Building my kid a lowered radio flyer wagon

DaddyBuiltRacing

I just think people like to put their input in on everything really. It's just the day and age we live in with social media and forums. Oh well, moving along. Mounted side marker lights on it today, i'll await the negative comments about these lol

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy218/guy_from_nerk/1005794_10151816472266907_477485438_n_zps52356d29.jpg

• Downvote 1

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it has anything to do with being standoffish. It's more that it's annoying when some one tries to tell you how to parent, or constantly says something about what may or may not happen to a child because he plays with this, or that. Especially when the dangers are as obvious as they are in this thread. We can all get hurt doing the most basic things and I am sure it has crossed Josh's mind about what may or may not happen to his sons fingers.

I recently had a lady try to tell me my son shouldn't play with toy guns because it sends the wrong message, and that I shouldn't be giving rides on the mower because it's dangerous. I don't engage the blades when he's riding and we putt around the property. Same lady rolled her eyes when she heard my son has a 7.5' foot trampoline in the house. Happiest 2 year old ever. lol go fuck yourself lady.

It was a simple question.

From family members, maybe...random ass people, no thanks!

Don't post on the internet seeking acceptance from random ass people then?

I thought it was cool as hell, but christ i've never seen so many wadded panties or sandy vaginas in my life. Ok, now that i'm done looking in the mirror, back to the wagon.

• Upvote 1

He really wants lights that actually work on it, so I am gonna figure out how to mount a 6v cleanly without screwing up the body. I think I can just mount it in a box on the rear under it and hide it with a license plate.

Find a scaled motor for the front, which Clay agrees. Fab some wheelie bars and a parachute mount that conceals a battery. Winner

I think a scale model motor up front would be awesome! You could also put the battery and whatnot inside the motor and just run wires out the bottom. (Assuming the motor would be a plastic cast of one, the inside would be hollow and you could mount the battery in there.

Mount something like this on the front over the axles.

http://web4.hobbylinc.com/gr/rmx/rmx851442.jpg

Or something of the sort! Thats a 1/6th scale so i doubt it would be far off.

EDIT: Dimensions (Base Size: 5-7/8" x 4-3/4") Might not be big enough...

This ones a 426 Dodge Hemi but its also a 1/4 scale so it might fit better

http://web4.hobbylinc.com/gr/hak/hak11053.jpg

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/ehobbies-com_2272_2558767250

Found this in the comments on a website for this model:

QUESTION: what are the diminsions of the engine model\? by None N 9/3/2012

STAFF ANSWER: the model is approximately 8.5 inches long by eHobbies C 9/3/2012

8.5 Inches seems like it would be a descent size, especially for the area you would need to fill. And its also a model so you two could build the motor together then put it on his wagon, like his own little project car :lol:

Heres the link for the engine, its in stock and around $50.

http://www.ehobbies.com/hak11053.html#tab2

After looking at the model some too, i bet you could finish an exhaust using PVC pipe or something and painting it black. Would be badass!

I hope you end up doing this Josh and i think it would look badass when all is said and done and really help the front end look of it! After putting the model engine on it and a fishing seat it would be his own roadster!

He really wants lights that actually work on it, so I am gonna figure out how to mount a 6v cleanly without screwing up the body. I think I can just mount it in a box on the rear under it and hide it with a license plate.

ARE YOU CRAZY?!?

YOU RUN THE RISK OF YOUR CHILD GETTING SHOCKED

BY DAT ELECTRICITY.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED....

...TRYING TO PLEASE YOUR CHILD...

...WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT HIS WELL-BEING.

WHAT KIND OF PARENT ARE YOU?

THAT THING ISN'T SAFE.

YOU MIGHT MESS UP A GROUND...

...SEND 6 WHOLE VOLTS THROUGH YOUR CHILD...

You should just stop, repent for your sins as a parent, and sell me that bada$$ wagon for $100. :gabe: :gabe: :gabe:

• Upvote 1

Bwahahaha, he has a model engine already. His grandpa bought it for him for Christmas last year, it is clear so you can watch the rotating assembly rotate and lights up when the plugs are firing.

I don't want to put a motor on it honestly. I don't have a truck of my own so hauling it would become a real issue. I do agree with gold lettering on it. I have thought about doing the Radio Flyer font but spell out Daddy Built. I have also joked about putting a parachute on it, just gotta find one that fits.

Picked up another one today at random. Me and my buddy was cruising home from the junkyard down a side street and saw a guy hauling this in his other wagon. Stopped and asked if he wanted to sell it, told him I would give him $20 for it. Thing is set up for a motor, has the axle on it still.

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy218/guy_from_nerk/1185883_10151818693426907_449744666_n_zpscdae6f36.jpg

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing