College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

If you are gonna compare schedule records at least use the same point in the season.

L Monroe 4-3 Buffalo 6-2

Msu 2-5 FAMU2-6

Citadel 1-7 Cal 1-7

L tech 4-4 NW 4-4

UK 1-7 Purdue 1-7

Haha ok, here ya go....the point you was trying to prove is? If a 6-2 Buffalo is one of OSU's top wins then the media's point is only further proven. You'd have more ground to stand on if Northwestern or Wisconsin were ranked in the top 10 at their time of defeat to OSU, but they weren't. You are also assuming that MSU goes undefeated to close out the year and makes it to the b10 championship game. I have a feeling they lose to Michigan this week honestly, not saying it will happen just a feeling

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes a difference on the fact of their records? Sounds to me like you have been proven wrong and are now resorting to any little nit picking maneuver you may have left. Please carry on

You're kidding right? Auburn opponent records through 8 games 23-31

Ohio state opponent records through 8 games 30-31

Auburn win 42%

OSU win 49%

Auburn ooc- sun belt

FCS

WAC

OSU ooc

MAC

Pac12

FCS

Mountain West

2013 OSU is 2004 Auburn.

OSU does not have a fucking quality win, therfore they are not 2004 Auburn. How much more blunt do I need to get? OSU has 0 credible wins at this point and prob at seasons end in the eyes of the voters. If you think the voters are excited that OSU beat Buffalo then you are a fucking moron. Do you really think the voters are going to care that OSU beat #15 Northwestern who went on to have 5-6 losses? No, they are going to look at the fact that Northwestern was preseason hyped to hell and back and folded like a piece of paper. Do you think they are going to be impressed that OSU beat 1 win Purdue or Florida A&M? No!

Auburn had victories over quality opponents, teams that at the end of the year were still in the top 10, OSU will have 0 victories against similar teams. Hell OSU will have played 1 team in the top 15 all season long.

As I edited my post, just move along man, move along. You are losing your footing and argument at the same damn time.

BTW lets agree to hope that this years OSU team isn't the 04 Auburn teams. I don't want to see OSU left on the outside looking in while having a 25 game winning streak (assuming they win out and win b10 championship game)

OSU does not have a fucking quality win, therfore they are not 2004 Auburn. How much more blunt do I need to get? OSU has 0 credible wins at this point and prob at seasons end. If you think the voters are excited that OSU beat Buffalo then you are a fucking moron. Do you really think the voters are going to care that OSU beat #15 Northwestern who went on to have 5-6 losses? No, they are going to look at the fact that Northwestern was preseason hyped to hell and back and folded like a piece of paper. Do you think they are going to be impressed that OSU beat 1 win Purdue or Florida A&M? No!

Auburn had victories over quality opponents, teams that at the end of the year were still in the top 10, OSU will have 0 victories against similar teams. Hell OSU will have played 1 team in the top 15 all season long.

As I edited my post, just move along man, move along. You are losing your footing and argument at the same damn time.

You're still wrong. Wisconsin and msu will be ranked. Wisconsin with only 2 losses and msu with 1. I havent lost shit, you are just a hater and have been since braxton and Meyer have been here. Its hilarious.

What am I hating on exactly? I am confused by that statement...I haven't "hated" on Urban, Braxton or OSU at any point in this entire conversation since I posted the link. Maybe your reading comprehension is just as shitty as your math skills

Wisconsin will be ranked what? 23rd? Michigan St will be in the lower 20s if they make it to the B10 championship game and lose to OSU. Hell MSU is 7-1 yet ranked 22nd, you don't think a perception about the B10 exist?

What am I hating on exactly? I am confused by that statement...

The fact that not only do the numbers not lie and you keep going "nu uh!!!!" But also the fact that you are comparing an undefeated bcs team with a fucking mountain West team. The mountain west is bad compared to the MAC for gods sake.

What Mountain West team am I comparing to an undefeated team? You can't comprehend what you read, that has been proven to me time and time again. Go re-read what I said, "the article is comparing OSU to Boise in regards to not getting respect while being undefeated". I never said OMG Ohio State is Boise State, its in regards to the perception that OSU doesn't belong because their conference is weak in the minds of voters and media.

Some key points from the article which I can prob assume you didn't read or if you did read, didn't understand what you was reading exactly:

"The highest-rated opponent Ohio State has played this season – or is likely to play – is Northwestern, which was No. 16 at kickoff last month. The Buckeyes won a hard-fought game, 40-30. Northwestern, however, has lost four in a row, and that ranking appears to be more preseason hype and an easy early-season schedule than any discernable might."

^^

Same exact thing I have been arguing with you over

There are other scenarios too, such as Alabama losing to LSU but still winning the SEC and finishing 12-1. Will voters really leave the two-time defending national champs out for a team pointing to a win over Wisconsin? Don't bet on it.

^^

Another point, the win over Wisconsin impresses no one but you apparently

"or the fact that the best (only) quality non-conference win by the entire Big Ten is currently Michigan over Notre Dame"

^^^

Think about that one for a second...

