College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

i don't like playing Alabama in the Sugar. it's basically a fucking home game for them.

i DO want to play them, but in a perfect world it would be in the Fiesta Bowl, Neutral for both of us.

i think we will play Baylor in the Fiesta.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few more things cause I can't sleep:

MSU's qb just put up the most yards he has all season long (304). How many does Tahj Boyd put up against OSU?

Hyde only had 18 carries tonight, should have been nearly double that. Reminds me of the LSU game where we stopped running Beanie

Next years depth chart looks pathetic and really makes me nervous as a fan

I think next year is the year Michigan beats Ohio State (not jumping off ledge, simply saying they should be a better team than OSU)

Vonn Bell's mom or brother is crying on twitter about how OSU doesn't play their 5 star players. If Bell was worthy of playing he'd be playing...just ask Joey Bosa.

Im sure ill think of more shit

Next years depth chart looks pathetic and really makes me nervous as a fan

I think next year is the year Michigan beats Ohio State (not jumping off ledge, simply saying they should be a better team than OSU)

Vonn Bell's mom or brother is crying on twitter about how OSU doesn't play their 5 star players. If Bell was worthy of playing he'd be playing...just ask Joey Bosa.

I don't know, I think slowly the talent will be upgraded across the board with Meyer's classes. Assuming Braxton and Shazier are gone...

QB - JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Stephen Collier

RB - Ezekiel Elliott, Brionte Dunn, Warren Ball, Rod Smith, Dontre Wilson, Parris Campbell

WR - Devin Smith, Evan Spencer, Corey Smith, Michael Thomas, James Clark, Jeff Greene, Jalin Marshall, Curtis Samuel, Noah Brown

TE - Jeff Heuerman, Nick Vannett, Marcus Baugh

OT - Taylor Decker, Kyle Dodson, Darryl Baldwin, Kyle Trout

OC - Jacoby Boren

OG - Pat Elflein, Evan Lisle, Chase Farris, Billy Price, Jamarco Jones, Demetrious Knox

DE - Noah Spence, Joey Bosa, Steve Miller, Jamal Marcus, Tyquan Lewis, Jalyn Holmes

DT - Michael Bennett, Adolphus Washington, Joel Hale, Tommy Schutt, Michael Hill, Chris Carter, Tracy Sprinkle, Donovan Munger

OLB - Josh Perry, Trey Johnson, Darron Lee, Chris Worley, Kyle Berger, Dante Booker, Sam Hubbard

MLB - Curtis Grant, Cam Williams, Mike Mitchell

CB - Doran Grant, Eli Apple, Gareon Conley, Armani Reeves, Damon Webb

S - Christian Bryant (maybe), Vonn Bell, Tyvis Powell, Cam Burrows, Jayme Thompson, Devan Bogard, Ron Tanner

K - Kyle Clinton, Sean Nuernberger

P - Cam Johnston

LS - Bryce Haynes

Out of all those names I somehow think Urban will find a way to field a decent team...lol.

I don't know what Michigan loses but they have to come to Columbus.

And it's Vonn's brother. I can understand the frustration. I mean, none of us like watching Pitt Brown out there.

I think the most interesting thing this off-season is going to be coaching changes. Does Withers get the FAU job or does Fickell? Can Urban lure a big-time DC to Columbus in their absence? Does Herman still get a HC gig anywhere? He got tight at the end of last season and it looked iffy and he got tight again tonight. Can Urban keep Warinner here? With so many new faces on the OL a good OL coach is vital.

Edited by bicranium

I've been stewing over Ohio State not coming up big in big games. I can't really remember anything before the Coopera era, so that doesn't really count for me. So, basically the BCS era is what I'm thinking about.

The only game that comes to mind in which it was a big game - a bowl game, a big OOC game, or a big division game - in which Ohio State just beat the hell out of a team was the 2005 Fiesta Bowl when we handled Notre Dame. But even that wasnt really a blow out.

We beat Notre Dame twice in the 1990s. Neither was a blow out.

We beat Michigan twice in Cooper era. Neither was a blow out.

We won two bowl games that I can remember under Cooper - the Rose bowl against Arizona state (which was a thriller) and TAM in 1998 (after we choked against MSU!), which was a convincing win but not a blow out.

We got throttled by Florida state in 1997 sugar bowl.

We got beat in so many bowls under cooper era. Tennessee and South Carolina come to mind.

We got annihilated by Penn State in 1994. That was a matchup of ranked teams.

We lost to Texas at home in 2005. (Of course everyone lost to Texas that year.) we beat them in 2006, but not a blow out.

We got killed by Florida, LSU, and USC. Then USC beat us again at home.

We win 24 games in a row and none of them are either against a highly ranked opponent or what people consider a quality win.

Help me see something I'm missing here. Because this is depressing.

Beat up Oregon in the Rose Bowl

It was a good win, maybe a convincing win to Buckeye Nation, but no one on a national level saw it as a beat down of, say, USC>Oklahoma or Miami>Nebraska proportions. That game was still in doubt in the fourth quarter.

It was a good win, maybe a convincing win to Buckeye Nation, but no one on a national level saw it as a beat down of, say, USC>Oklahoma or Miami>Nebraska proportions. That game was still in doubt in the fourth quarter.

It wasn't a blow out, but it was definitely a convincing win on the national level. The defense shut down Oregon's offense and a young Pryor played a hell of a game

It wasn't a blow out, but it was definitely a convincing win on the national level. The defense shut down Oregon's offense and a young Pryor played a hell of a game

I will agree completely if you agree it wasn't a beat down of USC or Florida proportions.

My point is that, even when we have won convincingly, it hasn't really been all that convincing, relative to other teams' convincing wins in similar situations over the years. Maybe I'm just being emo at this point.

