College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Spartans giving that team up north a beat down today!! -48 rushing for blue lol, Spartys D is legit!!

Anyone see the end of the Northwestern vs. Nebraska game?? That just never happens.....

we really needed Michigan(2-2 6-2)to win that game along with Indiana(1-3 3-5) and Illinois(0-4 3-5), with them all losing today its definitely not helping our case for a National Title shot.

BTW anyone watch College Gameday this morning? their special guest picker Jake Owen(some country singer?) while doing the picks, when they got to the B1G his response was "Wait the B1G still has/plays football?" what a piece of shit and a dickhead.

Edited by SinisterSS

I would agree with that, outside of FSU I don't think any of the ACC teams are amazing. Florida State deserves the hype/credit they are being given, they are a damn good team. Clemson, Va Tech, Miami are all teams that get love preseason then go on to lose 3-5 games (especially Va Tech). I think ESPN has a bias against the b10 due to the BTN and will do everything they can to discredit the big ten.

Now with that being said, the Big 10 needs to step up. After going to Purdue today, I now know why they can't recruit. The facilities are terrible looking, the atmosphere sucks and they got booed at their own stadium by opposing fans lol. I said this earlier if Michigan would've hired Les Miles or even Harbaugh it would've helped greatly. Michigan sucking is fun to make fun of, but the Big10 needs them and Penn State to get back to being relevant again and they need to do it asap.

Hopefully Michigan State moves up in the polls, but I don't think anyone ahead of them lost besides Miami who won't drop too far. At best I think Michigan State is 20th when polls come out. Hopefully by time the B10 championship rolls around they are 13ish, if not better. That's if they can beat Nebraska who is still in the mix over in that division. We'll just have to wait and see how the season unfolds. I think next weekend we see a lot of changes in the landscape as there is some big matchups.

BTW I think Hyde hits 1000 yards this year. He had 590 entering todays game, went for 111 yards on 8 carries lol. 3 games left and 300 yards to go, I would say he hits that. Just imagine his numbers if he had played the first 3 games and had more than 5 carries in the first game back. Dude is averaging 7.3 yards a carry and not doing this in garbage time where a lot of guys pad stats. He is doing this against other teams #1's

While they won't be there, MSU and Wisconsin both deserve to be in the top 15. MSU turned some heads today with what they did to Michigan so they might make a little jump they wouldn't make otherwise.

And I think I pointed out Carlos' numbers after last week. He's got at least 4 games left to get 299. So 75 ypg. He'll probably have another Purdue-esque outing against Illinois. Then he may have to grind out some yards against Indiana to keep their offense on the sideline. I could see him eclipsing 1,000 in that game if he puts up a little over 100 against the Illini.

I really want to believe the defense has improved and a light has gone on for Fickell. I think that may have happened at halftime of the Iowa game. Since then they have just seemed so much better than the first half of the season.

Fun stat comparison...

Jadeveon Clowney 30 tkl, 6.5 TFL, 2 sacks

Noah Spence 37 tkl, 11 TFL, 7 sacks

I was trying to find it, but it was a while ago. I'll keep looking. I swear I remember reading it in one of the reports...

Yes, Urban meyer have stated in a report that his wife has no power to Veto Jobs at tOSU, ND, and Michigan. But that doesn't mean Urban would have done the same thing for Michigan when the opportunity came. Urban has Ties at tOSU, Earle Bruce is like a 2nd father to him. He have stated that him self. Earle has been a major part of his life and mentor to him throughout his career. He also has ties at ND with Lou Holtz and Bob Davie and a devote Roman Catholic which would have made him a good candidate for the ND job, but he declined. It isn't the money that brought Urban Meyer to tOSU, he was getting paid the same 4 million a year at UF. What brought Urban Meyer to tOSU is Earle Bruce, tOSU, his family being in Ohio and an opportunity make his father and Coach Bruce proud. It is just very said that the announcement came a couple weeks after his father passed away, he also stated this him self.

Fun stat comparison...

Jadeveon Clowney 30 tkl, 6.5 TFL, 2 sacks

Noah Spence 37 tkl, 11 TFL, 7 sacks

In all fairness, everyone knows Clowney is clowning around this season. If he was actually trying, his stats would be insane. Dude is just out there cause he has to be, his head is already in the NFL. With that said Spence is quietly having a really nice season.

BTW last night on ESPN they tried giving OSU a little love, Mark May was quick to shoot it down with a "level of competition" statement. Can they fire that guy already?

we really needed Michigan(2-2 6-2)to win that game along with Indiana(1-3 3-5) and Illinois(0-4 3-5), with them all losing today its definitely not helping our case for a National Title shot.

BTW anyone watch College Gameday this morning? their special guest picker Jake Owen(some country singer?) while doing the picks, when they got to the B1G his response was "Wait the B1G still has/plays football?" what a piece of shit and a dickhead.

