If you had $100,000

dover

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100K cant start most businesses with any type of complex business plan.

ONLY 100K cant be invested and think you can make it be enough to retire on unless you add more over the years while compounding.

Im in a similar boat. i called a friend who works for a wealth management firm and they told me that im not wealthy enough for them to take me on (im not surprised). He told me thatthey go through edward jones in a roundabout way and the first thing i need to do is go to EJ and see if what they have to offer in terms of services is right for me.

I plan to retire with 6-7M and live without worries. hence why i pack away my money now to invest and compund. Right now, i am thinking i want to put some money in mutual funds and some money in ETFs. I am not going to get into buying particular stovks right now. My dad is a day-trader and I dont have enough time to do it.... or knowledge. AND, buy-and-hold is a nono this day and age.

My best advice (kidding):

1. who knows.. start franchising fast food places like the family in the Blindside... they did well in that move (i gest).

2. Be like me....Buy watches, add Diamonds, mean mug.

I have thought about the real estate game, but that is a tough market and involves a lot of personal involvement. Education is already paid for (Bachelors at least).

What would you do if you already had a job roughly making in the $100,000 range out of the country but would like to see something happen with your money stateside, so once you are done and tired of the long distance you can return to something, rather then just a lump sum of money.

Also, the VA does offer a Government backed small business loan in the amount of $500,000 with about 10% collateral.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/biz/loans_lines/sba/

as someone who has acted as an owner/operator of auto repair facility(with a sugar daddy corporation) i dont think thats the business i would go in to.

dunno whatd i do with because realistically i'd pay off my house and buy nicer cars/boats

How much is a liquor license if you can find one available?

Right around 100k last I checked, but its been a few years and I don't think that included a Sunday licence.

You could prolly buy the remainder of one from someone selling a bar provided your buying the bar from them too.

Bar, Club, or Bar/restaurant. Not in Ohio though.

Last weekend I was at a NICE club in San Antonio and the next day I was like ffffuuuu, I'm doing it wrong.

$10 cover charge/person, $5/bottle beer, and like $8/shots = a shit load of profit. My tab was in excess of $150.

Bar, Club, or Bar/restaurant. Not in Ohio though.

Last weekend I was at a NICE club in San Antonio and the next day I was like ffffuuuu, I'm doing it wrong.

$10 cover charge/person, $5/bottle beer, and like $8/shots = a shit load of profit. My tab was in excess of $150.

THIS. ULL need a lot more than 100k tho, try 5 times that to get u started.

If I were u, I'd buy a bunch of cheap houses and sit on them....that's what I'm doin

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to investing. I paid down my mortgage until it was gone. I put a fair amount in low/medium risk mutual funds, an equal amount in annuities. The wife and I have two Roth IRAs maxed out, and I put a good amount in each kids' college account each month. That, and my 401k is maxed out. Personally, I dont have the stones to throw down $100k on a small business venture, but that's just me.

Use it to bolster/max out my IRA and wife's 401k annual allowances, then use half the rest for vacation and the other half to learn to play in the stock market. $100k doesn't go far nowadays if it wasn't used for a car or a house. I'd pay a debt, but my wife and I don't have any other than mortgage and car loan.

Simply, buy gold!!

If you travel outside of the country a lot, try look into open a saving account oversea. In India you can open a saving account and earn up to 10%. in Vietnam you can get into a 6 CD that you can only access your fund once every six months, with that I account I can earn about 12%.

I would start a small automotive shop, given my skill set and that people always seem to be looking for a good deal on car repairs I think that would be my best bet. I would also like to get into helping people work the bugs out of their projects, and helping to finish them by doing things like alignments and tuning that most people don't have an easy way to accomplish.

You should do this. Seriously.

If GR (:dumb:) can do it, you can do it far better.

You guys would be excellent at doing just that. If you can lure Crossle into the venture, I'll be your sugardaddy and chief promoter. ;)

you really only need like $25,000-$50,00 to hedge a SBA loan of $50,000 $100,000. Personally i'd open up a shop near Grandview, but thats just me.