Fuck you AEP

mrs.cos

So yesterday i am watching TV and i see the CEO/Pres of AEP doing a Feel Good " Look how hard we worked getting your power back on Ohio! Our community isnt just your city its your ENTIRE state! We did all kinds of Overtime JUST to get YOU power back and take care of you!"

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/07/09/columbus-aep-ohio-wants-to-pass-costs-of-outage-repairs-along-to-customers.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio - An AEP Ohio spokeswoman said that the company planned to ask the Ohio Public Utilities Commission to pass costs to customers.

AEP Ohio estimates its spent millions to restore power to hundreds of thousands of Ohioans after storms hit June 29 and July 1.

“We pass on what the commission allows us to pass on,” said AEP Ohio spokeswoman Terri Flora. “(It’s) not a guarantee, and it’s not automatic.”

PUCO approved a similar request to past costs along to customers after the ice storm of 2004. PUCO allowed AEP to pass along $25 million in clean-up costs.

PUCO approved a bill for nearly $27 million after remnants of Hurricane Ike blew through Ohio in 2008, 10 Investigates’ Paul Aker reported.

AEP Ohio said that those bills were just part of the cost to turn the lights back on for Ohio customers.

10 Investigates uncovered that the costs ratepayer have picked up for repairs have not hurt the company’s bottom line.

Last year, AEP Ohio earned $1.9 billion in profits, $700 million more than the previous year, Aker reported.

A large amount of the profits goes to shareholders.

10 Investigates also uncovered records that showed internal pressure for AEP Ohio to modernize its infrastructure – things like poles, lines and transformers.

Flora said that AEP Ohio’s infrastructure was not a factor in clean-up and repair costs because, “this region of the country does not expect 80- to 90-mile-per-hour winds.”

PUCO spokesman Matt Butler said that the commission does not consider AEP Ohio’s profit margin when it decides whether to approve a rate hike for clean-ups.

“We’re looking specifically at the cost associated with that storm,” Butler said.

Butler said that the commission would decline AEP Ohio’s request under certain situations.

“We would tell them ‘no’ if we saw the cost and didn’t think those costs were appropriate,” Butler said.

Fuck you AEP.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt this against the law?

This pisses me off because i did not lose power, for one. Two, if they aren't willing to pull a few million out of their billions in profits to fix what they have created, that pisses me off even more.

As much as PUCO will allow, so effectively Fuck PUCO too. ;)

I was out of power for about 48 hours. Half of Newark was over7 days. And there are still some out of power.

If its gonna cost me 10 bucks no fucks will be given.

I was out of power for about 48 hours. Half of Newark was over7 days. And there are still some out of power.

http://i.imgur.com/84KqH.gif

Really?

The companies job is to keep the power on. Its thier job to fix the power lines when they are down.

you ALREADY give them $10+ a month to do this.

Really?! That 10 bucks (btw $29 million across 749,000 customers is almost $40) isn't to prevent this from happening in the future. It happened in 2004, again in 2008, again in 2012, expect it again sometime around 2016...maybe sooner. $25 million in 2008, $27 million in 2008, let's say $29 million in 2012 due to inflation and to continue the mathmatical trend... maybe $31 million in 2016? If it was $10 a month to do like many foreign countries and bury cables to prevent future events, I would be okay with it, not happy but okay. They made $1.9 billion last year, $700 million more than in 2010 and they can't cough up $29 million as part of the cost of duing business? Does NTR say "Sorry we repaved the track this year can we charge you an extra $5?" Does Meijer say "Hey did you notice our new freezers? By the way that Digorno Pizza will cast you $3 extra this year." NO! and we wouldn't accept it if they did!

the difference is you can live without the pizza.. I don't feel like going home and lighting candles, so I have to pay.

You can live without power you just don't feel like it. What if gas stations raised gas by $0.25 a gallon for a year because they got new tanks? I am sure you don't feel like walking. Natural gas up by $0.15 a cubic foot for the year? Bet you don't feel like chopping wood and starting a fire. City got new trash trucks, collection will be up by $10 for the next year. See you at the dump. Got a new sewer plant it will cost you $0.10 extra per flush this year because you don't feel like pooping in an outhouse.

PUCO governs that water bill as well, team. And the Natural Gas...and the dump....

