Travelers: Question about Port Columbus

Science Abuse

I'm out of there on a US Air flight at 5:15am on friday.

When the hell do I show up? 3:15am my ass!

I'd caught a red-eye out of Dallas a few years back, and showing up 2 hours early was a total waste of time, none of the desks or security were open until around 6:30.

When I was flying a lot I never spent more than 20 minutes getting to my gate, less if I used curb side check or had nothing to check. I'd say an hour would be enough.

Better safe then sorry. So u have to wait an hour wooptie do.. what's worse sitting for an hour or two or missing a flight?

Also if your checking bags they make u check the bags so long before the flight takes off (I think 45 minuites. I missed a flight cause of this)

I just flew out of there yesterday morning @ 0740. Arrived at 0645. Picked up boarding pass from kiosk. Carry-on only. Took a healthy shit. Walked to my gate. And still ended up sitting for 20 min or so. I'd say an hour or a little more is plenty. It wasn't crowded at all, even @ 0700.
  • Upvote 1

Make sure you arrive with your Board Pass already. That will save a few.

The longest I have ever had to wait at CMH is 30 mins. That includes Luggage Check and security check, as well as walking to the Gate.

KillJoy

• Upvote 1

When I fly out I am in the airport ready to get in line with TSA 1 hour before takeoff. Always works even when they are busy in the afternoon. I was never late to get on the plane. That early in the morning you could be there 45-30 minutes before but they normally board 30 minutes before takeoff. If you are not boarding first class or zone 1 I don't think it matters.

An hour is what the recommend for Columbus. Some other airports are 2 hours.

One time I flew out of Ft. Lauderdale and arrived 2 1/2 hours early. I still had to be expedited to catch my flight. It was nuts.

One time I flew out of Ft. Lauderdale and arrived 2 1/2 hours early. I still had to be expedited to catch my flight. It was nuts.

When I flew back from Orlando a while back I was 1:45 early and just barely made it on the plane even though I was in group A (Southwest). Everyone was a noob at TSA security apparently. A girl in front of me asked me if I thought her giant bottle of non-descript liquids would be okay...

It definitely depends on the airport. CMH going out has always been easy and quick for me, but some of the larger airports are a fucking zoo. Just check the airline's website the day before and they can usually give you a good idea of how early to be.