New Ride

Xyster101

Test drove all kinds of trucks and finally settled on this new Silverado 1500. I drove Rams, Tundras, Chevys, and Nissans. I was looking at used for the price, but I get the GM discount and I just could not pass that offer up. First new car to me.

Anyone have the "Rhino Liner" or equal? I was thinking of getting it, $500 including the side rails. I was thinking of having inside the rear fenders sprayed also to protect it from rusting out.

It has

Leather

Reverse camera and sensors

Heated mirrors

20" wheels

Side steps

tow package

5.3l V8

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq342/xyster101/cars/truck_zpsf7538285.jpg

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq342/xyster101/cars/truck3_zps5e0cc971.jpg

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq342/xyster101/cars/truck2_zps26ad43e1.jpg

Looks great. Dad is looking for a brand spankin' new truck. Loves his last 2 fords but is looking for the right deal. Has a dealership offering him a stellar deal and great trade in. Got him looking at the Eco-Boost, but I dunno. Without telling what you paid, what are these going for? Yeah, I've looked online, but we all know online is very different than what they sell for to anyone who isn't an absolute fool.

Automatic LOL? Mind if I find out what you paid for it?

Max, try Fluid Film for the underside. You'll need a creeping rust inhibitor for upstate NY winters!

Auto. . . :mad: no one offered a stick unless I got a diesel truck for $60k.

The truck was $42k MSRP and with the employee discount I got $7k off. There was another $1k for trade in on top of your trade in. I was going to get $3,500 for my Element plus $1k but I sold it for $5k to a high school kid and his dad.

I ended up putting $15k down with the money from the Element and some extra. $397 a month payment.

Automatic LOL? Mind if I find out what you paid for it?

Max, try Fluid Film for the underside. You'll need a creeping rust inhibitor for upstate NY winters!

^this. Get it done before you leave Ohio. I'm stationed at Ft.Drum, NY and around here they wanted $700 to undercoat my impala

Nice truck, didn't realize that they didn't offer manuals anymore, thats really depressing.

I wouldn't recommend rhino lining the wheel wells, if its not done right gunk and water will get behind (faster rusting than leaving it alone) it and rust away before you have a chance to do anything. Get the real rust proofing if you're going to do that. Also for the dodge they had a rear fender well option. I like it because it keeps crap off the metal and also keeps gravel from jumping up and chipping the paint. Not sure if the Chevy has that option.

Rhino line/ line-x is a must. Just don't get any oil or fuel on it, it'll eat it up.

I think those level kits make them look as if there is reverse rake. I'd rather have it stock stance imo.

OP, good looking truck, great color.

That's the 2.5" kit that does

2" is level

I wouldn't recommend rhino lining the wheel wells, if its not done right gunk and water will get behind it and rust away before you have a chance to do anything. Get the real rust proofing if you're going to do that. Also for the dodge they had a rear fender well option.

Rhino line/ line-x is a must. Just don't get any oil or fuel on it, it'll eat it up.

What is the real rust proofing stuff for the wheel wells?

Chevy has plastic fender liners for $150 installed ($120 DIY). I thought the Rhino would be better for $200

Where do I find a applicator for Fluid Film around here?

Great trucks, don't pay any attention to GM's maintenance schedule and you'll have a long lasting happy truck. What I mean is stick to the 3-4k miles for oil changes, not the stupid oil life monitor, and use quality oil since there are more sensitive parts in that engine then just bearings, like cylinder deactivation. Do not wait more then a couple years to change out the coolant. Anyone with a late model GM should follow these basic guidelines. If you don't believe me I'll be happy to explain some of my experiences working on these at the dealership.

This just lifts the front end up a little? Does it look goodfy then when it is loaded?

Goofy like what? 1000 lbs of mulch and a bed full of dirt it didn't look like a baja truck if that is what you are asking.

Goofy like what? 1000 lbs of mulch and a bed full of dirt it didn't look like a baja truck if that is what you are asking.

Goofy as in it rides level with the front life but then the rear end is sagging when the bed is loaded. Where currently it rides with the front low and then rides level when full.

• 2 weeks later...
Go with line-x stronger material. And much better looking texture. Pay the extra 100 and have the uv coating done that why your nice black liner don't fade to great exipically if your going to have the rails done.