This is why you do your own work

Jewtoys

A little under a month ago I was heading out of town and was taking my truck, The brakes and a few suspension bits could have used replacing but I didn't have time to deal with it myself. Not that I wanted to anyways.. Tried getting it in at a GMC dealer but they had no slots available. Ended up bringing it to a Goodyear.... I get it back and notice it stops worse then it did when I brought the thing in with stock brakes that had near 120k on them. My truck has 19.5 inch wheels that they claimed were too big and they couldn't align the truck, took it across the street to Firestone after and a worker said he has worked at both places. Same machine and bits. Well this morning out of nowhere the truck feels like it's on ice, and I notice the steering wheel is way out of place. The control arm they replaced is completely out! had to rant! This is why you do your own work!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/24460608/407858154.jpg

wow that could of ended alot worse, keep us updated to their response.

Yeah seriously. As of how things are sounding I might be on the hook for the alignment, There's no way I will cave to paying a dime on this screw up.

Three hours later and they agreed to sending a tow truck. Assholes

I asked and they refused. I might try and call the corporate number

Oh for sure, I mean if it had a nut and it backed off how long was it loose and possibly damaging the spindle where the ball joint shaft rides at. At minimum id demand that spindle and ball joint be replaced and at least a refund since that could of been a bad crash!

Oh for sure, I mean if it had a nut and it backed off how long was it loose and possibly damaging the spindle where the ball joint shaft rides at. At minimum id demand that spindle and ball joint be replaced and at least a refund since that could of been a bad crash!

They just called and are replacing the whole control arm, but that's what I had replaced in the first place. I filed a complaint with corporate. See where that goes

No way in hell I'd let them repair that. Refund is the only acceptable answer

They claim a faulty ball joint. I just think it wasn't tightened all the way. I heard a noise on and off but haven't been driving the truck much at all and this was done under a month ago.

Like I said I spoke with the corperate office earlier and have yet to hear a response from them. The actual shop was sorta rude when I first spoke with them this AM, then he changed his tune after that call was made. I think I had like $1,500+ in a few suspension bits and front brake work. Doubt they will refund

Picking the truck up in a hour, can't wait to see if they did a alignment. When they did the work the first time they couldn't align the truck because it had 19inch wheels. AKA they didn't realize the center cap comes off..

A faulty balljoint my ass! Looks like the threads are there to me, and the ball didn't break out of the socket. Please post the shop specifically so others don't go there.

I'm in NC. It was at a Goodyear location, I would have went to the GMC dealer that works on commercial trucks but they couldn't squeeze me in.