What should I do? Am I fucked?

Protection

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you hear the fuel pump run after you cycle the key? If not, try spraying a little bit of starting fluid it it. Just take the maf loose and spray behind it and then put the maf back and try to crank it. See if you get a small attempt for the engine to actually fire. If it does try to start then you probably have a fuel pump bad. I know you said it had some fuel pressure, but it may not have enough. You should have between 56-62 PSI of fuel pressure for that car. Of course there is also the possibility that if you don't have fuel pressure it could be the anti theft system also.

Can you hear the fuel pump run after you cycle the key? If not, try spraying a little bit of starting fluid it it. Just take the maf loose and spray behind it and then put the maf back and try to crank it. See if you get a small attempt for the engine to actually fire. If it does try to start then you probably have a fuel pump bad. I know you said it had some fuel pressure, but it may not have enough. You should have between 56-62 PSI of fuel pressure for that car. Of course there is also the possibility that if you don't have fuel pressure it could be the anti theft system also.

😣 i have 60 psi. No spark. Im convinced its the crank sensor.

I hate to say it but your a car idiot. I know the lot on the side if the road you bought that car from. Maybe seeing the house turned into a car lot was your first sign it that over half of the cars have flat tires was a good sign not to buy a car from them

I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Ive dealt with them before on my 03 maxima years ago. No problems until a deer ran into me. You personally wouldnt by from a lot like that, but i would and would do it again i mean the price on the GXP was 9,000. It booked for 11. I felt i couldnt pass it up. We all make mistakes. I was just trying to build some credit.

I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Ive dealt with them before on my 03 maxima years ago. No problems until a deer ran into me. You personally wouldnt by from a lot like that, but i would and would do it again ������ i mean the price on the GXP was 9,000. It booked for 11. I felt i couldnt pass it up. We all make mistakes. I was just trying to build some credit.

Are they a buy here pay here? I tried to go to their website to see buuuuuut it won't load.

Are they a buy here pay here? I tried to go to their website to see buuuuuut it won't load.

Yes its a buy here pay here down the street from untied skates and the lot next to it is a gouse turned into a dealer with the "lot" being the houses front used and they strategically place cars around the big tree in the middle lol

I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Ive dealt with them before on my 03 maxima years ago. No problems until a deer ran into me. You personally wouldnt by from a lot like that, but i would and would do it again ������ i mean the price on the GXP was 9,000. It booked for 11. I felt i couldnt pass it up. We all make mistakes. I was just trying to build some credit.

I grew up in the biz and know better than to go to a BHPH lot.....unless you know someone. There are 4-5 guys here on CR That are in the car business that I know and would have gone too. You're newer and perhaps don't know them, but a post looking for insight would have had them surface. Did you pull a carfax on the vehicle first? $9k on a 100k odo is a risk for anything that's not an import.

Also, if money is tight and credit in not so great condition, wouldn't a more economical better MPG import have been a better move? Your average MPG in the real world is going to be 13-16mpg at very best. That will go to 22-24 on the highway in that car but if you do a lot of freeway travel temper that with an already horrible tranny in the GXP you're doomed there given it's age/miles. Just be ready for that.

Sorry, the above is the dad in me coming out. I stand by my suggestion of a fuel line rupturing and catching fire.

Now Tim, is this very "daddy" like?

:lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

You're right it's not. I fail. My father would have set it a blaze without even telling me just to save him from having to step in cough up the money needing tossed at it to fix it. True story. My brother bought a 78 Trans Am that was a POS and I remember when it "disappeared". I learned later that my dad got ride of it before my brother pissed away more money that he didn't have.

I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Ive dealt with them before on my 03 maxima years ago. No problems until a deer ran into me. You personally wouldnt by from a lot like that, but i would and would do it again i mean the price on the GXP was 9,000. It booked for 11. I felt i couldnt pass it up. We all make mistakes. I was just trying to build some credit.

just saying you have had a ton of problems and you just bought the car. I know that can happen anywhere but any company with some form of customer service woulld help in some form of way.

you got trolllled

A friend of mine looked at a car at that same lot a few years ago. He asked me to come look at the car with him later and when we were pulling up to the place I told him any cars sold at this lot can't be good. Just look at the place, it's some ones house. Once we got out all the cars were dirty and most of them looked pretty rough. I know that not exactly every single one of the cars had to be a pile of junk but 1st impressions tell a lot about a place. On another note, I have found that there is rarely a true great deal on a car, especially at a car lot. No reasonable car lot is going to look at a vehicle and say something to the effect of "Gee, I really want to help someone out. Instead of asking what this wonderfully perfect car is worth, I'm gonna take a lose on the car and take $3000 off of my asking price!" I personally would rather pay what the car books for (give or take) at a reputable lot and get some kind of warranty and peace of mind. Even if the warranty is only 30 days/3000 miles which most good lots have.

Either way I hope you find the problem is simple and inexpensive. I always liked those cars. I drove one when they first came out wanted one ever since. Well, at least till I found out all the problems they seem to have.

Yes its a buy here pay here down the street from untied skates and the lot next to it is a gouse turned into a dealer with the "lot" being the houses front used and they strategically place cars around the big tree in the middle lol

I asked if its a buy here pay here because that means that they won't be reporting to the credit agencies and therefore paying on this car won't actually be helping his credit in the least. Even more reason to find a way to return it

While using BHPH lots are generally a bad idea, as copperhead pointed out above, looking at this guys BBB Rating he seems to resolve complaints filed through the BBB, which means he is trying to do the right thing.

Ask him what kind of deal he can work out with you, and see where it goes. It never hurts to call and ask. If he refuses, try using the BBB, he has come to a mutual resolution on both of the complaints against him at the BBB.

Read his Google Reviews though, place sounds shady as fuck.

I asked if its a buy here pay here because that means that they won't be reporting to the credit agencies and therefore paying on this car won't actually be helping his credit in the least. Even more reason to find a way to return it

A lot of bhph car lots use alternative financing lenders. Basically banks that will loan to anyone. Most of those will use Guardian or some other name bank to finance. They will report to credit report in a heart beat. If it is a true in house financing and they bhph is holding all of the financing income as well as the loans. Then no they most likely wont report to credit bureu.

Depending on paperwork signed I can tell him if they can fuck him or not. Let me know if someone needs help in this matter.