It is common knowledge around the country that AEP Ohio's infrastructure is behind the times. The pressure to update it is not ENTIRLY internal.

For the record, every other utility that had to deal with this is doing the same thing, so AEP is not alone in it's douchebaggery.

That's the cost of doing business.

Could you imagine, if say the cable company, came over to your house and on the way there they get a flat tire, so they put the cost of the new tire and labor on your cable bill.

Really?! That 10 bucks (btw $29 million across 749,000 customers is almost $40) isn't to prevent this from happening in the future. It happened in 2004, again in 2008, again in 2012, expect it again sometime around 2016...maybe sooner. $25 million in 2008, $27 million in 2008, let's say $29 million in 2012 due to inflation and to continue the mathmatical trend... maybe $31 million in 2016? If it was $10 a month to do like many foreign countries and bury cables to prevent future events, I would be okay with it, not happy but okay. They made $1.9 billion last year, $700 million more than in 2010 and they can't cough up $29 million as part of the cost of duing business? Does NTR say "Sorry we repaved the track this year can we charge you an extra $5?" Does Meijer say "Hey did you notice our new freezers? By the way that Digorno Pizza will cast you $3 extra this year." NO! and we wouldn't accept it if they did!

I spent 40 bucks for supplies for power outage. I would have gladly paid 40 dollars to get my power turned back on quicker.

If you dont like it. Have them disconnect your power. Buy solar panels get some batteries for storage or run a natural gas or diesel generator if you think you can do it. Geo thermal heating.

Hell get all of them. FUCK THE MAN.

I dont like it either but my point is until WE do something about it we are just a bunch of whiners complaining about a power outage and expecting a handout from someone else who is making money off of us. Simple solution dont let them make money off you.

this this this. yes i agree, fuck you aep!

What gets me is what we are paying for. Does anyone know how much those guys make? I know its a dangerous job but I heard that they are getting paid retarded amounts for OT. I heard that if they work over 16 hours that they get paid quadruple time. Those guys are cleaning up on OT and extra pay. Is that really our responsibility to pay for that? I am all about incentives to work extra but 4x your pay really??? I think the only reason they do that is because they plan on passing it off on us the entire time.

I spent 40 bucks for supplies for power outage. I would have gladly paid 40 dollars to get my power turned back on quicker.

If you dont like it. Have them disconnect your power. Buy solar panels get some batteries for storage or run a natural gas or diesel generator if you think you can do it. Geo thermal heating.

Hell get all of them. FUCK THE MAN.

I dont like it either but my point is until WE do something about it we are just a bunch of whiners complaining about a power outage and expecting a handout from someone else who is making money off of us. Simple solution dont let them make money off you.

That $40 doesn't get your power back quicker or keep it working in the event of a future situation. That is the point. Charge me to bury the lines... Thank you the situation is better. It is not as likely that a tractor is going to dig through power lines for a million people. It is likely a storm is going sweep across a large area knocking out power to many people. I am also not mad about paying for power. I am however mad that a company that mad $1.9 billion last year an increase of $700 million over the year before when America is going through a "depression" many people are making less or jobless altogether and you have the gonads to ask me to pay your $29 million bill to clean up after a storm. The city didn't ask me for money to pay the workers to clean up trees that were across yards and all the extra yard waste. The police and fire departments didn't ask me for more money because the increased calls and manpower to block roads with downed trees, power lines, extra accidents etc. Why in the hell should a FOR PROFIT organization ask me for more money? Suck it up and fix it. Maybe this year you will only increase profits by $671 million...sounds like a terrible year!

Honestly no I can't, and neither can you.

Honestly, I can and I have voluntarily. The only things that power gives me are conveniences. I can do my laundry at the laundry mat (or if you count that as power I can wash them old school in a tub which I have done). I can shop for daily needed food and use more non-perishables. I can go to bed when the sun goes down and use wind up clocks for alarms. I can shower in cold water. You would be amazed at what you can do when you have to to survive. You would also be amazed at the people that you know who have had to live through these and many worse hardships and don't advertise it. It is nothing special to overcome and nothing to brag about.

maybe its they're way of tryinga back door.

:megusta:

Power never went out here and I spent last week living in the woods by a lake anyway. :fuckyeah:

Also, small cabin FTW.

...not that this has to do with price hikes. Just with people saying they can't live without.