The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

What you're neglecting to realize is that a Supra making nearly just as much HP as your Lambo is about to(And probably weighs even LESS), can't even touch the UGR cars. At those power levels you need the AWD system. By the time you even get 1600+ to the pavement, the UGR car will already have a nice jump on you.

I'll let you continue bench racing... I'm in for the video between you and Jamie at this point.

You can't compare a Supra to a Murci. Front engine RWD versus Mid-Engine RWD is apples to oranges. That Supra made 100RWHP LESS than the G and was not geared properly and was a MANUAL vs. a UGR GTT that was e-gear. The comparison is irrelevant. The ONLY advantage that AWD gives you is from a dig or very low speeds; everything else, it's a hinderance.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's work through this so I can help to educate you as to how the real world works. I'll go slowly as big words seem to hurt your brain.

(1) Physics = Ricer Math? Interesting... Who knew how important ricer math was to NASA?

(4) Do you have any idea who the FIRST UGR TT G I'm referring to is? Of course you don't or, again, you wouldn't have typed anything. Did you know he has already conceded the loss but we are going to do it anyway for shits and giggles? No again.

Stick with watching the videos; I'll handle the important stuff.

Your other points are fine, but these 2, are just plain dumb.

You have ZERO clue how much your car will weigh after its all done. You are using a blanket range of weights for the Gallardo, and stock weights at that. You don't think someone who has a 1500hp gallardo didn't do weight savings too?

Also, you really don't think at the HP levels you are talking about, AWD doesn't help? Thats just dumb, really.

Your other points are fine, but these 2, are just plain dumb.

You have ZERO clue how much your car will weigh after its all done. You are using a blanket range of weights for the Gallardo, and stock weights at that. You don't think someone who has a 1500hp gallardo didn't do weight savings too?

Also, you really don't think at the HP levels you are talking about, AWD doesn't help? Thats just dumb, really.

I actually know EXACTLY how much it will weigh. We've documented ever pound we've taken off. And my range was using actual weights. I know over 20 people with UGR kits and almost 0 have ever lightened anything; they've only been made heavier. And no, in MY APPLICATION, AWD doesn't help.

And thanks!

I actually know EXACTLY how much it will weigh. We've documented ever pound we've taken off. And my range was using actual weights. I know over 20 people with UGR kits and almost 0 have ever lightened anything; they've only been made heavier. And no, in MY APPLICATION, AWD doesn't help.

And thanks!

How about this then...

Post up what your guess is (and it is a guess).

Then, when its done, all broken in, take it to Cosi, and put it on their scale and post the numbers here.

Free, easy, fair. I would think a 50lb give and take would be fair.

Just a thought.

How about this then...

Post up what your guess is (and it is a guess).

Then, when its done, all broken in, take it to Cosi, and put it on their scale and post the numbers here.

Free, easy, fair. I would think a 50lb give and take would be fair.

Just a thought.

We'll be corner weighting it so I'll know to the pound and will be posting the results. Don't forget it holds over 160 pounds of fuel! lol

(4) Do you have any idea who the FIRST UGR TT G I'm referring to is? Of course you don't or, again, you wouldn't have typed anything. Did you know he has already conceded the loss but we are going to do it anyway for shits and giggles? No again.

Wait, just so everyone is clear on what you're saying, have you are haven't you already raced (and beaten) a UGR TT G?

My assumption was that you have, but then you talk about some loss already being conceded, which makes me think you haven't raced yet and instead have only talked about what might happen if you did.

• Upvote 1

Wait, just so everyone is clear on what you're saying, have you are haven't you already raced (and beaten) a UGR TT G?

My assumption was that you have, but then you talk about some loss already being conceded, which makes me think you haven't raced yet and instead have only talked about what might happen if you did.

Fuck no I haven't! LOL. The car isn't done. It's a business partner of mine who has the UGR GTT who conceded the loss. We're still doing it as the "first race" so we can film it.

Fuck no I haven't! LOL. The car isn't done. It's a business partner of mine who has the UGR GTT who conceded the loss. We're still doing it as the "first race" so we can film it.

So you're claiming a kill on a race that hasn't happened? You can probably understand where some people might take some exception to that.

So you're claiming a kill on a race that hasn't happened? You can probably understand where some people might take some exception to that.

