My New Boat

Linn1647545492

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking boat Jon, congrats. I've always liked Checkmates. Now get that engine juiced up and put it up against my Velocity. ;)

HA, any pictures of your Velocity? I was looking for a 260 but couldn't find any in my price range. Motor mods are coming this winter.

Are you going to be at Alum tomorrow?

HA, any pictures of your Velocity? I was looking for a 260 but couldn't find any in my price range. Motor mods are coming this winter.

Are you going to be at Alum tomorrow?

I don't have any online photos of it. It's a 280 with a blue V stripe and a black hook. I won't be out this weekend but will be next weekend.

Jon,

Excellent boat, you bought want I am looking for. I have been watching for a decent priced Baja/Checkmate and haven't pulled the trigger yet. I would like to hook up with you and Sam sometime to compare your boats. Since my new position at work, I have not had too much time for other hobbies, hence I havent done anything on the car hobby yet.

Once again excellent boat, I am on the Checkmate forum too.

Jon,

Excellent boat, you bought want I am looking for. I have been watching for a decent priced Baja/Checkmate and haven't pulled the trigger yet. I would like to hook up with you and Sam sometime to compare your boats. Since my new position at work, I have not had too much time for other hobbies, hence I havent done anything on the car hobby yet.

Once again excellent boat, I am on the Checkmate forum too.

Thank you,

Let me know when you want to take a look at the boat, I was out at Alum today for about 5 hours and will be out again tomorrow.

Here is a clean 242.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1998-Checkmate-24-Convincor-102037384

Here is what I can tell you about the big difference between my boat and Sam's. With the same power his boat will always be faster since it is much lighter and smaller however, my boat will be able to run it's top speed from one side of the lake to the other with no issues and Sam will have to let out of it at any large wave/wake. You can stand in my boat while driving and it has a small cuddy, where you have to sit in Sam's and there is only a crawl space up front.

Looks good linn, how bad was the gas on it today?

Get some videos of it running around the lake at some point.

OH and don't let Rhett on it.

I put $210 worth of gas in the boat today and it was just under the full mark when we started the day. It is now just under 3/4 full. I might get two weekends of boating out of this tank of fuel.

Edited by Paul

Jon,

Thanks for the offer, I got some stuff going on tomorrow so I gota pass. I will try to follow up with you guys later this season. Once again, love the new boat. Get video of yours and Sam's once his is back together.

Rick

Here is what I can tell you about the big difference between my boat and Sam's. With the same power his boat will always be faster since it is much lighter and smaller however, my boat will be able to run it's top speed from one side of the lake to the other with no issues and Sam will have to let out of it at any large wave/wake. You can stand in my boat while driving and it has a small cuddy, where you have to sit in Sam's and there is only a crawl space up front.

This is exactly the truth. Linns boat will run 10x better in chop and will be able to run all out in it. In smooth water hp to hp my boat will be alittle faster as mentioned above. The other difference is Linns boat would be a boat that could be slept in all weekend. Technically you can in mine but linns has 2x the amount of room and would be alot more comfortable. Anything else is just boating. There isnt much difference in any other boat then what was posted here.