How many of you are into cars?

DTM Brian

I've had a bunch of fun cars, mostly mustangs, but other misc ones here/there over the years. Quite a few german cars as well, but they were all mostly low and slow, nothing fast. Nothing as of now, house is more important, but I have a 5 year plan.

In 5 years, I'm either gonna pick up a clean c5 z06 (or c6 depending on prices) for a 2nd car, or a CTS-V/G8-GT for a daily/fun car. Depends on if I want to have two cars or not. But it most likely will be something lsx based.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my current car looks like this:

picture.php?albumid=162&pictureid=1746

2005 Infiniti G35 coupe

it's getting on in it's years (put 75K miles on it since 2005 when it was still new) so I might have to put it down sometime in the upcoming year.

Edited by jbot

• 9 months later...

In high school, I had a72 Olds cutlass Supreme. Later on I owned a 1951 Mercury with a V8 Flathead. My wife said I loved the car more then her. After years of that, I sold it. Then got a 1950 Dodge 4 door. My wife started nagging again. Sold it and bought my Shadow. It stays. Machines dont nag. And when you treat them right they take you where ever you want to go.

I used to really be into cars....mainly F-bodies(till i discovered bikes), I have about 5 good friends that have them,....had a 99 z28 up till about 2 months ago, got sick of paying $3500 a year insurance and not being able to drive it in the winter. Currently saving my money for a 05 cts-v (LS6 6speed manual) the insurance on those are way less because its a 4 door :lol: and they are faster than my z was :D It will be atleast a year before I maybe get one though :/

the z:

DSC02927-1.jpg

Well my dream came true last august..... I was able to find a cts-v, and the 4 door insurance is dirt cheap vs the z28...hopefully my next ride will be a 09 v in about 4 years down the road.......Or else a newer crew cab duramax thats all modded out. I've picked up way more chicks in the truck than the car.

P9270389.jpg

here is my current car toy that hopefully will be gone in 2 weeks or less for an F-body

2227865510059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

2816530860059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

And this is my old IROC which I miss and the reason I need to get back to a F-body

2821628570059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

I have always had muscle and drag cars up till about 5 years ago when life got in the way. I started back in high school with my street/strip 440 Challenger. What I would give to have that car back. After a series of Mopars I built a couple of SC late model mustangs. After the my Mustang craze I gave Buicks a shot with a 87 T-Type with all the bolt ons. That Buick should have been a keeper. My son and i still try to hit Norwalk on a regular basis as well as Woodward and some of the local cruises. Hopefully once this economy comes around we can build a new street piece.

scan0018.jpg

scan0020.jpg

scan0023.jpg

I need to get the pictures of my Dads 65 GTO. We are currently in the process of restoring it from the ground up, its been crazy. He has had it since '77 and was still in beautiful condition before we started the resto

My Trans Am all motor, 433hp/402tq at the wheels, had 3.73's in it should have had at least 4.10's was crossing the 1000' mark in 3rd gear.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=103866989625051

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=103867199625030

I still have a 91 Syclone, and a 75 'vette in progress of restoring too.

Edited by Dweezel

and here is how my Dads 65 GTO sits today. We just got the motor all in and buttoned up and started this weekend. What you see there was the culmination of 18months of restoring so far

2077301550059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

2516796130059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

2743917400059009174S600x600Q85.jpg

Used to be into cars, mostly Mustangs and other FoMoCo performance. I owned a 1993 GT Vert, 1995 GT, and a 2005 Mustang. Then kids happened...but I am thankful because getting "out" of cars made me open my eyes to motorcycles.

I still read the car mags and watch Top Gear. My father had his share of nice cars, Chevelles, GTO's and Chargers. Then sometime in the 70's as the family grew, dad bought a 1974 Ford County Squire station wagon. Dad did get to relive his past in 1989 and bought an IROC Camaro, which I took to my senior prom.

In high school (20 years ago) I had 2 1972 Cutlass Supreme's and 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix circle track race car. I raced in the "Detroit Iron" ( spectator class) at Lorain, Sandusky and Barberton speedway. My wife also raced, she had a 1970 Chevelle circle track car. We never got to race against each other.

My father in law was a long time raceer too. There was a time when there was 7 Chevelles in his driveway. If I could go back in time and save some of those Chevelle we converted into race cars, I would be very happy.

I am currently helping my dad look for a 1955 or 56 Chevy.

A few times a year I'll go to the weekly car show in Solon just to see what is out there, trend wise.

I do like the "rat rod" style of cars and the pin-up/rockabilly scene.

I have a 1980 corvette that is a show car and my new project is a 94 mustang that should keep me busy this summer. But there has to be time to ride the bike. I do hope to get the corvette out to a few shows this year because if I don't then she is off to the Barrett Jackson sale.

A few times a year I'll go to the weekly car show in Solon just to see what is out there, trend wise.

I do like the "rat rod" style of cars and the pin-up/rockabilly scene.

I'll have to let you know when I head up there this year. Once we get my Dad's GTO done and I pickup this Camaro we are going to start heading up there

I have an '87 GN. But I come from a car family...

The prize piece of my ol' mans stable is a '72 Stingray convertible 454, but he has another 'vette ('80) and a '96 Impala SS. He had to sell the '85 vette and '65 Impala SS convertible to pay for college for us.

Then there are 5 drag cars that are in various states of build. Currently running are my dads S/ST Monza and my brothers S/ST Camaro, the dragster needs some shakedown time, there is another Camaro roller that is planned to get a Buick V6 Nascar engine to run S/Stk and they just bought a wrecked chrome-moly Beretta that they'll be fixing.

Is that 72 Vette stock? I believe thats the last year for the dual chrome bumpers.