The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too late to get in this race? I read this thread couple days ago and didn't think too much of it, but now it's blown up and I want in.

Couple weeks ago my uncle hit the lottery. And being his favorite nephew he gave me seven millions so I can be set for the rest of my life. Don't worry, I still go to work everyday, and I still stay here in columbus.

Not only that, he also want to buy me a car. Any car I want! So two weeks ago we flew to Chicago and test drove a Ferrari Enzo. But being a first time Ferrari owner, the dealer will not sell us the Enzo. So no deal there!

With that said I have contacted a good friend and a local shop owner to build me a car. This car will be beyond anyone imagination. It will be stealthy like a Honda civic. It will have awd. And it will run at least 6's in the quarter mile before said and done. So can I join this race? The car should be done before the 4th of July.

I think this is a legitimate question. Seriously, not that I could ever claim to have driven any car near the caliber that we are talking here, but I would bet its not as easy as getting in and simply pushing the pedal all the way.

Jamie has a serious reputation as one hell of a driver, no doubt about it. You? I've never heard of one serious race you've ever been in. Regardless of whether your car could beat Jamie's or not, I am willing to bet that Jamie could just flat-out, out-drive you.

Thorne, you looking for another person to lock in $100 with?

This needed quoted. Makes a lot of sense.

Also, Thorne, I hope you capped the amount of bets you were willing to make at one. I have a feeling you could get a shit ton more action than what you wanted.

New subcategory under Future Rides:

Future Victories. There's already 1 kill to write about.

1. Business partner's UGR Lambo

2. Jamie's UGR Lambo

3. John Force

4. Jesus in a Z06

5. Coltboostin's Colt

6. Mario's Z28

7. Haley's Comet

Take out the way this guy has come across, and he has almost all the interests that CR as a whole does. Look through his site and you will find yourself saying, "that's pretty cool". The personality traites of this guy, added with the known $ at his means, creates a ton of hostility.

Is the goal to laugh the guy off the site? Teach him a lesson that will be life changing? None of this really matters. We have all had build issues that are slow downs. Now if he has one, it will be the source of ridicule, instead of reason. His own fault for speaking too early, IMO.

The guy is not in a fox hole with me. He's not on your facebook page. No one on here hangs out with him probably.

Let's see a race. Cash or not. Loser changes their plates to jmie won, or digs won. You get where I'm going with that. Be creative.

Take out the way this guy has come across, and he has almost all the interests that CR as a whole does. Look through his site and you will find yourself saying, "that's pretty cool". The personality traites of this guy, added with the known $ at his means, creates a ton of hostility.

Is the goal to laugh the guy off the site? Teach him a lesson that will be life changing? None of this really matters. We have all had build issues that are slow downs. Now if he has one, it will be the source of ridicule, instead of reason. His own fault for speaking too early, IMO.

The guy is not in a fox hole with me. He's not on your facebook page. No one on here hangs out with him probably.

Let's see a race. Cash or not. Loser changes their plates to jmie won, or digs won. You get where I'm going with that. Be creative.

Personality is all you sometimes have on a messageboard. His has been shitty. You can give him the benefit of the doubt, if you'd like. I think a lot of people here already have and he's squandered it.

Personality is all you sometimes have on a messageboard. His has been shitty. You can give him the benefit of the doubt, if you'd like. I think a lot of people here already have and he's squandered it.

This.

He needs a professional hype man, like JP is to jamie.

http://www.facebook.com/people/David-Wiggins/100002009063851

Went to shady side i see... There is something to be said about akid who grew up going to a private school, and the resulting personality traits... too bad all that money, still, cannot buy actual intelligence.

Son of great olympic swimmer (and OSU grad) Albert Wiggins. Now I know where hte money came from. :)

This.

He needs a professional hype man, like JP is to jamie.

I hype anyone that deserves it! I truly want everyone to be fast-to have a goal to go faster, and think they are faster than everyone else. :) There is just a way to go about it, Wiggs has not the first clue of how to simply not be a douche.

Maybe we have a reason why he wont lock in the race. Shit-meet-fan?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102435

http://www.facebook.com/people/David-Wiggins/100002009063851

Went to shady side i see... There is something to be said about akid who grew up going to a private school, and the resulting personality traits... too bad all that money, still, cannot buy actual intelligence.

Son of great olympic swimmer (and OSU grad) Albert Wiggins. Now I know where the money came from. :)

BTW, whoever said this guy was 'new money'... he really isnt... "new, new"... His granddaddy was the VP of Westinghouse Air Brake (big company from Pitt)

His dad, not only an olympic swimmer, was also a graduate of Harvard Law, then became a partner at a big firm in Pitt... He unfortunately passed away last year.... As sad as it is, maybe there is truth the to the 'trust fund' comments....

obit:

http://www.ishof.org/news/pdf/albert_wiggins.pdf

Seems semi normal for a guy with a nice car collection in the video............I guess I will save my judgement for if and/or when I meet this guy in person. Definitely comes off a "little" cocky in here.

I agree with this statement

BTW, whoever said this guy was 'new money'... he really isnt... "new, new"... His granddaddy was the VP of Westinghouse Air Brake (big company from Pitt)

His dad, not only an olympic swimmer, was also a graduate of Harvard Law, then became a partner at a big firm in Pitt... He unfortunately passed away last year.... As sad as it is, maybe there is truth the to the 'trust fund' comments....

obit:

His dad sounds like a cool dude.

obit:

That just makes him even worse, he should know how to act with some semblance of class.

I agree with this statement

video: in front of a camera, personality for audience... kinda like "acting" but not really...

on CR: Just showing his extreme self-centeredness.. cocky doesnt begin to explain this guy's extreme narcissism... which as far as I can tell, is unfounded.