College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like beating an over rated chokelahoma team and thinking you are the greatest since sliced bread.

They also think that Art Briles is the greatest coaching mind ever, and given a month to prepare would outcoach Urban and his staff

Nothing like beating an over rated chokelahoma team and thinking you are the greatest since sliced bread.

Seriously, how the fuck was Oklahoma top 10? They were dominated by a bad Texas team. To compare, Michigan State, with possibly the best defense in the entire country, has only 1 loss by less than a TD to currently ranked Notre Dame and can barely crack the top 20. And of course there are 3 2-loss SEC teams in the top 15 which we just have to live with at this point. But Oklahoma top 10? :dumb:

Watching that game last night and seeing Blake Bell pass... it was like watching Bauserman all over again. Just nauseating.

I LOVE that there's an article today saying Sumlin is the top candidate for USC. I've been messing with my A&M friend since Kiffin was fired saying stuff like, "So where is Sumlin going to be next year? USC or the NFL?" Reading the Aggies trying to say there's just no way he'd leave on reddit is glorious. Their fanbase is so bad.

I LOVE that there's an article today saying Sumlin is the top candidate for USC. I've been messing with my A&M friend since Kiffin was fired saying stuff like, "So where is Sumlin going to be next year? USC or the NFL?" Reading the Aggies trying to say there's just no way he'd leave on reddit is glorious. Their fanbase is so bad.

I just had one not too long ago saying that Manziel's passing #'s has nothing to do with Sumlin's system, and Case Keenum doesn't count as evidence. LOL

Only way Manziel wins is if Winston falls apart down the stretch and Manziel is basically the last man standing. His numbers are good but not as good as last year (specifically his rushing yardage) and he's a massive douchebag which old-school guys (aka a lot of the people who vote for the award) will not vote for.

Has anyone been watching ESPN's first take? Skip Bayless is on a 1 man mission to win Manziel the Heisman. I thought his love affair with Tebow was bad, good lord.

Most of the dopes on ESPN need shoved in a locker and thrown in a river. They have turned into the CNN of sports, full of talking heads that just want to spark a reaction rather than have a single useful thing to say....

I really wish there was an alternative to ESPN, but there really isn't. They are the dominant force in sporting news

Fox sports 1 is refreshing -

The only and relevant alternative. Give them some more time, they will have a good network.

I'm not sure if you guys remember this or not, but there was a guy at ESPN that was even worse than May when it came to the anti-Ohio State sentiment: Trev Alberts. I can remember the weeks leading up to the NCG between Ohio State and Miami and him saying all kinds of bullshit about Oho State, like how they were going to get throttled, were too slow, etc. At that time, Mark May was there, and he was kind of anti-Ohio State too (or, maybe I should say, very pro-Miami), so I think he has always kind of disliked Ohio State. However, once Alberts got canned, May stepped in to the play the "heel."

I'm not sure if you guys remember this or not, but there was a guy at ESPN that was even worse than May when it came to the anti-Ohio State sentiment: Trev Alberts. I can remember the weeks leading up to the NCG between Ohio State and Miami and him saying all kinds of bullshit about Oho State, like how they were going to get throttled, were too slow, etc. At that time, Mark May was there, and he was kind of anti-Ohio State too (or, maybe I should say, very pro-Miami), so I think he has always kind of disliked Ohio State. However, once Alberts got canned, May stepped in to the play the "heel."

Trev also stated before and after the nc game that iowa was the best in the big ten that year. same iowa team that got curb stomped by usc in their bowl game. he was a grade a douche.