Should have been running Hyde up the gut on the third/fourth down plays. Total mistake by off coordinator. We didn't deserve to win that one. Sucks, but I'm sick of going to the nc game and getting blown out--and that is exactly what would have happened

I have a bit of PTSD right now, so I'll probably avoid media outlets for a few days as it pertains to Ohio State. So, please someone let me know if Urban or Herman explains why the fuck we just decided to abandon Carlos Hyde when he was running for over 6 yards per carry.

We look like we were playing scared. That's pathetic, really.

And, again, where the fuck was Dontre Wilson?

One thing about being a UC fan... When we have a disappointing loss in a big game, I don't have to hear the media talk trash and make it worse, because they rarely care.... Except for the 2009 Sugar Bowl.... That was sad...

Sorry guys... OSU still had a great season, there is a lot of talent upcoming; and in the future you only have to be as high as #4 for a shot at the title.

So, please someone let me know if Urban or Herman explains why the fuck we just decided to abandon Carlos Hyde when he was running for over 6 yards per carry.

This.

He carried the team all year, then you don't even give him the ball.

Play calling was awful.

Should have been running Hyde up the gut on the third/fourth down plays. Total mistake by off coordinator. We didn't deserve to win that one. Sucks, but I'm sick of going to the nc game and getting blown out--and that is exactly what would have happened

I hate to say this, but I completely agree.

Man I am incredibly disappointed but we can't forget about the great season we had. I agree the play call was absolutely ridiculous. We were in the hole 17 pts. Got back u, took the lead. We had the lead in the 4th quarter and lost it. There were pretty severe breaks in the defense.

Like many said on here I am almost happy it happened here and not at the NC. I don't know how much our program can handle getting schooled in the NC again. We already have a stigma of choking. If we choke again it is bad for us and the conference. I really hope at least MSU and OSU can do work on the bowl games vs ranked respectable teams.

I did end up going to the game with my sis-in-law which is an MSU fan. Even though we lost I did have a good time. I ended up on the MSU side, the fans were really nice, no one exceedingly rowdy. We ended up scoring club tickets 20 rows up from the field 5 mins after kickoff at the 30ish yard line. The atmosphere was incredible. Also when we were doing O-H-I-O, being I was on the MSU side I really do think I might have been one of 3 people standing up giving the 'H'. I have no voice today. MSU well deserved.

I know this pic isn't great, the guy taking it couldn't stand still.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/Miscelaneous/GoproBIGStadimedited.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/Miscelaneous/PanoramaLucasOil.jpg

Just read that after OSU took the lead Hyde only got 4 carries the rest of the game. Tom Herman apparently said in the post game presser that it was hard finiding formations that allowed them to get Hyde the ball. If that is true, he needs to leave right along with the defensive coaches.

I'm getting sick of the "Fire Fickell" folks that are now making up things. That he ran a shitty defense in 2011 (Heacock was still the coord and they weren't a bad defense) that he can't develop linebackers (he has developed multiple first round picks and many more draft picks)

Ugh

I've been stewing over Ohio State not coming up big in big games. I can't really remember anything before the Coopera era, so that doesn't really count for me. So, basically the BCS era is what I'm thinking about.

The only game that comes to mind in which it was a big game - a bowl game, a big OOC game, or a big division game - in which Ohio State just beat the hell out of a team was the 2005 Fiesta Bowl when we handled Notre Dame. But even that wasnt really a blow out.

We beat Notre Dame twice in the 1990s. Neither was a blow out.

We beat Michigan twice in Cooper era. Neither was a blow out.

We won two bowl games that I can remember under Cooper - the Rose bowl against Arizona state (which was a thriller) and TAM in 1998 (after we choked against MSU!), which was a convincing win but not a blow out.

We got throttled by Florida state in 1997 sugar bowl.

We got beat in so many bowls under cooper era. Tennessee and South Carolina come to mind.

We got annihilated by Penn State in 1994. That was a matchup of ranked teams.

We lost to Texas at home in 2005. (Of course everyone lost to Texas that year.) we beat them in 2006, but not a blow out.

We got killed by Florida, LSU, and USC. Then USC beat us again at home.

We win 24 games in a row and none of them are either against a highly ranked opponent or what people consider a quality win.

Help me see something I'm missing here. Because this is depressing.

may not be convincing wins BUT they're still wins

I'm getting sick of the "Fire Fickell" folks that are now making up things. That he ran a shitty defense in 2011 (Heacock was still the coord and they weren't a bad defense) that he can't develop linebackers (he has developed multiple first round picks and many more draft picks)

Ugh

Fickell, Withers, and Combs need the boot. I like Combs enthusiasm, but he does not improve college talent and needs to go back to high school coaching. Last 2 years has been the same story on Defense with no improvement. LB's outside of Shazier are lost puppies. Average QB's continue to put up career numbers and torch the secondary. over 1,000 yards the last 2 games given up. Way too frustrating going from a dominate defense and a average/slighty above offense to ugly defense and good offense.

Fickell, Withers, and Combs need the boot. I like Combs enthusiasm, but he does not improve college talent and needs to go back to high school coaching. Last 2 years has been the same story on Defense with no improvement. LB's outside of Shazier are lost puppies. Average QB's continue to put up career numbers and torch the secondary. over 1,000 yards the last 2 games given up. Way too frustrating going from a dominate defense and a average/slighty above offense to ugly defense and good offense.

Coombs coaches special teams which have been fantastic and CB's which have been far from the issue. Reeves has been iffy but his starters, Roby and Grant, have been more than adequate. The issue in the secondary has been the safeties. Losing Bryant hurts but Barnett and Brown have been around forever and got completely lost in coverage so many times this season. That's on Withers.

Coombs' units are fine and his recruiting is fantastic. He's got a lot of options at CB next year and he only has to replace one.