If you had $100,000

dover

If you had $100,000 liquid capital and had no debt, what would you do with it?

Not for a car.

Not for a house.

Would you invest? Would you start a company? Would you save it?

Goal, being to take that money and turn into something that will inevitably make you more money.

Those of you that are the wealthier ones on the board, I always hear the phrase it takes money to make money. Well, what did you do? How did you go about getting to where you are?

Edit: One has the ability to take a Government backed Patriot SBA for a maximum amount of $500,000.

Edited by Dover

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would start a small automotive shop, given my skill set and that people always seem to be looking for a good deal on car repairs I think that would be my best bet. I would also like to get into helping people work the bugs out of their projects, and helping to finish them by doing things like alignments and tuning that most people don't have an easy way to accomplish.

Honestly, aside from starting your own small business that you own and operate 100k needs a lot of time to earn you any real cash.

If you found a safe investment that paid 5% annually tax free (good luck) and you reinvested all the interest, it would still take you 14 years to double your money.

100k just isn't enough to "earn on it's own". To make real money on 100k you will have to throw in some of your time one way or another.

I just went through this actually with a similar amount. Went with an amex high yield savings account until it gets put to use. You can take the money out whenever you want, unlike a CD where its fixed for X amount of time. You're looking at around $1000 a year in interest earned...not shit. Better than a Chase savings account though.

I would start a small automotive shop, given my skill set and that people always seem to be looking for a good deal on car repairs I think that would be my best bet. I would also like to get into helping people work the bugs out of their projects, and helping to finish them by doing things like alignments and tuning that most people don't have an easy way to accomplish.

I would copy cordell's plan. Kinda been thinking about doing that for a little while now and it woulfnt take much to start considering ive got most tools already.

You guys would be excellent at doing just that. If you can lure Crossle into the venture, I'll be your sugardaddy and chief promoter. ;)

It's been awhile since ive looked, what about cd's?

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/CD-rates-and-Treasuries-graph.png

:barf:

I would move to Florida and start my own Skyline Chili franchise. 100% serious.

Minimum Requirements

Minimum requirements for a new Skyline franchisee are:

$200,000 to $400,000 liquid capital

$500,000 net worth, excluding personal residence

Ability to obtain financing for $500,000 to $1,200,000 project

Successful experience in a retail food service or sales/marketing environment

two chicks at the same time

edit: PISS!!!

Lol nice beat you by seconds ha.

I know you said no house but ide find a Deal on two condos or duplex houses and rent them both out and hope you get good tennants and bank that for a bit untill you can buy another two more.Rinse and repeat a few times, untill you have a nice set of them and enjoy.

Wife and I thought about renting out our condo instead of selling but idk

Minimum Requirements

Minimum requirements for a new Skyline franchisee are:

$200,000 to $400,000 liquid capital

$500,000 net worth, excluding personal residence

Ability to obtain financing for $500,000 to $1,200,000 project

Successful experience in a retail food service or sales/marketing environment

Jesus... well, nevermind.