Neighbor put a up a privacy fence.. why?

Buck531

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people just want privacy.

We put up a brick wall at my place in MI we get along GREAT with our neighbors but we both admited it was a lil odd to be in the kitchen and be able to wave to each other.

probably looking to far into it.

Put it this way she increased the value of your home by installing the fence.

I'd get the feeling maybe she is gonna put in a new patio or just use her backyard more and knows you guys are out in the driveway/garage a lot and just wanted some privacy. I wouldn't worry about it.

I could care less if I lived next door to my best friend, I like having my back yard to myself. Some of us antisocial people like to have personal quiet time, that is why my friends know that I'd rather drive all by myself sometimes.

You sound like my wife trying to flip it around like it means something towards you, who gives a fuck? You called the city on her? really? Mind your own bussiness.

This is how I would view it... "Sweet, that's a 1/3 less fencing I have to build, now!"

Of course, if it truly bothered me and I was actually concerned with how my neighbors felt (like I do on one side of me), I would ask them about it (I did see you said you hadn't had the chance, yet). Tell them I was genuinely concerned and I just wanted to know if there was any problem with us, etc. Then again, I get along with my neighbors and they're not weird, so even if they had put up a privacy fence, I would've never questioned it or would've already known why.

Maybe, she thought she was helping you in the process, as well, by indirectly rebuilding your section of fence but with nicer wood instead of chain link? Just shooting out idears.

Two more pics of in the day so you can obviously tell she's wanting privacy all around her yard.

From inside the kitchen/back room area.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/bW1jMS9EQ0lNL0NBTUVSQS9TU1BYMDAzMC5qcGc.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/bW1jMS9EQ0lNL0NBTUVSQS9TU1BYMDAyOS5qcGc.jpg

Least she put it up so that YOU get to look at the nice side of it??

Maybe your headlights hitting your garage were annoying at night ... Maybe she wants to put in a garden or something... Your garage doesnt look very pleasant to look at all the time lol. Only way to know is to ask!

Least she put it up so that YOU get to look at the nice side of it??

Maybe your headlights hitting your garage were annoying at night ... Maybe she wants to put in a garden or something... Your garage doesnt look very pleasant to look at all the time lol. Only way to know is to ask!

If you're judging the garage by the first few pics I posted, that was from 4 years ago. I have since then took out the crappy barn doors and added a nice 18' wide door and painted the garage to match the house.

And yes, I agree. she gave me the nice side of the fence to look at.

Check your codes for housing.

In out county, fences need to be 3' off your property line. It will always be fun to troll if it's an illegal fence

That's why I called the city when the posts went up. My mother said the exact same thing and they're in Westerville. That's what prompted me to call the city. When I did talk to the guy he said Gahanna doesn't have strict rules on fence lines. Basically the owner can go right up on the property line to put the fence up.

90% of the people here just think I'm bitching about it. I'm NOT. Just wondering why she would do that.

That's why I called the city when the posts went up. My mother said the exact same thing and they're in Westerville. That's what prompted me to call the city. When I did talk to the guy he said Gahanna doesn't have strict rules on fence lines. Basically the owner can go right up on the property line to put the fence up.

90% of the people here just think I'm bitching about it. I'm NOT. Just wondering why she would do that.

Our neighbors put up fences in the backyard after my parents had to cut down 3 coniferous trees that were threatening to fall on their house. They were on our property and it was a smart decision.

We went on a vacation and a fence was up, it isn't 3' off the property line, but the city can apparently care less. They said we were invading their privacy...lol

It's been bad blood ever since. They're weird.