Another motor oil thread

unfunnyryan

Civic get Mobil 1 synthetic 0w-20 every 5k with pure one filter of mobile 1 filter

LS1 RX-7 gets Mobil 1 Synthetic 10w-30 every 5k or 1 yr. same filters as above.

Ram gets Valvoline Premium blue 15w-40 with Fleeguard filter w/stratapore.

I'm running Redline in the 5.0 currently. WalMart oil for the Jeep. 10W-40 in both. The Jeep gets 10W-30 that it's supposed to run in the winter, but the pressure gets a bit low in the summer when it's really heat soaked if I don;t run the 10W-40.

If I hadn't just changed it I would be all over the IPS price for an Amsoil oil change. I've run Amsoil in other cars and my bike with good results. It made a huge difference in shifting smoothness on the Buell.

Edited by twistedfocus
Forgot to add oil weight

IS250- Castrol Syntec 5w30 ever 5000 miles

STI- German Castrol 0w30 or Motul X-lite 0w30 every 1500 miles

TSX- What ever conventional oil that is on sale every 5000 miles, i'm tempted to use a synthetic oil on my next oil change and push the OCI to 10k miles like Acura recommands in the owners manual.

At $9 a quart Plus a $15 filter. Oil changes ain't all that cheap.

no doubt.

For my cars that get driven hard I've run Redline in the past but I've been seriously considering switching over to Motul 300v this year. Both are ester based but I've been reading really good things about the Motul lately that has me tempted to switch.

The nice thing about Redline is you can get it at Jegs.

Whoever was asking about 0w40 Mobil One Walmart carries it and it's dirt cheap there (~$6.50). That's what I run in the A4 and Jetta.