First Bike - Harley 48

Hahn

I told you all that i was going to get this bike after deployment. A bunch of haters kept saying "wish lists blah blah blah". Suck it Trebek.

This is my first bike. Bought it last Friday, picked it up Saturday, went and took my motorcycle temps test, then came home and started riding. What a feeling. Too bad the weather hasnt been nice to go out again. Already have plans for the bike. The exhaust needs to be the first thing to go though.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/firefighter_hahn/Harley48_zps1f094cb3.jpg

Nice looking bike. I'm not personally a fan of the tank decals, but I like it otherwise. As far as the exhaust goes, you could try taking the baffles out and see how you like it for now.

cool bike, not a fan of the tank decals either. Is it just me or is that front tire super fat?

I dont like the tank decals at all either. A paint job is in mind, but thats way further down the road. And yes, the front tire is super fat. Love it.

Looks good, I would buy a sportster if I was a smaller guy.

Im not a smaller guy, but being big makes you feel like you can handle the bike really easy.

Looks cool, but a bit comfy, but slow.

Weird hybrid bike.

Fast enough. Acceleration feels different on a bike than strapped into a car.

I love the look of the 48's. Def. is nice. I looked at them a few years back. All you need to finish the look is to slap on some white wall tires, strip the decals off, get a tan saddle spring seat and you're set! :thumbup:

Maybe white walls when its time for new tires, and deff a yes on the springer seat.

The 48 is badass! Def my favorite HD they make today. Don't listen to people about acceleration blah blah. HD bikes and this style are completely different than sport bikes that go 200mph. These just look super badass.

i loved my harley!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/7d5ba723.jpg

unfortunately it was like trying to corner a RV. It was an amazing long haul bike, but when i got to the fun roads, i absolutely hated it. i tried to make it better, Ohlins shocks, Racetech Kit in the forks, glide pro stabalizing kit, better tires, upgraded to the new style brembo brakes and semi floating rotors, but nothing helped. i even raised it up a bit, but i was still scraping hard parts like it was my job, and it still wallowed in the corners.

i couldnt stand it anymore, sold it and bought a ducati instead.

i will say they do hold their value like crazy though. so when you decide to sell it you wont get raped.

i loved my harley!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/7d5ba723.jpg

unfortunately it was like trying to corner a RV. It was an amazing long haul bike, but when i got to the fun roads, i absolutely hated it. i tried to make it better, Ohlins shocks, Racetech Kit in the forks, glide pro stabalizing kit, better tires, upgraded to the new style brembo brakes and semi floating rotors, but nothing helped. i even raised it up a bit, but i was still scraping hard parts like it was my job, and it still wallowed in the corners.

i couldnt stand it anymore, sold it and bought a ducati instead.

i will say they do hold their value like crazy though. so when you decide to sell it you wont get raped.

i'm glad you came into his thread to post a lengthy story about your bike and not one ounce of info about his. Sooo sad.

i'm glad you came into his thread to post a lengthy story about your bike and not one ounce of info about his. Sooo sad.

just posting my experience with Harley's

they are nice bikes, but in the end not my choice

i like the 48s they are cool bikes. he made a good choice, they are very throw back, and some people dont like the tank graphics, but thats that throw back styling.

and the fat front tire makes that bike!

definately gets some pipes on it, makes it that much more fun to ride!

and paul go fuck yourself =)

I love the look of the 48's. Def. is nice. I looked at them a few years back. All you need to finish the look is to slap on some white wall tires, strip the decals off, get a tan saddle spring seat and you're set! :thumbup:

Glad to see your opinion makes your comment valid but not the other guys with a Harley.....your just trolling everywhere aren't you? And nope, I do t own a bike either....but I've probably owned more various models than 95% o the people on the forum so I've had my share of a variety. (before you ask why I posted.)

I like the bike OP, I'd rock it.

And that glide above is nice.