Nah, we wanted Michigan State to win and want them to win out. Then, if we beat them in B1G CG, that will be the biggest boost we can get in terms of the computers and, hopefully, the polls. Also, we're hoping that Wisconsin gets on a roll and wins out.

BTW last night on ESPN they tried giving OSU a little love, Mark May was quick to shoot it down with a "level of competition" statement. Can they fire that guy already?

That's his shtick. He's like a nice, warm blankie for all the southern honks who think exactly like he acts. They watch ESPN to hear about how great the SEC is. Lou and Rece point out how OSU has been very impressive the last couple weeks and the southerners get a little antsy so May throws out the little "level of competition" line a couple times in a row to soothe them back into their ignorance.

And once again OSU lost points in both polls after another blowout. Baylor gained points, not just ground due to OSU losing points, but points... during a bye week.

And once again OSU lost points in both polls after another blowout. Baylor gained points, not just ground due to OSU losing points, but points... during a bye week.

That's because OSU had some no 2 and no. 3 votes. Those votes were given to FSU when they beat the U. Since the U lost, baylor moved up rankings and gained points. There is no way that tOSU would have gained points unless Noles lost to the U.

Nah, we wanted Michigan State to win and want them to win out. Then, if we beat them in B1G CG, that will be the biggest boost we can get in terms of the computers and, hopefully, the polls. Also, we're hoping that Wisconsin gets on a roll and wins out.

I don't see us playing in the NC game unless Bama loses to LSU and stanford beats Oregon, and again in their conference championship game.

I think the NC game will be Oregon vs. FSU and OSU will get Bama or Baylor. can't wait for this playoff system to start. I still think they should take the 4 winner's of each BSC bowl game and advance them into the playoff, that way Conference Champions and At Large teams have a chance, the Bowl committee gets their money, the networks will double their profits, and we the fans will get a true National Champion. If not that then we need a 12 or 16 team playoff that way NO ONE can cry about being left out.

I think Baylor loses this week to Oklahoma as well. This weekend in my opinion is the big upset weekend. I could honestly see Oregon, Bama and Baylor all going down.

That would be great, I would love to see tOSU vs Alabama in the NCG. I don't think stanford will get a shot at the NCG having 1 loss and tOSU goes undefeated. tOSU, Bama, and Oregon have giagantic fan bases. BCS is about making money, they will make a ton more money with the the said 3 teams going into the NCG rather than Stanford.

If Bama, FSU, Oregon and OSU remain unbeaten then you will see Bama and Oregon in the title game with OSU playing probably Stanford in the Rose Bowl. No cool game with Baylor or FSU. They'd be in their conference tie-in bowls. Stanford would be at-large and the Rose would pick them up in a heartbeat to keep the Pac 12-B1G matchup.

I was pretty surprised to see Baylor as a 2 TD favorite against Oklahoma on Thursday. Baylor had a rough time with Kansas State who, if anyone forgot, lost their season opener at home to FCS North Dakota State. But Vegas isn't dumb so we'll see. Thursday night should be a lot of fun.

Baylor loses, Oregon loses, and Bama loses.

Ohio State moves up to #2 in polls, FSU moves to #1.

Bama only falls to #4 in polls (behind FSU, Ohio State, and Stanford).

New BCS rankings: FSU #1, Ohio State #2

Sound feasible? And, if so, could Bama find some way of working back into NCG and leaping over Ohio State for #2 spot? I would think not, since LSU would be representative in SECCG.

I would think not, since LSU would be representative in SECCG.

LSU has 2 SEC losses already. Only way Alabama isn't in the SECCG is if they lose twice (including a loss to LSU) or if Auburn wins out and beats them.

And no matter how bad people think OSU and their schedule is I can't see a 1-loss team from any conference jumping ahead of them.

LSU has 2 SEC losses already. Only way Alabama isn't in the SECCG is if they lose twice (including a loss to LSU) or if Auburn wins out and beats them.

And no matter how bad people think OSU and their schedule is I can't see a 1-loss team from any conference jumping ahead of them.

Shit, that's right, I forgot about LSU having two losses and forgot about Auburn altogether.

esp if Wisconsin wins out and they beat a 1 loss MSU in the B1GCG

Shit, that's right, I forgot about LSU having two losses and forgot about Auburn altogether.

I forgot about the Ole Miss loss myself but went to check the SEC conference standings to try and figure out the scenarios there after reading your post and saw they had 2 losses and it all came back to me...lol.

And yeah, Auburn's turnaround has been pretty remarkable. Malzahn's career has been quite a roller coaster ride. Flashed big-time at Arkansas as their OC, left after one season due to crap wit Nutt, hung out with his buddy in Tulsa for a bit, resurfaced big-time with Auburn under Chizik, got out of there for a bit and boom... right back in business.