Post your AMMO deals you find

nurkvinny

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anywhere that won't rape me on .380 prices or shipping? Checked Cabelas a week or so ago, none on the shelf

Cabela's had a small amount yesterday when I was there but it was $19 a box and that was a sale price. NASR always has it in stock at $25 a box. Only place i've seen with decent prices is Freedom Munitions. I haven't bought 380 from that company but the .223 and 5.56 ran fine in my rifle.

If you figure it out something better PM me please. I always need 380.

Is there anywhere that won't rape me on .380 prices or shipping? Checked Cabelas a week or so ago, none on the shelf

New, not reloads:

Add something smaller to get over $199 and this ships free.

http://www.freedommunitions.com/380-Auto-100-gr-RNFP-New-p/fm380r100n-b0500.htm

$15.50 / box + no tax.

• 3 weeks later...
What gun?

M11, literally runs like a sewing machine on some ammo... And, won't even feed the 2nd round on other ammo (gun is open bolt). But mainly, usually nose-dives between the barrel and the feedramp if the first shot is from ammo that's not "hot" enough (which cannot push the bolt back far enough). The aftermarket upper's bolt weighs about 4x the stock upper's bolt.

WWB = perfect

Speer = perfect

PMC won't feed

Remington green box won't feed

Remington UMC won't feed

Herters won't feed

American Eagle won't feed

M11, literally runs like a sewing machine on some ammo... And, won't even feed the 2nd round on other ammo (gun is open bolt). But mainly, usually nose-dives between the barrel and the feedramp if the first shot is from ammo that's not "hot" enough (which cannot push the bolt back far enough). The aftermarket upper's bolt weighs about 4x the stock upper's bolt.

WWB = perfect

Speer = perfect

PMC won't feed

Remington UMC won't feed

Herters won't feed

You need some of the NATO spec Winchester OR the IMI. I've used the NATO Winchester in an MP5K and it's flawless.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/50-round-box-9mm-nato-124-grain-fmj-winchester-mil-spec-ammo-q4318

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001634

You need some of the NATO spec Winchester OR the IMI. I've used the NATO Winchester in an MP5K and it's flawless.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/50-round-box-9mm-nato-124-grain-fmj-winchester-mil-spec-ammo-q4318

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001634

Well, the Winchester white box I mentioned seems to run nice because (as I'm told) it runs a little hotter. Is that NATO 9mm virtually the same thing? I'll never understand rifles that don't use a gas system, ugh....

As a result of some minor tweaking, the m11 does run perfectly now though... Where others still have issues with the aftermarket uppers.

The NATO spec is hotter than the "white box" that you find at Walmart, etc. The typical Winchester white box ammo is NOT hot ammo at all. It was fairly inconsistent and towards the low end of the 9mm ammo that I chronographed. The Magtech ammo was a little hotter and more consistent. Wolf ammo was hotter than both, but not as consistent.

The NATO spec Winchester ammo is a bit hotter AND most importantly, it has arsenal primers designed for sub-guns. The commercial stuff is a bit risky in some military style firearms due to the 'softer' (more sensitive) primers.

WWB = perfect

Speer = perfect

PMC won't feed

Remington UMC won't feed

Herters won't feed

You need to get your self some subgun ammo. You should have bought some of those Sumbro 9mm ammo. It probably will run that m11 just fine. And it was pretty cheap.

The NATO spec is hotter than the "white box" that you find at Walmart, etc. The typical Winchester white box ammo is NOT hot ammo at all. It was fairly inconsistent and towards the low end of the 9mm ammo that I chronographed. The Magtech ammo was a little hotter and more consistent. Wolf ammo was hotter than both, but not as consistent.

The NATO spec Winchester ammo is a bit hotter AND most importantly, it has arsenal primers designed for sub-guns. The commercial stuff is a bit risky in some military style firearms due to the 'softer' (more sensitive) primers.

I have heard (literally) dozens of people tell me that WWB is hotter than stuff like PMC, Herters, and remington. I'm not saying it's +p. But it does cycle the gun while the other Amos I noted, did not cycle the gun...

I have heard (literally) dozens of people tell me that WWB is hotter than stuff like PMC, Herters, and remington. I'm not saying it's +p. But it does cycle the gun while the other Amos I noted, did not cycle the gun...

It might be. I didn't chronograph any of those. I'll see if I can find the numbers. It's been a while and I can't remember what the velocities were.

* Useless information dump below:

That non-cycling PMC may still be hotter (higher FPS).

It's all counter-intuitive; A fast powder and heavier projectile produce less felt recoil than a slow powder and light projectile - but a fast powder imparts the whole force needed to unlock the barrel and run the slide back over the hammer at the beginning of the discharge, which is the hard part.

* Useless information dump below:

That non-cycling PMC may still be hotter (higher FPS).

It's all counter-intuitive; A fast powder and heavier projectile produce less felt recoil than a slow powder and light projectile - but a fast powder imparts the whole force needed to unlock the barrel and run the slide back over the hammer at the beginning of the discharge, which is the hard part.

All im saying is that the PMC doesn't "allow" the bolt to go far enough back to ram the next round into the chamber. it nose-dives between the feedramp and the barrel EVERY TIME.

• Casper unpinned this topic