Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think its not? Do you really believe that OSU is our real rival? We have 2 main rivals, osu isn't one of them.

This is one of the main reasons i can't tolerate OSU fans.

And Michigan really hasn't been Ohio State's rival since the 1990s. Ohio State has made such a habit of owning Michigan in the past decade it's difficult to consider them a challenge, much less a rival.

You're right, maybe Michigan should stick to setting their sights on Michigan State and Notre Dame - Ohio State is likely a bit out of their league at this point in history.

You just call out my name And you know wherever I am

I'll come running to see you again. Winter, spring, summer or fall

All you have to do is call

And I'll be there LJ, yeah, yeah, yeah.

You've got a friend

PAY ATTENTION TO ME I AM A TROUBLE MAKER AND YOU WILL BE SO MAD

This... the feeding of this troll needs to cease.

At least Steven's trolling had some substance. Irrelevant Post Paul is just, well, irrelevant as usual. Ironically, his irrelevance is the only thing that makes him relevant, if that makes sense.

Silliness... Just because one team has gotten much better, doesnt mean a rivalry doesnt exist...

THe view of the "nation" is that UM v OSU is an historical bitter rivarly... maybe not to the strength of Auburn vs Alabama "in some eyes" but still.

Hell, the UC vs Miami (oh) rivarly is the 5th oldest in the nation, but even though UC is now a much bigger football program, and has demolished them the last decade, I would say the rivalry is still alive... hell, just a few years ago there was controversy because Miami wouldnt release UC block tickets (or something along those lines)...

On the OSU vs UM.... just look what the perception of the common man is:

Yahoo gave it the #2 rivarly in the nation!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-25-greatest-college-football-rivalries-200800228--ncaaf.html

Though, UM vs MSU does make the list as #18

Top 10, first mention according to Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/01/the-10-best-college-rival_n_944635.html#s346517&title=Ohio_State_vs

#1 rivalry according to bleacherreport

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/955714-the-10-most-heated-rivalries-in-college-football/page/11

#3 according "america's best"

http://www.americasbestonline.com/crival.htm

#1 according to a public vote on ESPN...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/bracket/collegefootball/rivalry.html

Hell, ESPN gave it the #1 rivalry, regardless of sport...

http://espn.go.com/endofcentury/s/other/bestrivalries.html

I can go on and on and on... But you made some remark about the "media hype" Are you suggesting that "the media" has artificially created a rivalry? :lolguy: How does that fit in with the polls (I can list those links too) that come to the same results? The general population hype? :lolguy: :lolguy:

How do you think its not? Do you really believe that OSU is our real rival? We have 2 main rivals, osu isn't one of them.

This is one of the main reasons i can't tolerate OSU fans.

wait what? that's the dumbest post I've EVER read, are you new to college football, living under a rock or in some serious denial, that's like saying Ohio States REAL rival is Ohio U. it's as dumb as a football bat. but I guess you're right Michigan's rivals ARE whoever THEY can beat on a regular basis so that does leave Ohio State out

Honestly as a michigan fan, i have never once cared about the osu vs. michigan game.

You are not a real scUM fan, you probably jumped on the scUM bandwagon living in Columbus and know nothing about Michigan football other than looking up stats on Wikipedia. :dumb:

I personally think its odd when people are "big"/devout fans of college football teams they didn't go to school at, moreso when they have a college degree from some other university...

Though, I suppose it's different if its the "local" team, and either not college educated, or community college...

Like WVU, whee there is no state or close nfl team...

You are not a real scUM fan, you probably jumped on the scUM bandwagon living in Columbus and know nothing about Michigan football other than looking up stats on Wikipedia. :dumb:

Yes because OSU fans born and raised in Columbus do not do the same. :dumb:

I personally think its odd when people are "big"/devout fans of college football teams they didn't go to school at, moreso when they have a college degree from some other university...

Though, I suppose it's different if its the "local" team, and either not college educated, or community college...

That is the dumbest logic I have ever seen as well. You feel people should only be devout fans if they went to school there? Lmfao I honestly have nothing more to say to that outside of laughing my ass off.

not sure if serious? (so don't take this post wrong) Morgantown WV isn't that far from Pittsburgh, 75 or 76 miles, hell its a longer trip from Columbus to Cleveland or Cincinnati

Yea, shouldn't have said close. One of my friends is from WV and went to WVU and that was his sentiment to me, which is where I drew the example from.

The whole I suppose is really just a lack of empathy on my part. I didn't grow up with a great 'local' college football team. Sure I cheered for OSU when they were on, but wouldn't call myself a 'big fan'. In Cincy we have the Bengals which is the general 'city's" football team. And UC doesn't really draw many non-student/alumni fans since its not a big football school (basketball is a different story...

I guess you missed the second paragraph...

And I never said what people should or shouldn't do, I said I found it weird, or peculiar.

And you calling me dumb us analogous to a bum calling bill gates a brokedick.

I believe the word you were looking for there was "IS" ;) However I didn't see the middle part of your post, I still think thats dumb logic. People are fans of teams for various reasons, for instance I am a Cubs fan simply because I can remember watching them at about age 3 with my Grandpa and hearing Harry's voice broadcasting. He along with the ivy wall drew me in to becoming a fan, unfortunately haha

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

I'm 50/50 on this one. For myself, if a college team is that important for myself, then I spend the time to either attend the university or play for the team itself. On the other hand I can agree that if one grew up with their grandpa watching a team how it can be a part of their life or if let's say you are raised to cheer for West Virginia. I personally will never wear another school or team logo outside of my university since that is where I got my NCAA team titles from.

I have friends who like multiple schools hardcore, I never understood that. Yes I like Boise but I don't own anything Boise St. My one buddy loves Ohio State (graduated there even-for Juicy lol), yet he roots hardcore for Oklahoma and Florida State, strikes me as odd