"Meyer may just play good, conservative, fair-minded football. We'll see. But he ought at least consider trying to hit the gas pedal and not letting up. If he can score 100 points and impress a fickle voter, then score 100 and impress a fickle voter.

If the Big Ten doesn't like it, then the Big Ten should get better. The league's prolonged stretch of mediocrity and coming overexpansion that dilutes things even more will be a recurring thorn in the side of the Buckeyes' national aspirations."

^^

I'm sure you'll read that as "hating" on Urban, OSU and Braxton somehow, when really it's hating on the B10 as a whole

What am I hating on exactly?

Your hating on OSU and the B1G, period, and I can seem that from just skimming all these posts. Your arguing in the wrong place, you want to say what your saying go to some SEC chat board or something otherwise your just going to get shit on here and deservingly so. You will accomplish nothing here so pack your bags and go argue somewhere else.

Your hating on OSU and the B1G, period, and I can seem that from just skimming all these posts. Your arguing in the wrong place, you want to say what your saying go to some SEC chat board or something otherwise your just going to get shit on here and deservingly so. You will accomplish nothing here so pack your bags and go argue somewhere else.

Are you fucking high as well? I have yet to "hate" on Ohio State lmao. Please quote one post of mine where I am hating...I can quote some of mine where I praise the B10 by pointing out how they have the same amount of teams with 2 or less losses as the Pac12 and SEC

3 2-loss SEC teams in the top 15 and 1-loss Michigan just cracking the top 25 for the first week is hilarious.

He must be hating as well...

Why would I hate the fact that OSU is undefeated? Facts are just facts though, the Big10 needs to get better or else OSU's victories will be downplayed by everyone outside of Buckeye fans.

Hell just yesterday the band was shown twice on PTI and Around the Horn, on both shows shots were taken at the football team. Bob Ryan said "if the football team was half as good they would prob win the AFC North". The video shown on PTI asked the question, "who's more entertaining, the OSU marching band or The OSU football team?"

You somehow disagree with this or consider it "hating"

You want hating, try this on for size. I literally just read this on scout:

"Baylor's win vs Kansas more impressive than OSU vs PSU

Just heard some D-Bag ESPN analyst say this. The OSU hating is really getting out of hand. It is really at a new level."

The "hating" isn't from me at all, it's from the media and voters. You may just not want to believe that outside of Central Ohio, no one is giving the Buckeyes or Big Ten any credit

You have compared OSU to Boise State many times. Boise State is in the Mountain West. Derp.

I read the article. I understood it. OSU does not compare to BSU in anyway.

• Downvote 1

LOL holy fuck the level of obstinate in this thread has reached critical mass. Josh is completely on point about Ohio State not being respected on a national level right now. If you are trying to argue otherwise then you don't belong in any discussion about college football. You guys giving him a hard time are missing the forest because of the trees.

BTW has anyone talked about bow Buffalo's only 2 losses are to undefeated bcs teams?

Iowas 3 losses are to teams that are 38-2

I think I mentioned Buffalo this past week. Did not know that about Iowa. Makes what OSU did to them in the 2nd half that much more impressive. This is probably a year where Ferentz takes Iowa to a high-level non-BCS bowl and beats an SEC team and no one pays any attention.

I give up!

http://i.imgur.com/i3JwhBD.gif

Simple questions:

Did boise state get criticized for playing in a weak conference? Yes or no. Circle one.

Is Ohio state being criticized for playing in a weak conference? Yes or no. Circle one.

If you circled yes twice and aren't Josh, punch yourself in the face.

Nice try, buddy! I'm not circling something on my monitor! That would ruin it!

Also seeing Josh quote my post where I mentioned 1-loss Michigan... definitely meant to mention 1-loss Michigan State. Michigan is awful and deserves their ranking or worse. Michigan State should be well inside the top 20.

LOL holy fuck the level of obstinate in this thread has reached critical mass. Josh is completely on point about Ohio State not being respected on a national level right now. If you are trying to argue otherwise then you don't belong in any discussion about college football. You guys giving him a hard time are missing the forest because of the trees.

At the same time he is buying into that same lack of respect. he is also buying into some of the same schedule strength junk that the pundits are selling.

I am not buying into any of that. I am buying into the fact that OSU's opponents aren't very good. Wisconsin is the best win that OSU has plain and simple. They are ranked 24th and will be ranked around the same come seasons end if they win out and win their bowl game. There is no debating that right now. If Michigan State somehow wins out, gets in the top 10 then there is 1 quality win for OSU. The question then becomes is it too little too late? If it makes you feel better, many feel that Florida State will start losing ground due to their schedule as well.

Nice try, buddy! I'm not circling something on my monitor! That would ruin it!

Also seeing Josh quote my post where I mentioned 1-loss Michigan... definitely meant to mention 1-loss Michigan State. Michigan is awful and deserves their ranking or worse. Michigan State should be well inside the top 20.

I knew what you meant and I agree that it's fucked up. It just shows the lack of respect that the Big Ten is currently getting. My point this entire time lol