New wheels and some tint.

TurboNova

I picked up a set of b6 18" S4 wheels this past weekend and today mounted some skins on them. I also got the windows tinted, only thing that I want to do left is do a very minor drop on it to take care of some of the wheel well gap.

I might hold off until the spring.. these wheels will stay on it until snow starts then ill put the stockers 16s back on it. turned out pretty good for a set of oem cheap wheels.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/20121115_164208.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/20121115_164148.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/20121115_164129.jpg

Looking good. Get it lowered stat!

FWD Audi's rock

andy, how is yours lowered... springs or coilovers... I like the idea that jones brought up on the st coilovers but to be honest its looking like an h&r cup kit with some bilsteins

do you have just springs or did you do shocks as well

Tint looks good. Is it weird i like the stock 16s better?

haha, once its lowered im sure it will like real good with those wheels tucked a bit. but the 16's are clean with brand new tires so ill be using them alot im sure.

I want to come help lower it.

if your idea of lowering it is sitting your ass in the seat to put some weight on the springs...no.. if you want to offer free labor sure :D

andy, how is yours lowered... springs or coilovers... I like the idea that jones brought up on the st coilovers but to be honest its looking like an h&r cup kit with some bilsteins

do you have just springs or did you do shocks as well

Neuspeed sells blistein's with additional grooves cut in the shock body so that you can move the perches as you wish. Can't adjust like a coilover you have to take it all apart to do so. Anyhow I have those with intrax springs (they were .25 more drop than any other spring I could find). Blistein's are on the lowest possible perch then I took the rubber spring pads out too which is nearly another .5 drop

With that setup it just tucks the tires and sits really well, I didn't like it until I pulled the spring pads thought it was too high

Here's my only complaint... It blows rear shocks every year when it gets really cold out. They're lifetime warranty so the keep replacing them but I'm literally on set 5 or 6 of rear shocks. The fronts have been on there for 150k miles and haven't leaked a drop, go figure.

who do you buy your shocks from to get a lifetime warranty or do you have to send them back to bilsteins.

Neuspeed warranties the bilsteins. Buy new ones, send bad ones back after installing then get refund

I just looked up those ST coil overs, for $750 that's the way I'd go. That's about what my spring shock combo was. I'm picky about height and it took me several attempts tp get my car where I wanted it. Back in the day coilovers were $1500+ and I'm cheap so I went the other route.

Those wheels will look a lot better once the car is lowered.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/Audi/DSC01263-1-2.jpg

agreed! its no s4 obviously and not trying to clone one, just always loved the s4 wheels. I would not mind after lowered to have the lowers painted...but not sure about that yet.

Neuspeed warranties the bilsteins. Buy new ones, send bad ones back after installing then get refund

I just looked up those ST coil overs, for $750 that's the way I'd go. That's about what my spring shock combo was. I'm picky about height and it took me several attempts tp get my car where I wanted it. Back in the day coilovers were $1500+ and I'm cheap so I went the other route.

I know those st coilovers are very tempting.but since they are non dampening adjustable I just worry the ride will be too "racey" I still want a semi stock feel ride with just a better stance. The car on 71k old stock non usp suspension handles pretty well in my opinion.

STs will not be "sporty" feeling.

Jones has them on his B5. They are essentially KW V1s in aluminized bodies instead of stainless. I have KW V3s on my car, and they are fantastic. They ride WAY better than my Bilstein PSS10s ever did.

I'd go ST all day long for what they are, and their price.