If you "used" to street race....

phil

Ok I hope this isnt a sign of getting old, but heres my current situation. Im putting the poop pile together for this season, and seeing as this is the first time Ive had money to just throw into a car, I am starting to see that I dont even really want to street race like before. Let me clarify, in years prior, I would go to the weekly meet and pretty much look for 1-2 people to run. Most of the time for petty change, or if it were a friend, just for fun. I started working more toward the set up man for the last 2 years and its kind of fun. Now Ive already listed the 4 people i want to run, and thats really about it. Im no longer roll racing, and I doubt i run anyone for free this year. If i do any racing this yr Im setting the minimum at $100 and it would have to be from a dig. Mainly cause roll racing is not worth it to me. Is this the start of becoming old, or me just being a scared bitch since its now my money going into this car?

the 4 people ive locked runs in with:

Sam

kennyfnpowers

Jones

Jose- he doenst post much here, but he is my mexico rival

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets go race points at trails. This way I can whip your ass over and over and over, every week. That will make my summer pretty awesome and I can start each and every Monday with a smile.

i will never waste my time running such a meaningless event. im not that into racing that i would do something stupid like this sorry, enjoy sitting most of the summer cause your fireturd broke on wk 4

i will never waste my time running such a meaningless event. im not that into racing that i would do something stupid like this sorry, enjoy sitting most of the summer cause your fireturd broke on wk 4

I see what you're doing here.

Hahahahaha

Girl u know its true.

I will even beat you in your dreams

I think Fillopian is just growing up a bit.

Eventually you realize it's not worth bragging rights to possibly lose your license and then lose your job as a result, the associated legal fees and time off work.

I think we will all get into a random "speed contest" every now and then when the stars are right, but like most, I no longer cruise round 270 hoping for a taker.

Autocross and track days have really provided an outlet, where you can measure yourself against others in the same class, an make improvements and climb the ladder.

It's fun, cheap, and you don't feel like roll racing someone when you are done.

What happen to that spot down south that you used to head to Fillup?

Thought it was considered a "safe" place for digs?

I think Fillopian is just growing up a bit.

Eventually you realize it's not worth bragging rights to possibly lose your license and then lose your job as a result, the associated legal fees and time off work.

I think we will all get into a random "speed contest" every now and then when the stars are right, but like most, I no longer cruise round 270 hoping for a taker.

Autocross and track days have really provided an outlet, where you can measure yourself against others in the same class, an make improvements and climb the ladder.

It's fun, cheap, and you don't feel like roll racing someone when you are done.

What happen to that spot down south that you used to head to Fillup?

Thought it was considered a "safe" place for digs?

Mexico? oh that's still going down lol, I don't add that into my equation since I have to go there to run Jose. that will more than likley be where I do most of my racing at. tyre sawmill scene is too many kids, you many people raving the same direction, and. if I want to dig then I have to go like 15 miles out to do so. the biggest reason also is this shit. costs too much to keep doing and breaking. I would love to have the car run with minimal issues all summer and that is why I'm spending more and more $ on just making sure the shit. is done correctly the first time. I figured putting some sort of standard will keep me out of a lot of races this summer. oh, and I'm a scared bitch.

Mexico? oh that's still going down lol, I don't add that into my equation since I have to go there to run Jose. that will more than likley be where I do most of my racing at. tyre sawmill scene is too many kids, you many people raving the same direction, and. if I want to dig then I have to go like 15 miles out to do so. the biggest reason also is this shit. costs too much to keep doing and breaking. I would love to have the car run with minimal issues all summer and that is why I'm spending more and more $ on just making sure the shit. is done correctly the first time. I figured putting some sort of standard will keep me out of a lot of races this summer. oh, and I'm a scared bitch.

Lot more fun to have a car you drive all summer and enjoy than race a couple people a week and break down.