If you had $100,000

dover

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are you? Putting all of that into aggressive mutual funds at an early age could mean your retirement is going to be much easier.

A relative of my wife's is going through a similar situation, she was injured in an accident and received $130K when she turned 18. They approached us as how to invest it. With an average of 7-8% gain over the next 40+ years, that would turn into $2M - $4M. Which won't be enough to retire on in 40+ years, but it's a huge start when you're 18... :nod:

How old are you? Putting all of that into aggressive mutual funds at an early age could mean your retirement is going to be much easier.

A relative of my wife's is going through a similar situation, she was injured in an accident and received $130K when she turned 18. They approached us as how to invest it. With an average of 7-8% gain over the next 40+ years, that would turn into $2M - $4M. Which won't be enough to retire on in 40+ years, but it's a huge start when you're 18... :nod:

All this is assuming this world doesn't crash and burn which it very weel seems to be on course for.

Just remember, all the "money" we "have", is fake, imaginary, and can disappear at the click of a button. This is why long term ish is hard for me to take that seriously because in 40yrs, we will be exchanging yen and speaking chinese.

All this is assuming this world doesn't crash and burn which it very weel seems to be on course for.

Just remember, all the "money" we "have", is fake, imaginary, and can disappear at the click of a button. This is why long term ish is hard for me to take that seriously because in 40yrs, we will be exchanging yen and speaking chinese.

Awesome. Japanese currency and Chinese language. Isn't Glen Beck on right now?

Awesome. Japanese currency and Chinese language. Isn't Glen Beck on right now?

Peso's from the Saudi's will be somewhere in the mix too.

Is Glen Beck that blonde hair guy with a radio show? I am pretty sure my old boss used to listen to him on 610 back in the day.

I haven't taken your mon...er...played with you in forever. Do you have any games coming up? :cool:

-Marc

Any night you want to take a trip out to the west side, bro. I'll even buy you a drink. ;)

Seriously, though, I haven't played in a home game in ages. Just head out west anymore.

I'd day trade it, not quite enough to make a full time living out of it, but I could grow it very fast. Nothing long term so you don't get hit with large risk.

Otherwise as has already been said, very aggressive growth funds and keep it that way.

I have thought a lot about it. If I ever came across a lot of cash I would. I have debated discussing the idea with the airports and sherrif to see if we could do it a night a month or something. The pickaway and ross county airports would be perfect. Im not sure on liability and stuff like that though.

yeah, my guess it would be well over a 100k.

I think concrete/blacktop is in the $1m's per mile for new construction. Not sure on what it would cost to buy something already done. You would definitely be a local hero for your efforts.

I think concrete/blacktop is in the $1m's per mile for new construction. Not sure on what it would cost to buy something already done. You would definitely be a local hero for your efforts.

So if everyone on cr received 100k at the same time, this could be a very feasible joint venture.... just saying.