huge" He just got home from Germany so hasn't gotten to watch much college ball this year.

It's the same every year when they're in the title game. Well, except last year when they were playing another SEC team. SEC has DE-sized LB's, DT-sized DE's, LB-sized DB's, DL-sized RB's and a disgusting OL. And they all play just as fast as your guys do but with 20lbs. of extra muscle.

Urban knows what he's talking about when he says he tells his kids Bama is the gold standard and that's what they're shooting for.

But it's a really hard target to hit without the oversigning practices and SEC-style recruiting.

I dont know if I buy into the whole over signing thing. Someone made a good point on scout that South Carolina over signs yet they don't sniff the national championship game. I just seriously think Alabama's players and coaches are on a whole different level than the rest of college football right now. I don't think OSU would've stood a chance tonight against this Bama team and not so sure they will next year either should they meet up.

LOL@ the center pushing McCarron and basically saying, get the fuck out of my face we're up by a ton

I dont know if I buy into the whole over signing thing. Someone made a good point on scout that South Carolina over signs yet they don't sniff the national championship game. I just seriously think Alabama's players and coaches are on a whole different level than the rest of college football right now. I don't think OSU would've stood a chance tonight against this Bama team and not so sure they will next year either should they meet up.

Spurrier isn't evil and still gives a bit of a shit about the kids he signs. Bama and LSU just oversign and cut players like it's the NFL. Obviously it gets results but it just destroys any possibility of an even playing field when a conference like the B1G is giving out 4 year scholarships now and Bama and LSU will force a medical hardship on a kid in the blink of an eye to make room.

oversigning and cutting people is the norm for college sports. A girl on the womens tennis team that just won their 4th national title in a row and finished 3rd in the nation for singles was cut to create room for the coaches daughter. Shit happens and people move on.

A few thoughts:

- Alabama is good. Enough said, right? Well, other than - yet again - my tongue-in-cheek picked SEC team continues to dominate. I'm sorry, everyone. :)

- It irks me that the SEC gets a free pass to play in the NC game every year. It allows them to play loose through the season. Alabama has now lost twice - at HOME - and one of those times was relatively late in the season - and yet they have played in NC game both times. It's almost like the media, pollsters treat the SEC like the AFC East: oh, Patriots lost at home to the Bills? Divisional matchup, that loss is understandable. We'll just keep them at the top of the rankings because we know they're really good. Ugh.

- So I was whining about this to my wife last night during the game, and she is like, "Well, the best way to shut up the SEC is to beat them." I think she's absolutely right.

oversigning and cutting people is the norm for college sports. A girl on the womens tennis team that just won their 4th national title in a row and finished 3rd in the nation for singles was cut to create room for the coaches daughter. Shit happens and people move on.

The SEC does it differently than any other conference. Specifically the SEC West. If you don't know enough about it then don't discuss it.

LOL @ Florida. Fuck you, Gators. The only thing I'd like more is for Ohio State to hand your ass to you. Be glad that game was as close as it was: Louisville could have hung 50 on you.

And fuck you, SEC. Two of your premier programs got beat by an ACC and a Big East team. Yeah, those two conferences that you really like to look down your nose at. Go fuck yourselves, SEC circle jerks.

Notre Dame totally deserves a shot at national title. Alabama doesn't - it lost at home relatively late in the season (*cough* Ohio State in '98, anyone?). Also, wtf - this is the second season in a row that Alabama has lost at home and still went on to play for national championship. This is why I despise the fucking SEC. They're good, but they aren't that good. Now I'm hoping Notre Dame destroys them and then next year the SEC can hear all about how it has been overhyped through the years. And fuck you too, ESPN. I blame a lot of this on you.

i just wanted to qoute this for Alabama hands down being the best team in the nation..... close second is oregon

A few thoughts:

- It irks me that the SEC gets a free pass to play in the NC game every year. It allows them to play loose through the season. Alabama has now lost twice - at HOME - and one of those times was relatively late in the season - and yet they have played in NC game both times. It's almost like the media, pollsters treat the SEC like the AFC East: oh, Patriots lost at home to the Bills? Divisional matchup, that loss is understandable. We'll just keep them at the top of the rankings because we know they're really good. Ugh.

i think what you are missing is the fact that bama is hands down the best team, yes they lost at home, but they also won their confrence. its a whole season not just one game. if you can name a better one loss team ill give you $200. nd came in #1 but we all know they shouldnt have been there.

bama

oregon

stanford

ga

osu

fla

tx A&M

FLA ST

south carolina

are all better than nd. yes they had a loss in the year, so did all these other teams, who would you pick that is better than bama right now? we just have to accept the fact that bama is the real deal and will be for a while.

Bolded teams SEC- still the best confence overall