Which truck would you pick

Rocky31186

Which Truck. Basically 30k max, Loaded with leather 4wd....  

593 members have voted

1. 1. Which Truck. Basically 30k max, Loaded with leather 4wd....

• Dodge Ram
    • Toyota Tundra
    • Chevy 1500
    • Jeep LOL

I've always liked the Ford crew cab dually's myself. I keep looking at trucks but can't seem to pull the trigger. I want to get myself a new truck but right now the only trucks I seem to find that are relativly affordable are the 6.0 liters and I absolutly don't want one of those. Is option A a 1500 ram pick up? If not then I would get a 3500 crew cab dually Cummins and most likely not a Big Horn.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked the Ford crew cab dually's myself. I keep looking at trucks but can't seem to pull the trigger. I want to get myself a new truck but right now the only trucks I seem to find that are relativly affordable are the 6.0 liters and I absolutly don't want one of those. Is option A a 1500 ram pick up? If not then I would get a 3500 crew cab dually Cummins and most likely not a Big Horn.

He has said he does not want a Diesel, that basically excludes a "dually" from the conversation too.

I have a 2007 f150 Lariat with the 5.4l and absolutely love it. I drove the Chevy and the Dodge before I bought. I loved the Chevy too but got a better deal on the Ford. The Dodge did absolutley NOTHING for me. Felt cheap and underpowered. Yes, it was a Hemi.

I know my truck is not a race vehicle but it is comfortable, big, and reliable. Hauls anything I own without hesitation.

-Marc

I have been looking at a pickup to daily here and there and tow a small boat

The Tacomas and tundras just lack in everything vs the Ford. I'm not a Ford guy at all but a 35k Tacoma rode like ass and the inside was so shitty. Not to mention drum brakes, horrible steering response and a v6 with no power. The Tundra I was looking at was base ace with no options for 33k. Hated everything about it. Everything is just so cheap.

Drove the Ecoboost f150 and loved it. Tons of TQ and it actually rides very nice.

I looked at one with with a good amount of options, back up camera, sync system, no nav or leather which is what I would want.

2013. Sticker is 39k. Could have walked away with it today for 26k after tax! Probably going back Monday to pick it up. Oh yeah Toyota had nothing off either just kept bragging about 0% which meant nothing to me

• 2 weeks later...

I've drove all. Picking up these trucks from the dealer ect for my old job.

Ecoboost- power was great. Very responsive. Loaded crew fx4 would be my choice. I had no complaints.

Dodge- gauge cluster looks nice. That's about the only thing I liked. Although it did ride nice, have ample power. And interior was nice.

Chevy- nice truck. I'm not a Chevy fan to start off with but overall the truck was much better the previous body style. Did have some major blind spots and the 5.3 I think is under powered for it

Toyota- pig of a truck. Throttle response is not there. I think the interior of the truck is just cheap looking.

Again though. Just my opinion.

Out of all there hasn't been a Eco boost that has disappointed me. I've never expericed the lag mode and I've drove well over 100 different ones. Gas millige I have seen people complain. But I took one for 90 mile round trip. Picked up with 3 miles on it. Cluster display showed 20.3 mpg average.

Someday ill buy a crew cab Eco boost. Either way can't go wrong with any if the trucks mentioned. Just depends on your preference. Out of your choices I'd say the Chevy will be your best bet. But i think you should go give the Eco boost a chance.