College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

The Boise comparison is stating how they could go undefeated and be on the outside looking in based on the fact that their schedule is weak. That is always the excuse people make when talking about why Boise should not be in the NCG

Why can't we be Auburn? They were undefeated and left out.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then we'll be Auburn, either way OSU will be on the outside looking in based on the National perception that the big 10 is terrible.

FWIW Auburns 2004 schedule was a lot tougher than OSU's has been this year.

If MSU wins out and we meet them in the B1G championship, Auburn's won't be "a lot" tougher. They Auburn would have only pklayed 1 more ranked team

If MSU wins out and we meet them in the B1G championship, Auburn's won't be "a lot" tougher. They Auburn would have only pklayed 1 more ranked team

Oh really?

#5 LSU

#10 Tennesee

#8 Uga

#15 Tennesee (SEC champ game)

Not a lot tougher? I'll be here waiting for your rebuttal. OSU may have played teams that at the time were ranked, but none were higher than 15, and that team is now a 4 loss Northwestern, whom OSU struggled against. Beating teams ranked 20 or lower is not going to impress the voters, OSU has to absolutely destroy ever team they play from here on out and pray teams in front lose

Do you think any of OSU's opponents finish the season ranked higher than the ranked teams that Auburn team faced?

LSU 16th in both coaches and AP

Tennesee 15th in coaches 13th in AP

UGA 6th in coaches 7th in AP

Not really, why would I hate the fact that OSU is undefeated? Facts are just facts though, the Big10 needs to get better or else OSU's victories will be downplayed by everyone outside of Buckeye fans.

Hell just yesterday the band was shown twice on PTI and Around the Horn, on both shows shots were taken at the football team. Bob Ryan said "if the football team was half as good they would prob win the AFC North". The video shown on PTI asked the question, "who's more entertaining, the OSU marching band or The OSU football team?"

There's a reason OSU started 2nd in the country and has now been jumped by 2 other teams. The national perception is OSU has played no bodies, thus the same perception that Boise State usually gets. Hell some people feel that even if 2 teams ahead of OSU lose and the Buckeyes win out, OSU should be left out and jumped by a 1 loss team. Talk about lack of respect.

Oh really?

#5 LSU

#10 Tennesee

#8 Uga

#15 Tennesee (SEC champ game)

Not a lot tougher? I'll be here waiting for your rebuttal. OSU may have played teams that at the time were ranked, but none were higher than 15, and that team is now a 4 loss Northwestern, whom OSU struggled against. Beating teams ranked 20 or lower is not going to impress the voters, OSU has to absolutely destroy ever team they play from here on out and pray teams in front lose

Do you think any of OSU's opponents finish the season ranked higher than the ranked teams that Auburn team faced?

LSU 16th in both coaches and AP

Tennesee 15th in coaches 13th in AP

UGA 6th in coaches 7th in AP

Wisconsin and MSU will finish near equal to LSU and Tenn.

Out of Conference Lousiana Tech (6-6), Louisiana Monroe(5-6), Citadel(3-7)

3-8 Miss State

2-9 Kentucky

4-7 Ole Miss

"who's more entertaining, the OSU marching band or The OSU football team?"

The idea that an Urban Meyer coached team...ANY of them...is getting dissed for being "boring" is cracking me right the fuck up.

I have been very hesitant to drink the kool-aid this year, and I feel I have been, up to this point, realistic about OSU's ability to play with the top five teams. However, I will say this, if OSU plays like they did v. PSU, they can beat anyone handily. I mean, D taking the ball away, O not giving it back, scoring on almost every possession....and they CAN play that way. They have just been very inconsistent this season.

A good thing about being in their current spot is that Ohio State has motivation to be up, amped, prepared, etc. for every game.

- they have a huge win streak and know everyone is gunning to be ones to end it

- they have to impress voters to stay in the NC discussion

- they are being disrespected continuously on a national level

All that being said, fuck if I'm not nervous about Purdue. Those little wretches have been a thorn in Ohio State's side far too many times. I wish they would just roll over and die. DIE

The idea that an Urban Meyer coached team...ANY of them...is getting dissed for being "boring" is cracking me right the fuck up.

