This is why you do your own work

Jewtoys

How did you pay? If you paid with a credit card then you can tell them you will do a chargeback and it will hit them directly as it was not done correctly and not willing to work on a refund.

I was going out of town so I happened to have cash on me :fuuuu:

What a damn hassle. I'm irritated as shit and it's not even my truck.

I've never had such a terrible experience with a shop. It took almost three hours to get the tow truck that they setup and were going to pay for. I was told everything was good to go and I should see them in under a hour, I called back in 1.5 hours and was given the tow companies contact info to call myself! They never even called. It's one thing after another with this place

Any local new stations that do the "on your side" type of stories? Its amazing how quick a company's tune will change when they get put on blast in the media...

Ha ha, I'm not sure? I don't watch TV

Hopefully they call back today and want to be reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to update this

Goodyear actually did the right thing, they have the district manager call me. He setup a time for a different shop to check out my truck and then replace the control arm for the third time..... That went well and they issued me a full refund for the other work they did as well.

I forgot to update this

Goodyear actually did the right thing, they have the district manager call me. He setup a time for a different shop to check out my truck and then replace the control arm for the third time..... That went well and they issued me a full refund for the other work they did as well.

Good follow up, it's always good to recognize a company that does the right thing. Also important that Goodyear recognized the issue and did the work elsewhere.

Glad things got fixed for you. Reminds me of the time I was in SC and my rear diff mount needed to be tightened. Only dealer with German cars was a Porsche dealer that had a sign for an Audi dealer coming soon. Half and hour after a tech says I have to drop the transmission to get to a bolt I said "wait what." I walked back there showed him what to do and walked away. He was in shock I was about to show him how to do it the right way. Had the car back around in 30 mins and tech said this ones on the house. I was in shock and tossed the service guy and tech 20 each and said thanks.

For reference, calling corporate and giving a reasonable complaint is a great way to rock the boat at a local level and get things done. The Regional and higher managers live in a dream world of how things run and they don't like hearing complaints and will almost always make sure your taken care of.

Wife and I have had lots of experience on this over the years and have always found it to be true.

Professionally, part of my job is disaster recovery such as this and in most cases I can come in to find a customer who feels completely wronged and can turn the situation into a position one reflecting why you keep your money with our reputable dealership (office equipment not cars, but same principles apply.)