College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More tidbits on the Fickell rumor:

Jeff Rapp ‏@RappUp 4m

More Urb: "Don't do anything to disrupt this team. I get the whole thing, but there's absolutely no interviewing going on during this time."

Jeff Rapp ‏@RappUp 5m

Meyer on report (@CoachFick, Fla. Atlantic): "My wife sent me a text asking if Luke interviewed. He did not interview. He better not have."

Michigan about to implode?

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Exclusive-Multiple-Michigan-underclassmen-exploring-transfer-options-10-2-4469

Not sure how reliable of a source the site is that wrote this, but if true this could set Michigan back even further. I mean they are still blaming Rich Rod for how the program is right now and apparently he set them back 5+years.

Looking at OSU recruiting it seems that Lonnie Johnson may be waivring on his commitment to the bucks and DT Thomas Holley is now expected to choose PSU over OSU. Not sure what PSU is selling kids but it's working lately.

Apparently OSU stopped recruiting Holley a week or so ago. I think they pushed for a decision and he didn't have one so they said best of luck and moved on. They don't think he's good enough to wait on, scholarships are tight and they are in the thick of it for Solomon Thomas out of Texas. Lonnie is an academic risk and he's already been recruited over in this class with Noah Brown coming in. He was informed to look at other options. Will probably end up at a directional school in Michigan.

BTW how long before Bob Stoops gets fired at Oklahoma? That dude can not win a big game to save his life and it's not like they don't get talented players.

I bet Baylor jumps OSU in the polls after this weekend and we'll still be #4 if Stanford keeps doing their part

I don't think Baylor jumps us, but then again crazier shit has happened. I mean OSU did fall in the polls after beating a team 40-20.

Oregon is coming apart at the seams right now!

edit:

Just looked, Baylor is 6th in the BCS behind OSU and Stanford. I don't see them jumping either team this week

Baylor: 7745

OSU: 8720

^^ BCS averages

Holy Cow, Oregon came back alive there at the end. Glad I stayed up to watch. Early on in the game considering the shut out I wouldn't have been surprised if somehow Stanford bumped OSU. Then Oregon came back I think works in our favor.

Stanford lost to unranked Utah, they will not jump OSU. I don't think they would've jumped OSU had they won 30-0 either. I agree, come on LSU!!!

Next 4-5 weeks are going to be fun:

Alabama has:

#13 LSU

@Miss St

Chattanooga

#9 Auburn

SEC Champ Game (given the make it here)

Florida State:

@Wake Forest

Syracuse

Idaho

@Florida

ACC Champ Game

OSU:

Bye

@Illinois

Indiana

@Michigan

Big 10 Champ Game

Baylor:

#25 Texas Tech

@#14 Oklahoma St

@TCU

Texas

Stanford lost to unranked Utah, they will not jump OSU. I don't think they would've jumped OSU had they won 30-0 either. I agree, come on LSU!!!

Next 4-5 weeks are going to be fun:

Alabama has:

#13 LSU

@Miss St

Chattanooga

#9 Auburn

SEC Champ Game (given the make it here)

Florida State:

@Wake Forest

Syracuse

Idaho

@Florida

ACC Champ Game

OSU:

Bye

@Illinois

Indiana

@Michigan

Big 10 Champ Game

Baylor:

#25 Texas Tech

@#14 Oklahoma St

@TCU

Texas

If Baylor doesn't lose to either TT or Okie St I'd be shocked.

I will not be surprised when both Baylor and Stanford are ahead of us in the next poll. Meh...I grew up with the Rose Bowl being the ultimate prize after beating Michigan...so I won't be let down when we win out and come up roses. The BCS era has robbed me of seeing my team in the Rose Bowl too many times. I don't want to see it do it again in its last year. A loss to Alabama and more SEC shaming is not how I want to see our season end anyway.

Baylor may pick up Oregon's votes since I'd assume those putting Oregon very high like seeing points scored. Although it's not like OSU doesn't score points. There's no way a team that lost to Utah will jump undefeated OSU. Maybe in the computer polls but not in either of the human polls. Stanford was even behind Baylor in both human polls going into last night's game. They're not jumping either team.

Will be interesting to see where Oregon's votes go in Sunday's polls.