It's here, haters!

Draco-REX

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about the new varrstoen 300? like the cn28 but cheaper

http://www.varrstoen.eu/bld_news/es331-c1329999333.jpg

At 18x9.5+32 as the smallest rim I'll have to "stance" the car to get them to fit or have an inch of poke up front. No thanks. Besides, I don't like chrome lips. No posted weights either.

if you don't mind a nice set of used wheels check out zilvia.net... usually good deals there.

trying to help the cause

Thanks. I appreciate it. But it looks like I'll be looking like this: (these are 18s, I'm going with 17s)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/292134_298129036925601_247419668663205_705611_28633073_n.jpg

..unless I let Wheel Medic have at the rims.

Black on black = boring. Needs contrast.

I know, but it's either a rim with a good shape and bad color or good color and bad shape. And I really don't want to wait until fall or later for a custom set of rims.

So it's PF01s in black until I get them powdercoated a dark gunmetal.

The STI can get away with it because of the gold calipers. But the BRZ doesn't have any inherent bling to offset the black on black.

I know, but it's either a rim with a good shape and bad color or good color and bad shape. And I really don't want to wait until fall or later for a custom set of rims.

So it's PF01s in black until I get them powdercoated a dark gunmetal.

The STI can get away with it because of the gold calipers. But the BRZ doesn't have any inherent bling to offset the black on black.

I never imagined myself suggesting painting stock calipers, but maybe if done tastefully it would work in this case?

Also, Its really incredible that just because Draco is a good guy, and he has a new car, we have not ripped him a new one for using RIM.

Really Draco? Rimz?

They are wheels. Wheels have Rims. I'll be that guy, and get flamed for it, but whatever.

Also, Its really incredible that just because Draco is a good guy, and he has a new car, we have not ripped him a new one for using RIM.

Really Draco? Rimz?

They are wheels. Wheels have Rims. I'll be that guy, and get flamed for it, but whatever.

I agree with you.

Weird.. I always thought a car had *wheels*, which include rim and tire. When talking about the metal center of a wheel, you refer to it as a rim. Otherwise it's confusing since someone may mistake "wheel" as including the tire.

Much like: a Magazine may include ammunition, but clip does not.

To add to my post about wheels vs rims, I've been under the impression that while, yes, the wheel/rim has a "rim" the parts are usually referred to as the "Lip" for the visible part of the "Barrel" which has the "Face" attached to it with, at its center, a "hub".

I was joking. They are heavy, like in the 22# range. Admittedly though I am going to put a gold set on the gsx.

I fucked up big with wheel selection on my '99 Mustang. It had the base GT wheel, which I later found were some of the lightest 17" wheels they ever came with and I replaced them with the OEM Bullitt wheel. As soon as I started putting them on the car I realized they were stupid heavy. Come to find out they were 17lb vs 30lb each. I swear it made a very noticeable difference in acceleration and braking, even with Cobra brakes.

TL;DR: I agree, wheel weight means alot, even on a DD. Especially on a lightweight car that is light on torque.

Really Draco? Rimz? They are wheels. Wheels have Rims. I'll be that guy, and get flamed for it, but whatever.

I'm going to call you Jason as in my buddy jman5000 on Vortex. You about quoted him whenever he sees this type of stuff. :lolguy:

Although I agree.

I agree with you.

I agree with you agreeing with him and approve of my agreeing with Aaron.

Really? We knew what you were talking about.

I agree with you too. We're old so back in the day we called them rims because they were typically steelies with hubcaps. Our aspirations were to upgrade to Full Mags for our mid 70's cars. Funny how we went from a $15 Rim / $25 hubcap to upgrading a full alloy wheel to yet another lighter more expensive wheel.

Mine were on a 76 Monte Carlo

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4844985697633130&id=3ea08cf70649b258f6df4be2f8896fb3

Yes, but some took issue with my use of "rim"

It's their inner homosexual that makes them think about rim jobs.

Weird.. I always thought a car had *wheels*, which include rim and tire. When talking about the metal center of a wheel, you refer to it as a rim. Otherwise it's confusing since someone may mistake "wheel" as including the tire.

Much like: a Magazine may include ammunition, but clip does not.

wrong

Yes, but some took issue with my use of "rim"

You have to be the most sensitive person on this board, I swear.

I'm going to call you Jason as in my buddy jman5000 on Vortex. You about quoted him whenever he sees this type of stuff. :lolguy:

Jason sounds like a smart guy.

It's their inner homosexual that makes them think about rim jobs.

Only for you big guy!

Im at the toyota dealer, Cant make up my mind. Def like it other than straightline.

But handling is impressive for a 25k car woth stock suspension......

You do drive like a girl, so the car will suit you well!

Do it, get tired of it in 6 months, sell for MSRP.

No tax, they write me a check , im basically getting 4000$ more fory car than what i paid for with more mileage put on by me , wheel curb rash,, more leather wear.. Etc