help me pick a new dslr

Steve R.

Right now I have a Nikon D60. I have had it since 2009 and I bought it with no knowledge of dslr cameras. I am used to the camera but I would not say I can't be persuaded to try Canon.

I am looking for a camera that supports bracketing, is not a step down in cmos sensor performance (from D60 specs) and at this point I'd like a pro body. Having full HD video is a plus but no where near a necessity.

I am just curious as to what those of you with more experience would recommend.

Thanks.

Budget?

Probably 1200 -1400 (body only) or less hopefully. If I were to switch brands I would obviously have to spend a little more, but I would hope that would be offset by selling my current equipment.

As damreds suggested in the other thread (I think she may have clicked on the wrong thread), D5100. I love my 3100, its a great entry level and if the 5100 wasn't around I Would suggest it. BUT it doesn't have bracketing which makes me sad.

Totally off topic.. I picked up a Canon the other day and considering i shot with one for 20 years.. (i grew up on the Rebel Line) I felt so lost .. i cant believe only one year has made it that easy for me to forget it all..

Handy little tool for picking out a camera best for your needs... its not perfect but pretty well covers a lot.

http://snapsort.com/recommend#!type=DSLR&price=750&general=price&image-quality=best-overall-quality