Absolutely. I only said it because the person who is going to lose did, not me! lol

And I didn't claim that HAD happened. I claimed that it WILL HAVE HAPPENED. Since I know I will have raced my friend before Jamie, Jamie couldn't be the first.

Edited by D.Wiggs

Let's work through this so I can help to educate you as to how the real world works. I'll go slowly as big words seem to hurt your brain. Yes. Lets'...

(1) Physics = Ricer Math? Interesting... Who knew how important ricer math was to NASA? Yes-when your races, and your victories, and 100% based on unproven hypothetical situations on races with a car that does not even run-that IS ricer math-and the worst example on Bench racing. In your world-every 1000+whp Supra runs 8's-right?:lolguy:

(2) Is the 'shop' working on the car or are the individuals the shop employs working on the car? I think we know the answer. Based on that, do you KNOW who is doing the work? And do you KNOW their credentials (i.e., qualifications or expertise in handling a specific task-in this case, a TT Murci)? Of course you don't or you wouldn't have made idiotic statements. I have been racing in and around Columbus since 2003-and have known about IPS, their owners, their builds, and am personal friends with some of their best long term customers. IPS does have some nice "builds" to their credit to date-most of which involve sourcing parts built by other people and simply bolting together proven combinations. Many of there in house deals have turned into absolutely EPIC failures-IE Tilley's (literally) hammered Vette getting beat by everything, and burning to the ground (Sorry John). Beyond that- they have NEVER build one of these, ever, on any level. If you feel that combination of facts makes them qualified for the job-well sir I indeed cant help you.

(3) How exactly is the platform unproven? You have a lot of proof to supply in that area. I look forward to hearing a Lamborghini expert such as yourself delve into the subtle nuances as to why this is the case.

un·prov·en/ˌənˈpro͞ovən/

Adjective:

1) Not demonstrated by evidence or argument as true or existing.

2) (of a new or alternative product, system, or treatment) Not tried and tested.

Not only is there only a handful of TT M's out there (none of which build by IPS-see#2), on the entire planet earth-not one of them is even int he realm of acceleration of Jamie's TTG. Not fucking one. Why you ask? There is list of reasons you can site-staring with the driveline, and working your way back to differences in the motor. I had an extensive conversation with UGR's owners back in 2007 over dinner @ SEMA about it. You want more details-feel free to call 1-704-361-3443

(4) Do you have any idea who the FIRST UGR TT G I'm referring to is? Of course you don't or, again, you wouldn't have typed anything. Did you know he has already conceded the loss but we are going to do it anyway for shits and giggles? No again. Did you realize you have not actually raced anyone yet? :lolguy: I really hope this does not need further explanation.

(5) Who knew that past results guaranteed future results! Incredible! Yes, the other TTM IPS built was sick! :dumb:

Stick with watching the videos; I'll handle the important stuff. The video's of your sick TTG kills? Sure! Post up a link...

;)

;)

Like I said. I'll stick to making things happen; you stick to watching them happen.

Hope you enjoyed your dinner conversation with Kevin 5 years ago!!

Better hope you didn't go to a strip club or anywhere incriminatingl he might blackmail you with the photos!!;)

http://fotozup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/facepalm06.jpg

• Upvote 1

I honestly wasn't interested in turning this thread into a shit storm, but seems like you accomplished that all by yourself. As you are so confident in your win, let's lock in a money race with a neutral cbus party holding the punk out money and set a reasonable date for me to come down. We'll make it a fun get together at the IPS shop. In my view, a video is always more fun than winning money, so if you're ok with just a 1k bet, let's lock in the details.
  • Upvote 1

I honestly wasn't interested in turning this thread into a shit storm, but seems like you accomplished that all by yourself. As you are so confident in your win, let's lock in a money race with a neutral cbus party holding the punk out money and set a reasonable date for me to come down. We'll make it a fun get together at the IPS shop. In my view, a video is always more fun than winning money, so if you're ok with just a 1k bet, let's lock in the details.

Sounds like any real man with an epiclambobuild facebook page and speaks of trust funds when bantering on CR should be jumping at this chance.

This is better than TV. In for the outcome!

Edited by TTQ B4U

I can hold the punk out money as a neutral party. I also have a suggestion for the spot.

• Upvote 1