Poll : Do you really believe there is a chance for a SHTF scenario in your lifetime

2highpsi

Do you really believe there is a chance for a SHTF scenario in your lifetime?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really believe there is a chance for a SHTF scenario in your lifetime?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • Never
    • Choke on a dick

As the title says,

Do you really believe there is a chance for a SHTF scenario in your lifetime?

(for example: complete economic collapse, entire grid loss due to hacking or EMP)

A. Yes

B. Maybe

C. Never

D. Choke on a dick

Just wondering what everyones thoughts were, with all the "Why do people need Assault Rifles" talk

Edit: thanks for adding the poll feature

Um, we have alreayd HAD several SHTF scenario's in our lifetime?

East Coast Blackout

9/11

Indian Tsunami

Japanese Tsunami

Just to name a few. If you had been in any of those locales during that, I'm sure you would have appreciated having your firearms nearby.

Seriously, if you think that disaster will never befall you, you are deranged.

I think in the next 20 years we could see a disturbance big enough to call SHTF. I feel there is a greater chance of it being Mother Nature related. EMP, Financial system collapse, or even something Jerico like are all very real options for our bad day to start. There are things in place to try and ward off massive attacks on our way of life. That doesn't mean our plans are full proof. What we can not defend against is Mother Nature. A volcano, earth quake, flooding or devistating storm are very likely. The first two are my biggest worry. You get no notice. You are in it and die or you make it. Then you have to try to find the ones you care about to make sure they are safe. Then help others. Then hope there's no after shock and get to a safe place incase there is.

Yes, I absolutely believe that I will see it in my lifetimne but, I also have very little faith in my fellow man. I like to think that it will be something uncontrolable like nature finally purging itself but, I think its more realistic that it will be a collapse of our economy, society, and government or maybe even a government turing on its own people in terms of overly controlled everything. I think the fact that so may other societies in the past have been disarmed and then ass raped is a terrifying thing and Im really nervous that a stricter form of gun control will eventually be put into place and that the end result will be attempted disarmament, which to me is a SHTF scenario. ENDRUNONSENTENCEFULLOFINCOMPLETETHOUGHTS

I also think that tin foil hats are a very fashionable way to protect your thoughts.

If you answer maybe it pretty much counts as yes IMO. Those who said no are either trolling or are living in a false reality.

I voted choke on a dick. What does it matter? Plan for the worst, hope for the best and do what you can with what you've got when the time comes. Until then I'm going to enjoy as much as I can.

Chances are going up every day as we continue down the road to an entitlement driven and therefore handout dependent society.

Heard an interesting debate today on the POTUS channel on XM. Two law professors were duking it out on the 2nd amendment (no surprise). What was surprising is that one professor took the position that unless something in the Constitution was *completely* unambiguous (e.g. you have to be 35 years old to be President) then the judiciary had no business deciding anything and should leave it to "the democratic process" to interpret. Not just the 2A - everything.

Are you f*cking kidding me?

I voted choke on a dick. What does it matter? Plan for the worst, hope for the best and do what you can with what you've got when the time comes. Until then I'm going to enjoy as much as I can.

You just answered your own question.

It matters because you need to plan for the worst.

You just answered your own question.

It matters because you need to plan for the worst.

^^ this. Obama is going to enrage people with his move on guns then we're going to fall off the fiscal cliff, hit an even bigger recession and the shit could really hit the fan. Maybe not, but I'm not waiting around hoping and praying.