ZX-14 Turbo with 700hp (Can you imagine!!??)

NinjaNick

zzr14_2.jpg

zzr14_3.jpg

zzr14_4.jpg

zzr14_1.jpg

Big CC Racing’s 700bhp ZZR1400 Turbo will do the standing quarter-mile (400m) in seven seconds, and hit a top speed of 400km/h.

Their Stage 1 modular turbo kit uses a GT3071R Garrett turbine and a 38mm Tial wastegate. At 6psi boost, it allows the ZZR1400 engine to make 260bhp. The Stage 2 kit uses a GT3071R Garrett turbine and a 38mm wastegate. Running at 30psi, it’ll give you 480 horsepower from your ZZR1400.

The Stage 1 race kit uses a GT3582R Garrett turbine and a 46mm Tial wastegate, which boost power output to 600bhp. And the Stage 2 kit, which uses a GT4088R or GT4094R Garrett turbine and twin 38mm Tial wastegates, will give you 700bhp or more!!!

Classic example of engine technology leaping ahead of tire technology. Although 700rwhp is amazing, you'll only be able to use a little over 1/2 that power due to traction.

In LSR, the big 600+rwhp Turbo's have to dial down the boost to 400-450rwhp just to stop the wheel from spinning in 6th gear at 220-240mph. They dial down the boost even further in the earlier gears.

Some people even add loads of lead weights on the swingarm to help traction so they can add more boost without breaking loose.... but with 700rwhp, it may as well make 7,000rwhp because you'll never get that power to the ground.

They got a 7 sec 1/4 out of it though which is shocking. They'd need a wheelie bar for sure.

There's some nitro-methane funny bikes that run 5 second quarter miles. I don't know how much HP they're pushing though. They're amazing!

ATCO07---Spiderman.jpg

The "Spiderman" Larry McBride locked up career championship No. 8 by winning his sixth event of the year. He also lowered the Atco Raceway motorcycle ET record to an astounding 5.87, backed up by a 5.88 in the final. The run surpasses McBride's old track record of 5.98 from last season.

Now THAT is sick!

The kits add successively larger turbos resulting in what would have to be some significant turbo lag.

The smaller turbos would be much more streetable. Either way very dangerous on any curvy road.

I had a 1983 Kaw 750 turbo with a boost kit. The stock bike ran about 7 lbs of boost. The kit pushed it to about 13. Even so off the boost itwas like an anemic 400. On the boost it would outrun any 1100 of that time. The switch from on boost to off was significant, though nothing, I'm sure, compared to this beast. My bike did a 10.35 at edgewater. Hard to launch wthout stalling the bike.

I remember armoralling my seat one night. The next morning was unusually cool - which translates into increased boost. As I was merging into traffic on the higway I rolled on the throttle while glancing back for traffic. It hit boost unexpectedly early and I nearly slid off the bike which only caused me to apply more throttle. What a rush-- scared the crap out of me. LOL

10.35 sec. quarter mile at 135 mph I think. This was 1984 keep in mind. I remember the time but can't recall the mph. I wasn't rding it. There was a guy we used to ride with called "Odell". He was a very small black dude. He must have weighed 90 lbs. He was fearless on a dragstrip, at least compared to the rest of us.

Whenever I staged I almost always stalled off the line. It stumbled with him but didn't stall. He was acually pretty good.

Same guy rode my CB1100F with the big bore kit to a 10.27 quarter mile.

For me it was always the time not the mph. MPH being more a measure of horsepower.

I spent most of my time doing roll-ons. We'd race from a rolling start 30, 40, 50 etc.

The smaller turbos would be much more streetable. Either way very dangerous on any curvy road.LOL

Well.....yeah. Who cares though. I wouldn't have a 700hp machine on the street anyways. That much power would only be straight line. I wouldn't go over 240 for the street.

Prepped? Wheelie bar/slicks? That's reasonable mph for the time, but I know they had to get a good launch to hit that ET. Same with the CB1000F.

I'd be interested to know what their 60' times were <sigh>.

No wheelie bars or slicks. The Kaw only had the boost kit and modified injectors and exhaust D&D. Basically just a can as the turbo made little noise. a LOT smaller than the ones mentioned on the ZX-14.

The CB1100F had an 1125 kit, cams , exhaust. It power wheelied in the 1st 2 gears. I blew it up once. Missed a shift buried the needle. After all I had spent I failed to inclued a rev limiter. Bent 2 valves.

Yeah "Odell" was awesome. He couldn't even touch the ground with both feet. I had the seat cut down later.. helped a little.

I believe some magazines were recording times for the Kaw 750 turbo with stock boost about the same as Odell was getting with my boost kitted kaw.

Handled like a truck compared to my bike now.

I'm with NitroNick though. A zx-14 turbo is something you have for cruising on the highway - brutal force - Maximum BRAGGING rights.

Of course can you say T-Rex Turbo??? a bit more usable.