College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

Ehh... Mizzou got their win but will fall flat on their faces now with their QB going down late in the game for the rest of the season. Their ranking doesn't matter to me.

Clemson or FSU goes down this week and whoever wins will be ahead of OSU. Think you have to pull for Clemson then hope they pull a Clemson later on in the season.

Then in the Pac 12 UCLA plays @ Stanford and @ Oregon the next two weeks. Need them to lose @ Stanford then take down Oregon. Oregon looked pretty ho hum to me against Washington yesterday. I don't think their offense is diverse enough. Lots of the same stuff that Washington just isn't quite ready to defend consistently. UCLA's defense is a little more balanced so I think they will give Oregon a tougher test.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missouri fans think they will be fine because Maty Mauk from Kenton will be their starter. Not knowing that every QB from Kenton puts up massive numbers. Both Mauk brothers were just 4 year starters.

I couldn't believe it when he landed at a BCS program.

Their dad is the HC right? And they run it up like crazy on everyone. Have a friend who grew up in a town near Kenton and they all hate the Mauk's.

Yep, Mike Mauk.

I remember when Ben was playing at Kenton, they ran 5 wide sets. In highschool it's almost impossible to find 5 DB's who can cover.

The SEC has an all time record of 8 teams in the top 25, just read that today. Also the first Harris poll came out and has OSU 4th about 90 points behind Clemson.

I think I am pulling for FSU to beat Clemson honestly. Florida State still has to play Miami and Florida. I think they lose to one of those 2 if not both.

His father and his HS coach wanting him to go to PSU helped as well but yeah, being in Happy Valley for that game likely sealed the deal. Deciding by Saturday.

Good news is that nevada put out a ==== on Mavety today. He hasn't had one in a while so hopefully he's right. Need OL and a JUCO guy to step right in next season is great.

I think I am pulling for FSU to beat Clemson honestly. Florida State still has to play Miami and Florida. I think they lose to one of those 2 if not both.

Don't know a ton about Miami other than they're undefeated. Florida's D is fantastic so that's definitely a possibility. Florida's offense on the other hand is... :no:

I don't really see what the big deal with getting a TE in this class is anyways. I mean Urban has been on record saying that we have 2 stud TE's right now and we hardly use them. If I was a top TE recruit OSU wouldn't be on my list, ND would be however. Seems every year they put a kid into the NFL from that position.

If you're an OSU fan you should definitely be rooting for Florida State this weekend. If Clemson wins that 90 point gap is going to turn into 500+. Then we have to count on South Carolina beating Clemson at the end of this year, which is also likely.

If Florida State wins, they may not jump Ohio State (I think the gap there is fairly large..I'd have to recheck though).

Should be an awesome games. There have been some pretty awesome games the last couple weeks. Love CFG season.

No idea what poll you're referencing where Clemson has a 90 point gap and the potential to increase it to 500+.

Also I forgot Gesicki was here for the Wisconsin game. Thought it was an open and shut case for PSU since he visited there and wasn't going to visit here. I think there's definitely still a chance for OSU. Tweeted about having a nice conversation with Urban last night then this morning he wakes up to some idiot having written "WE ARE" and "PENN STATE" on his car so he tweets saying to just let him make his decision. Go PSU fans! Make him hate you!

I don't get what you don't understand.

Currently, Clemson maintains anywhere between a 20-100 point gap on Ohio State (Clemson 3, Ohio State 4) depending on the relevant polls.

If we beat Iowa this week, and they beat FSU, that gap is going to increase to the point where it will be difficult to jump them unless they barely beat every team going forward and we pound every team going forward.

Ohio State is getting jumped this week by the winner of Clemson/FSU.

If it's a blow out, then the pollsters will clamor: "OMG HOLY FUCK SEE HOW GOOD THEY ARE THEY JUST DESTROYED THEM!"

Even worse, if it's a close game, the pollsters will clamor: "INSTANT FUCKING CLASSIC RIGHT THERE, TWO POWERHOUSE TEAMS GOING AT IT. THE WINNER IS SOOOOOO GOOD TO BEAT THAT OTHER REALLY GREAT TEAM IN THIS ULTRA CLOSE GAME!"

Ohio State can help its cause by putting a beat down on everyone they play. However, if you're squeaking by teams, then you deserve to get passed by.

I don't get what you don't understand.

What I didn't understand was there is no poll with the numbers you mentioned being accurate or, with regards to the 500+ number, possible.

In the polls that matter OSU is 75 points behind and 41 points ahead.

The 500 number is ridiculous because Alabama and Oregon are 139 or fewer points ahead in the coaches' poll and 309 or fewer points ahead in the Harris.

I understand perfectly that a Clemson win would likely result in them jumping or pulling ahead but the numbers made no sense.

Was just looking up some things on Iowa. Iowa is 4-2 with a top 10 defense. They have allowed 0 rushing TD's this season. #12 scoring defense. But they are #63 in total offense

Absolutely potential upset.

Hell, the one game they lost the first week was only by a few points...I can't remember who it was (and I don't want to guess because Bicranium will say how unrealistic my guess was) but I believe the team is ranked now. Maybe Norther Illinois?

I hope that if my answer is wrong it doesn't drastically change your stats or life decisions.

I honestly think every team left on the schedule has the potential to upset Ohio State (maybe not Illinois). Iowa as LJ pointed out has a pretty decent defense, Indiana is bombs away and that scares me considering how awful our secondary has been, PSU is pretty good, Purdue is always a tough game and Michigan is still a rival

I honestly think every team left on the schedule has the potential to upset Ohio State (maybe not Illinois). Iowa as LJ pointed out has a pretty decent defense, Indiana is bombs away and that scares me considering how awful our secondary has been, PSU is pretty good, Purdue is always a tough game and Michigan is still a rival

Purdue is BAD...

Definitely agree that it is far from the free ride so many are making it out to be. And if any team is a free ride, despite recent history, it will be Purdue. Illinois still has a pulse. Purdue's lone win is a 6-point victory against Indiana St. They played ND tough but every other game has been a blowout. Hopefully Hazell can turn that around.