If you "used" to street race....

phil

wait till you have kids that depend on you. changes the way u look at street racing and other. bs. here is what i recomend. make it fast and enjoy the hell out of driving it. dont worry about who is faster because there is always someone faster. we cant all be john force. I sometimes think of selling the s10 because all the money and work involved. but the few times a yr i get to play at the track its fun.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot more fun to have a car you drive all summer and enjoy than race a couple people a week and break down.

This! somehow this started as a junkyard parts toss. now its turning into more than expected and I've over shot the "fun" car.

i will never waste my time running such a meaningless event. im not that into racing that i would do something stupid like this sorry, enjoy sitting most of the summer cause your fireturd broke on wk 4

Pussy. Come out on wednesday nights and race some points with me. Ive been doin this shit on the same set up for 5 years. If your scared of your shit breaking, your not doing it right lol

Pussy. Come out on wednesday nights and race some points with me. Ive been doin this shit on the same set up for 5 years. If your scared of your shit breaking, your not doing it right lol

If you're not breaking shit, you're not fast enough ;).

Fill, I feel ya I personally used to street race a shit ton, as i've gotten older I find i have more to lose. That being said I still will tango if I run into someone on the freeway and things appear safe.

It's not you getting old. I'm in the same boat. I sold all the fast cars and I'm left with a 300 horse whale that doesn't really go anywhere so why run it. I have been enjoying sitting on the sideline calling the shots for other people. Less drama for me.

It's not you getting old. I'm in the same boat. I sold all the fast cars and I'm left with a 300 horse whale that doesn't really go anywhere so why run it. I have been enjoying sitting on the sideline calling the shots for other people. Less drama for me.

This is a lot of it as well, and I think you got me hooked on being the set up man and still having an influence without breaking your own shit. I'm not saying I won't race, or don't want to, just the benefits of it don't even come close to the consequences, I'm talking more fines, cost to fix shit , tow trucks ect .

Check into building a 1-MILE or roll vehicle... ;)

I got tired of the dig only stuff a long time ago. It's still fun from time to time but doesn't really get me excited.

1-Mile you can go a heck of lot faster and instead of letting up at 1/4-mile you can stay in it the entire time and really see how fast your toy is... :fuckyeah:

That or start doing the airstrip races. They are getting more and more popluar and all over the country now.

Another reason for that is you are doing easier starts or rolls so a LOT less stress on the driveline. You shouldn't be breaking stuff nearly as much.

If you are doing 1-Mile you are racing yourself and only beating your own records/goals. You can go after other records for your class, platform, etc..but you are only out to have fun. If you want to do the side-by-side airstrip events and be in the running then be prepared to spend lots of money... ;)

Check into building a 1-MILE or roll vehicle... ;)

I got tired of the dig only stuff a long time ago. It's still fun from time to time but doesn't really get me excited.

1-Mile you can go a heck of lot faster and instead of letting up at 1/4-mile you can stay in it the entire time and really see how fast your toy is... :fuckyeah:

That or start doing the airstrip races. They are getting more and more popluar and all over the country now.

Another reason for that is you are doing easier starts or rolls so a LOT less stress on the driveline. You shouldn't be breaking stuff nearly as much.

If you are doing 1-Mile you are racing yourself and only beating your own records/goals. You can go after other records for your class, platform, etc..but you are only out to have fun. If you want to do the side-by-side airstrip events and be in the running then be prepared to spend lots of money... ;)

that maybe something i look into for my next project, and prolly a great choice since itll be the supra. if there was more of the side by side airport stuff here that would be awesome, sadly we have 270 by sawmill and that shit is so over used and unpredictable (per cops) that im good on that one. ive never done the dig thing really hard, so thats why i am to spending this yr doing it.

are you both bench racing cars that don't even start?

no that would require us to be talking about when it would happen, he simply backed out on an agreed upon duel. therefore my earnings are due, as there may have been a small gesture or wager set upon this contracted side by side challenge.

no that would require us to be talking about when it would happen, he simply backed out on an agreed upon duel. therefore my earnings are due, as there may have been a small gesture or wager set upon this contracted side by side challenge.

Money on sam, not nut swinging but what happen the last time you guys had a race? Didn't he beat you in a suv with like 5 people in it against your Camaro? ahh the good days :lol:

Also cause the dsm will break two seconds into the first pull.

Roll racing is retarded.. if you want to show how much power your car makes and how little skill you have, roll race. But if you want to show that you are a driver and do not only have a decent car that makes good power, race from a dig.

Ya Dig?

Ok I hope this isnt a sign of getting old, but heres my current situation. Im putting the poop pile together for this season, and seeing as this is the first time Ive had money to just throw into a car, I am starting to see that I dont even really want to street race like before. Let me clarify, in years prior, I would go to the weekly meet and pretty much look for 1-2 people to run. Most of the time for petty change, or if it were a friend, just for fun. I started working more toward the set up man for the last 2 years and its kind of fun. Now Ive already listed the 4 people i want to run, and thats really about it. Im no longer roll racing, and I doubt i run anyone for free this year. If i do any racing this yr Im setting the minimum at $100 and it would have to be from a dig. Mainly cause roll racing is not worth it to me. Is this the start of becoming old, or me just being a scared bitch since its now my money going into this car?

the 4 people ive locked runs in with:

Sam

kennyfnpowers

Jones

Jose- he doenst post much here, but he is my mexico rival

It is a sign........ your getting old.

Lock me in.

:)

I'm just getting old with too many responsibilities to be out doing much. I'm not saying I won't race at all, but I'm not going to just jump out and dig race on the highway anymore.

fuck that, we were idiots for that, but it was fun :masturboy:

It is a sign........ your getting old.

Lock me in.

:)

please bring your money

Money on sam, not nut swinging but what happen the last time you guys had a race? Didn't he beat you in a suv with like 5 people in it against your Camaro? ahh the good days :lol:

Also cause the dsm will break two seconds into the first pull.

funny, during this time you were also accepted as a man in most groups and YOU were fun.... interesting, times have changed. This is a discussion about racing, when i need to know how to be a good house pet or the mpg in a hybrid ill throw up the gay pride flag and start a thread called " Paul, please teach me to live with no testicals ."

TRIPLE POSTING