College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

esp if Wisconsin wins out and they beat a 1 loss MSU in the B1GCG

I was just stewing about Wisconsin and MSU today.

If Wisconsin was SEC team, I bet every time their name got mentioned they would say something like, "Well, Wisconsin really only has one loss, since they got cheated by the refs." Oh, and Wisconsin would/should be ranked #10. Hell, Clemson is, and their only loss was to a Top 5 team - and Clemson got curbstomped. Fuck, Stanford is, and they loss to an unranked team and they look boring.

MSU's defense is fucking fantastic. If they were Bama or LSU or Florida, all the pundits would be touching themselves every time they mentioned MSU's defense. But, because they don't play in the SEC, they are ranked like #19. Wtf. Seriously, one of you stat guys, how does MSU's defense rank statistically to 2009 Bama or 2011 LSU/Bama? All we heard was about how awesome those defenses were. Is MSU close to them statistically?

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just stewing about Wisconsin and MSU today.

If Wisconsin was SEC team, I bet every time their name got mentioned they would say something like, "Well, Wisconsin really only has one loss, since they got cheated by the refs." Oh, and Wisconsin would/should be ranked #10. Hell, Clemson is, and their only loss was to a Top 5 team - and Clemson got curbstomped. Fuck, Stanford is, and they loss to an unranked team and they look boring.

MSU's defense is fucking fantastic. If they were Bama or LSU or Florida, all the pundits would be touching themselves every time they mentioned MSU's defense. But, because they don't play in the SEC, they are ranked like #19. Wtf. Seriously, one of you stat guys, how does MSU's defense rank statistically to 2009 Bama or 2011 LSU/Bama? All we heard was about how awesome those defenses were. Is MSU close to them statistically?

was discussing the same subject at work, don't they have the #1 defense in the nation? I'm not gonna lie, MSU's defense scares me thinking about "IF" we have to play them in the B1G championship game...it keeps giving me terrible flashbacks from 1998 and they were nothing when they beat us then.

MSU's defense is nasty. Yup, they have the number 1 defence in the nation.

The 20 of Michigan's -48 yards came from a botched snap, but even still, that would put it at -28.

I pray we play them in the B1G champ game and beat the shit out of them. That is one last statement, however without losses from the teams in front of us there is zero chance we will leap any one of the three.

I don't think MSU's offense has enough weapons to score against OSU, but I think OSU has enough to put points on the board against MSU. The X Factor if you will, is going to be Braxton, he is going to have to have a career game in that game in order for OSU to win. I think MSU will put a ton of guys in the box to stop Hyde and force Miller to beat him with his arm. I like that OSU suddenly started using the TE again, they was open every play against Purdue.

OSU has to get past Indiana, Illinois and Michigan before we can really start talking BCS NC honestly. I don't want to see this team looking ahead to the B10 title game and get tripped up by a team they should plow by 30 in the process.

I honestly think MSU will beat OSU. And I think a title game matchup is inevitable, so we're probably going to find out

I honestly think MSU will get curb stomped if they play tOSU. MSU has a good defense, but hasn't seen an offense like Ohio States this season. Ohio State just have way to many weapons. MSU's offense sucks, Ohio States defense is pretty damn good. It had it's hiccups earlier, but it is still a top 10 defense.

I don't think MSU's offense has enough weapons to score against OSU, but I think OSU has enough to put points on the board against MSU. The X Factor if you will, is going to be Braxton, he is going to have to have a career game in that game in order for OSU to win. I think MSU will put a ton of guys in the box to stop Hyde and force Miller to beat him with his arm. I like that OSU suddenly started using the TE again, they was open every play against Purdue.

OSU has to get past Indiana, Illinois and Michigan before we can really start talking BCS NC honestly. I don't want to see this team looking ahead to the B10 title game and get tripped up by a team they should plow by 30 in the process.

All of this is stuff I agree with. Especially the not looking ahead part.

And let me just say I hate Illinois. DIE

I honestly think MSU will get curb stomped if they play tOSU. MSU has a good defense, but hasn't seen an offense like Ohio States this season. Ohio State just have way to many weapons. MSU's offense sucks, Ohio States defense is pretty damn good. It had it's hiccups earlier, but it is still a top 10 defense.

I am leaning this way as well. tOSU put 30+ points on an Iowa D that is ALSO no fucking joke, and had the benefit of an offense that was controlling the shit out of the clock in that game. Literally, any team that plays against us is going to have to be able to score every time they get the ball, just to keep up. Let's say MSU stop us cold 4 times in that game, out of probably 8 or 9 possessions. Do YOU think that MSU O can score on more than 5 possessions against our D?

All of this is just speculation right now, but I still believe that the only team in our conference that has a chance to beat us this year is tOSU. When things are going, they go like fucking gangbusters.

