Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

With Ohio State you have to remember the x factor. I saw some really good coaching this year. I didnt find myself trying to play armchair coach nearly as much. Phil said games were close were we should have blown people out, this team was not good enough to expect blow outs. A good coach on the other side of the field had plenty of gaps in the depth chart to exploit. When I saw it happening I was more like its about time instead of being shocked by it. Now that hes filling in those gaps I see a great team being made in the next 2 -3 years... and maybe even this year with some luck. I can see a number 2 to or 3 ranking to start, but see them at 12-2 and ranked 7th by the end of the season.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an interesting prediction. 2 losses and ranked 7th would almost have to mean 1 regular season/B1G title game loss then a loss in the bowl game as well.

The games I'd consider "losable" next season...

9/14 @Cal

9/28 Wisconsin

10/5 @Northwestern

11/30 @Michigan

@Cal just because it's a road game, new coach could have them fired up, not like Cal is FCS.

Wisconsin because it's Wisconsin and I actually really like their new coach.

@Northwestern because there have been some strange games in Evanston over the years and they're not exactly a bad, academic school anymore.

Then @Michigan needs no explanation.

I think the 2 games I am most worried about next year is @NW and @ Michigan.

Cal is lackluster at best, and with a new coaching staff I don't seem them giving us too hard of a time. This year we struggled a bit because we had a new coaching staff (granted it was Urban Meyer) and I think we overlooked them.

Wisconsin should be a win as well. I like their new coach too, but same thing, it'll be hard to come into an undefeated OSU team's house and beat them with a new staff.

Michigan always scares me. They are a very bipolar team...it always depends which team shows up.

Yeah, when I say "losable" I mean there is any chance at all to lose the game. Slipping up anywhere outside those 4 games is so unlikely it would be crazy. And of those 4 games, just like you, on the road against Michigan and Northwestern are the scariest.

Here's Schlabach's ultra-early top 25 for 2013...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8778225/alabama-crimson-tide-headline-college-football-way-too-early-2013-top-25

Rittenberg's power rankings for the B1G...

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/75719/early-big-ten-power-rankings-for-2013

Michigan at 5...lololololololololol.

I was in Mississippi watching the NC game. The things I heard from the fans down there were nothing short of disgusting. Nothing but a bunch of thugs with no class, let alone respect for anyone or anything, arrogance beyond belief and this is not the first time I've come across this in the region by any means. My hatred for the SEC and the people within it is now permanantly solitified and my opinions have been verified about them.

The SEC may be good at football, but have nothing else and I've lost all respect even for the institutions within as I've seen the behavior from the people of these schools.

Just my opinion and needed to vent this after listening to the shit I heard monday night.

I think someone posted that here before? Maybe I just saw it on reddit. Was a couple weeks ago. It's actually their strength and conditioning coordinator's office. Basically just public humiliation to try and motivate those guys to get their shit together. Personally, I like it. If you're going to be a lazy sack of shit and try to use LSU or OSU or Alabama or wherever to get you to the next level then someone should call you out on it.

I was in Mississippi watching the NC game. The things I heard from the fans down there were nothing short of disgusting. Nothing but a bunch of thugs with no class, let alone respect for anyone or anything, arrogance beyond belief and this is not the first time I've come across this in the region by any means. My hatred for the SEC and the people within it is now permanantly solitified and my opinions have been verified about them.

The SEC may be good at football, but have nothing else and I've lost all respect even for the institutions within as I've seen the behavior from the people of these schools.

Just my opinion and needed to vent this after listening to the shit I heard monday night.

What kinds of things were they saying? About Ohio State or just about everything non-SEC?

Brian Kelly interviewed for the Eagles job and reports that the Bears are also interested. Oh man there are some kids in their class I'm sure Urban would pounce on.

Who outside of Rod Smiths little brother would we even want at this point? Not to mention, how do we fit them in with the limited schollies? I can't wait to get on scout and see the ND board in meltdown mode lol

LSU is going to have a rough year next year lol. Just read on scout they have 10 (11 if you include Honey Badger) under classmen declaring for this years draft...

Brian Kelly interviewed for the Eagles job and reports that the Bears are also interested. Oh man there are some kids in their class I'm sure Urban would pounce on.

Yeah, this will go over well in the NFL

http://mgofootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/brian-kelly-insane.gif

Yeah, this will go over well in the NFL

http://mgofootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/brian-kelly-insane.gif

They had to be pumping him full of valium or xannies or something this season. Dude was way too calm compared to the year before.

Who outside of Rod Smiths little brother would we even want at this point? Not to mention, how do we fit them in with the limited schollies? I can't wait to get on scout and see the ND board in meltdown mode lol

LSU is going to have a rough year next year lol. Just read on scout they have 10 (11 if you include Honey Badger) under classmen declaring for this years draft...

OSU still wants an offensive lineman real bad. John Montelus was supposedly very strongly considering flipping to OSU a couple months ago but it got quieted down when ND had such a strong season. Then aside from him they have 3-4 other 4* OT's committed. All from the midwest. At least 2 of which OSU at the very least offered (McGovern and Bivins).

Then like you said they've got Jaylon. Not sure how they'd fit him in since they just took Mitchell and Johnson and are almost definitely taking Chris Worley as well. But he's the #1 LB in the country and a brother of a current player... if he wanted to come here I think they'd have to find a way.

Then another brother in Heuerman. Been some very low rumblings of Jeff possibly pulling a Fragel and going to OT for OSU.

Then if Vonn Bell starts to trend back towards Bama, Max Redfield is a kid who had some interest within the last month or so.

This is all way premature though since this thing with Kelly could very well just be a money grab.

Many people feel that is all it is. Les Miles has done the same thing to LSU twice now and both times has gotten a pay raise (Michigan/Arkansas) haha.

Apparently Rod Smith and Jordan Hall have switched numbers? Not real sure whats up with that, maybe this confirms Hall got his medical redshirt? A lot of people expected Jalin Mashall to wear #7..

I think someone posted that here before? Maybe I just saw it on reddit. Was a couple weeks ago. It's actually their strength and conditioning coordinator's office. Basically just public humiliation to try and motivate those guys to get their shit together. Personally, I like it. If you're going to be a lazy sack of shit and try to use LSU or OSU or Alabama or wherever to get you to the next level then someone should call you out on it.

+1. I use to know the strength and conditioning coach at LSU in the 90's and they flat out don't fuck around with people not doing their part.

+1. I use to know the strength and conditioning coach at LSU in the 90's and they flat out don't fuck around with people not doing their part.

Apparently they do, Les Miles is still their head coach lol. That dude is terrible with clock management and off the wall play calling in big games.

It's more than football with LSU. Look at the number of nation titles and SEC championships their football, baseball, tennis, track and field they have won since the 90's. Regarding if the photo is at LSU or not, I'm personally glad to see a coach calling athletes on their shit.

That's an interesting prediction. 2 losses and ranked 7th would almost have to mean 1 regular season/B1G title game loss then a loss in the bowl game as well.

The games I'd consider "losable" next season...

9/14 @Cal

9/28 Wisconsin

10/5 @Northwestern

11/30 @Michigan

@Cal just because it's a road game, new coach could have them fired up, not like Cal is FCS.

Wisconsin because it's Wisconsin and I actually really like their new coach.

@Northwestern because there have been some strange games in Evanston over the years and they're not exactly a bad, academic school anymore.

Then @Michigan needs no explanation.

I was thinking an upset early and a bowl game loss after winning the Big 10... good call.