I have been very hesitant to drink the kool-aid this year, and I feel I have been, up to this point, realistic about OSU's ability to play with the top five teams. However, I will say this, if OSU plays like they did v. PSU, they can beat anyone handily. I mean, D taking the ball away, O not giving it back, scoring on almost every possession....and they CAN play that way. They have just been very inconsistent this season.

Likety-like

The Boise comparison is stating how they could go undefeated and be on the outside looking in based on the fact that their schedule is weak. That is always the excuse people make when talking about why Boise should not be in the NCG

Boise State played in the WAC, there is a B1G difference between WAC and the B1G. I can see your argument if tOSU were playing in the MAC, but they are not.

^ You have to admit that was a great marketing play at trying to strengthen UC as a significant football presence in Ohio... and at the time of it, UC fans had a lot to be proud of and anticipate... we had some REALLY strong teams.... I still wish I knew how the Sugar Bowl had played out if Brian Kelly (may he burn in hell) hadnt decided to leave before the game, and Urban Meyer hadnt given Fla the "lets win one for the gipper" motivation... Who knows, may have still been a blow out, but for some reason, I dont want to believe so...

Just dont lump me in with the fan-atic.... I have always recognized that we had an uphill battle and dont have a spot at hte big kid table... cant even touch the history and pedigree of OSU football.... (though keep in mind OSU has a lot of annoying fan-atics as well...)

Boise State played in the WAC, there is a B1G difference between WAC and the B1G. I can see your argument if tOSU were playing in the MAC, but they are not.

Yeah you're right there is, they don't have the luxury of recruiting BIG10 caliber players. We won't get into the whole Boise St debate again, they was just referenced in the article because of OSU being disrespected by the media and voters. If by Michigan week OSU is still 4th in the polls then we have to start really worrying, I think 2 of the top 3 lose at least once. I just think OSU has to be absolutely dominant the rest of this year.

BTW how is it my argument? What argument do you think you're seeing here? I am not arguing anything, I didn't write the damn article, I simply posted a link and then explained what the article was about haha

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Wisconsin and MSU will finish near equal to LSU and Tenn.

Out of Conference

Lousiana Tech (6-6), Buffalo 6-2

Louisiana Monroe(5-6) SDSU 3-4

Citadel(3-7) Cal 1-7

3-8 Miss State FAMU2-6

2-9 Kentucky Purdue 1-7

4-7 Ole Miss NW 4-4

Wisconsin will prob end up losing 3-4 games and be outside of the top 25, Michigan St could either go 4-0 in their last 4 or go something like 1-3 (they have Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern and Minnesota)

I would love both teams to be in the top 25 at seasons end, hell give me a 1 loss MSU team in the B10 championship game ranked in the top 15 and I would be happy. I just don't think that'll happen. The perception right or wrong is that the Big 10 as a whole is weak.

That isn't my perception, if you look at the b10 conference you'll see they have the same amount of 0-2 loss teams as the SEC and Pac12 which are being praised as the 2 toughest conferences.

Indiana, PSU and Minnesota all could be losses. Penn State isn't as bad as they played against OSU, Minnesota is pretty decent (have you watched them at all?) Indiana can hang points on the board. Wisconsin already has 2 losses, they lose 1 more that equals 3, they lose 2 out of their last 5 and that equals 4...

Indiana, PSU and Minnesota all could be losses. Penn State isn't as bad as they played against OSU, Minnesota is pretty decent (have you watched them at all?) Indiana can hang points on the board. Wisconsin already has 2 losses, they lose 1 more that equals 3, they lose 2 out of their last 5 and that equals 4...

Yes I've watched Minnesota. They are unimpressive. Wisconsin has an experienced pressure defense that will hand Indiana just fine and put PSU in the same predicament they were in against OSU.

I can do math by the way.

Just making sure you were able to do the math, you seemed confused when I started tossing numbers out.

I actually think Minnesota is pretty decent, I have watched them a few times myself. I feel their coach should resign, his health issues are becoming an on the field issue.