I don't think Urban Meyer will. He always talking about taking it one game at a time. He will make sure Ohio State is prepared for the game they are playing that week.

Ohio State needs to get faster on the defensive side of the ball. I like the way they are playing, but they still need to get faster. Anyone watch Florida State's defense manhandle Miami on Saturday night? That's a fast fucking defense right there.

Ohio State needs to get faster on the defensive side of the ball. I like the way they are playing, but they still need to get faster. Anyone watch Florida State's defense manhandle Miami on Saturday night? That's a fast fucking defense right there.

They will. As each player doesn't have to worry about whether or not the guy next to him is going to do his job, they will play faster and faster.

They will. As each player doesn't have to worry about whether or not the guy next to him is going to do his job, they will play faster and faster.

That's exactly what the college football live guys talked about with regards to MSU's defense Saturday night. That's why they're so good. Because they're not out there trying to do another person's job. They each do their own and that's that. Plays where Gardner or whoever would try and reverse field, those can be big plays against an undisciplined defense. Against MSU it's just more and more negative yardage.

Biggest week for Ohio State this season and they aren't even playing. If Bama and Oregon both win I don't think our chances are completely gone, but it will kill our odds quite a bit. We will have a much better idea as to where we stand after this week.

On the MSU vs. tOSU topic, I could see it being something like 34-14 if we're firing on all cylinders. I mean at the end of the day MSU beat Purdue 14-0 and gave up 28 points to Indiana...

Biggest week for Ohio State this season and they aren't even playing. If Bama and Oregon both win I don't think our chances are completely gone, but it will kill our odds quite a bit. We will have a much better idea as to where we stand after this week.

On the MSU vs. tOSU topic, I could see it being something like 34-14 if we're firing on all cylinders. I mean at the end of the day MSU beat Purdue 14-0 and gave up 28 points to Indiana...

Don't sleep on that IN offense. Those kids can score the fucking rock, fo sho.

Indiana will put points up against Ohio State, they are similar to Cal in how they sling the ball around. I just think they are actually better than Cal. Remember the game last year?

52-49

Yes Indiana is 3-5, but look at who they have lost to:

Missouri (45-28)

Michigan State (42-28)

Minnesota (they are decent)

Michigan (63-47)

Navy (41-35)

I think OSU hangs 60 on them, but will give up 28ish.

BTW I was thinking Illinois gave OSU fits year in and year out, but it's just thoughts of 07 playing tricks on my mind. Illinois is 1-7 against OSU since 2002

Les Miles has to be licking his chops, hoping this is true. He would be the main attraction in the SEC then:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--nick-saban-special-pressure-at-alabama-after-texas-longhorns-report-031023078.html

Saban + Texas = :no:

Then again, he's already dominated college football at Alabama, so I guess him leaving and taking his chances somewhere else could slow down his reign of championships. It will hurt the SEC for sure though. Without Alabama, the SEC is really nothing special this year...and I see that being the case in years to come as well as the rest of college football catches up.

A pretty good read about the rise of the hopeful "rise" of the B1G

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/88448/b1gs-growing-upper-class-boosts-buckeyes

After watching ESPN and seeing some articles come out lately around the sports world the past couple weeks, I'm starting to see more and more of an argument for Ohio State. Perception is huge, and I think people are starting to see that maybe the B1G isn't as bad as it seems. Regardless of where OSU goes on to play in the bowl season, the B1G needs to represent well. We usually play what, 3 SEC teams in bowl games (Capital One, Outback, and Gator?) We need to go 2-1 against them in those bowls to gain respect heading into next year which could make a difference in where we go next year as well.

"Buckeye Nation

Urban Meyer says Luke Fickell did not in fact interview for the open head coaching job at Florida Atlantic. It was reported yesterday by the Florida Sun Sentinel that Fickell had interviewed with FAU athletic director Pat Chun."

Yeah there was a post on 11w that Chun was in Indy for some selection committee meeting, not in Columbus. Its so easy to track tail #'s. Not sure how the media fucked this one up.

Yeah there was a post on 11w that Chun was in Indy for some selection committee meeting, not in Columbus. Its so easy to track tail #'s. Not sure how the media fucked this one up.

Media needs to hire message board junkies. I've watched so many coaches' or schools' planes going from place to place as rumors of coaching changes swirl. Really fun for some reason.

I think MSU will give OSU a run for their money to start the game out. As the game progresses, MSU's offense is TERRIBLE and OSU will force turnovers. I see OSU scoring off those turnovers and taking over the game. I also think OSU has the BIG in the bag this year. Indiana doesnt have enough to beat OSU and Illinois is just your normal Big Ten team.

I'm a big Michigan fan but there are so many things wrong with them this year. I can see Michigan loosing out. I hate to say that as a fan but with no offense line, no running game and only having Gallon as the main WR that all adds up to trouble. Funchess is good, but thats not enough to offset.