College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

It all comes down to us getting demolished by the SEC in every prior bowl game. IF we get in this year we better win, or at least come within 7 (or less) points. If we get blown out by the SEC (or any team from the South) in yet another NC I don't see us going back for a very,very long time.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is why the whole bcs shit is annoying. I can't wait for the play off system for the NCG to take effect so all this butthurt can be settled on the field.

Unless your ranked 4-5. Then its the same story.

Yeah it's easy to say that until it happens. I do AGREE this 4 team playoff is better than what we have had. But it is only a bandaid in my opinion the system is far from perfect would much rather see a system where one team from each major conference plus a few wild cards thrown in there for an 8 team playoff.

EDIT:

AP/Coach's/Harris Poll's at least all got them right. Definitely helps.

Edited by jerrodh

I hope we hand it to Mich st hard. I think we are screwed early if we start the game trying to run Hyde up the middle. Their defense will he looking to shut Hyde down and watch for Braxton to make up for it. I kind of want to see them go back to the quick screens to start the game and spread the defense out a little right off the bat. I feel like we have stepped away from the pass and don't loom confident it it. Even though when Braxton gets in a groove he looks great.

I am scared as fuck of Florida st. I think we can play with them if we come with our best. This will be 2002 all over again if we get the chance. Not a person in the country other than a percentage of osu fans will believe that we can pull it off. I really hope Winston is a rapist

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10065480&src=desktop

Bigger gap than what I was expecting!

Herbie just called out the sport center cast for not crediting Ohio states win and discrediting their schedule compared to Florida st schedule. It was quickly brushed off with they don't dominate like Florida st.

I hope we hand it to Mich st hard. I think we are screwed early if we start the game trying to run Hyde up the middle. Their defense will he looking to shut Hyde down and watch for Braxton to make up for it. I kind of want to see them go back to the quick screens to start the game and spread the defense out a little right off the bat. I feel like we have stepped away from the pass and don't loom confident it it. Even though when Braxton gets in a groove he looks great.

I am scared as fuck of Florida st. I think we can play with them if we come with our best. This will be 2002 all over again if we get the chance. Not a person in the country other than a percentage of osu fans will believe that we can pull it off. I really hope Winston is a rapist

I really hope you're kidding...

Fucking Auburn athletic director, SEC doesn't "deserve" to be in the BCS game simply because they're SEC. So long as OSU holds off Michigan State next weekend we should be fine though, so that's good. Why are they only ranked #10 though with 1 loss?!

Was pretty funny watching the projections all day. Auburn at .92, OSU at .93. Then OSU at .94. Then the actual rankings come out, .95. OSU ahead of Auburn in both human polls as well as all but one computer. Can't see how beating MSU will change that. They just need to do that.

Also, College Gameday will be in Indy. Interesting since ESPN doesn't like the B1G and the game is on Fox but if you think about it it is the most important game of the day. FSU beating Duke is a given so they're in. OSU beats MSU and they're in. SEC title game is a matchup of top 5 teams but whoever wins has to hope OSU loses.

It all comes down to us getting demolished by the SEC in every prior bowl game. IF we get in this year we better win, or at least come within 7 (or less) points. If we get blown out by the SEC (or any team from the South) in yet another NC I don't see us going back for a very,very long time.

Really this is the nail on the head.

History sets precedents...

Undefeated is great for 23 games...We just have not played and SEC team during this run (a top sec team)...I like to hate on the cheaters in the south as much of the next guy but as ESPN puts it the "cold hard facts" are they are a better conference. The big ten is just average, when your third best team wisky gets beat at home by PSU...come on...

And while Jimmy beat the RazorBacks (which was vacated) OSU is 1-9 or something vs. SEC... Why would the media perceive OSU to be able to run with the south dogs? Yes they may have some bias, like NBC and ABC during election time...You can not simply tout about being under appreciated and the media having bias; yes the resume "looks" good, 23 game winning streak, , Heisman Candidate QB, top rated national offense, Top rated defense (which pains me to type), Urban Meyer, ect, But what is all boils down to is 2 of our BEST teams in the last decade got BLOWN OFF THE FIELD by two of the BEST teams in the SEC in the last ten years...We hold no candle and should hold no apologies.

I hate being the hater, but I will continue to be a pessimist until I can be proven wrong when it comes to facing SEC...Hell I think FSU is a better team then Bama and I like OSU against them more so just due to the stigma that surrounds this school against the SEC...

Oh and the fact our D-Line played awful against a BUSH league Michigan, and our secondary still loves playing 13 yard cushion, and we have one good linebacker...and over all our defense is not up to snuff.

But win and they are in... A shot at the belt is better then no shot I suppose.

Edited by Brandon

When asked who the best two teams in the country were, surprisingly Jesse Palmer said Florida State and Ohio State. I really do think SOME people are starting to respect the resilience it takes to go undefeated in a season, let alone two.

Umm when did he say this exactly? I was watching sportscenter last night and actually turned it cause he was saying the exact opposite lol. He stated that OSU has played NOBODY in 2 years, that the B10 was the worst AQ conference, he stated that Michigan State wasn't a top 10 team, noted how MSU lost to 4 loss Notre Dame. Gave credit to Auburn for beating Ole Miss, over looked the fact that they lost to LSU who is a 3 loss team. Basically he was spewing his normal bullshit, right along with the rest of the crew.

all we have to do is win, I copied this from Bleacher reports site:

Even before the latest BCS standings were released Sunday night, this burning question lit up Twitter and talk show phone lines alike: Will a one-loss SEC champion get past Ohio State in the final BCS standings without the Buckeyes losing in the Big Ten Championship Game?

The answer is no—not at least without some sort of "conspiracy."

The Buckeyes ascended to No. 2 in the BCS standings after Alabama's dramatic and epic fall in the Iron Bowl. They have a solid, but not commanding, lead on No. 3 Auburn in the two polls and a firmer advantage in the computers. With a win over Michigan State next Saturday, Ohio State will maintain their No. 2 ranking in the polls, and that alone will be good enough to send it to Pasadena for the BCS title game.

Since the BCS tweaked its formula for the last time in 2004, every team that's finished either first or second in the two polls has played in the BCS title game, no matter what their computer rankings were. In five of the last six seasons, a team played in the BCS title game despite finishing third in the computers.

Ohio State will be No. 2 in the polls, even with the most clumsy, uninspiring victory over Michigan State. No matter who wins the SEC Championship Game and how impressively, that team is not going to break precedent and leapfrog the Buckeyes in the polls. Again, since 2004, no unbeaten team ranked in the top two spots has ever been jumped by a one-loss team this late in the season.

Of course, should Ohio State (or much less likely, Florida State) lose, then the SEC champion will absolutely be in the BCS title game. In the extremely unlikely event that both OSU and FSU lose, then Alabama might re-enter the picture in a potential all-SEC BCS title game, as we contemplated previously.

also another note, I was randomly searching the AP top 25 polls from 2002 down and the SEC had maybe 1-2 teams in the top 10 but they're at the bottom of the top 10, then there's maybe 6-7 teams in the top 25 but at the end of the top 25 with the exception of the 96 season when Florida was NC's, it's funny how ESPN's media hype can change all that and everyone from the south seems to forget they're a shitty conference who thinks their the toughest.

in the past it was always a Big 12, Big East, ACC or B1G school in the top 5 rarely a SEC school they were the "WEAK" conference of that time, of course back then ESPN only had 1 channel and not enough pull in the media world, funny how people can forget