What got you hooked on two wheels?

Captain_Panic1647545539

Back in 2007 I had a good friend with a 1981 Suzuki 440ltd that was in decent shape. I helped him get it running after a few years of sitting, and asked him if I could take it around the yard. I felt how easy it was to control so I took it up the street and back. I had absolutely loved it. He had offered it to me for about $500 back then and I should have jumped on it. He passed away a little over a year later when he was ejected from his car, through his windshield, and landed face first in a tree. His father kept his bike since that was something they did together when he was of age to ride.

I had really started to miss him in 2011, so I decided to get a bike. And thus, I have my 82 xj650. I know he would have loved it.

And for the record, I always told him I was a better driver than him. (and yes, he would laugh at that)

The sights, the smells, the sounds. When the weather is nice I enjoy a more immersive motoring experience.

And bikes are shitfast for like no money. Also, track days are much cheaper to run. And parking is easier. And you can get through traffic jams. And...

I used to go out and look at my stepfathers mid 90's 700 cc Ninja in the garage in gleaming red. We always rode atv's and dirt bikes so I think it just came natural. When the Buell XB Lightning was introduced in 2004 I would go to Baileys H-D in Ft.Wayne and window shop. It wasn't until this last year I finally bought one. But I've been window shopping the Honda 1000rr for awhile too for that top speed fix. Don't know if I could actually sell the lightning, but it's for sale.

Well I'm a speed freak, love going fast. The first time Paul let me ride his YZF600 I really liked it, then I rode Chad's R1 and loved it. First and only time I have seen 180+ was on that R1. Had my own bike and got into some trouble last year (go figure :rolleyes:) wife and I agreed it was best for me not to have one, at least for a while. They are just so awesome with the power to weight, agility, and speed. I miss mine a lot.

Been living with bikes my entire life as father has always had atleast 3 project bikes being assembled simultaneously; to which has been his hobby since a kid as well. Naturally my first bike was a free cb750 four as long as I did all the work of the complete rebuild. The endorsement was also housed on my license at the fresh age of 16. Over the years I have upgraded to about 10 other bikes but its the freedom and economic values that keep me. Plus chicks always dig bikes

My parents absolutely forbidding me to have one while I still lived at home made me fascinated with them. When I was 16 I worked with a guy that raced GSXR1100's and he would take me for rides on it and I fell in love with the speed and handling the bike had. I bought my first bike (Seca 400) at 18 and kept it at my girlfriends house because I still lived with mom & dad. I've ridden many different motorcycles throughout the years but the one I miss most is the 82 Seca 650 turbo I bought in 1999. It was plenty fast for me and very comfortable to ride and it was a unique bike. I sold it because I got tired of all the idiots in cars that wouldn't pay attention and almost hit me on it. I figured I had my fun and I should get rid of it before I died on it. I would buy that bike back if I ever crossed its path again.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=882&pictureid=7558

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=882&pictureid=7560

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=882&pictureid=7559

I wanted my own transportation in the summer when i was 15 since a drivers license wasn't an option the next best thing was a motorcycle endorsement. Parents didn't want me to have one so being the rebel I was I talked my mom into letting me get it and I've been hooked ever since

I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. Always had a sweet spot for sport bikes because they are the cool, got my first learner bike (2010 Ninja 250R, special edition lime green, should you guys ever see it at a meet) last fall, looking to get a GSX-R 600 or ZX-6 this year. The bike I bought is stupid clean and I love the open air. Hocking Hills is super fun on a bike.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple years ago while visiting my uncle, he brought me outside and said "you're 25, I promised your mother I wouldn't show you how to ride until now. it's time to learn."

He plopped me on his BMW R1200C, had me go down the block and back and I was hooked. Bought my Triumph a few months later, the day I bought it was the 2nd time I'd ever ridden.

Almost sold it this year but decided to sink some more money into it. I can always bust my ass for a few more dollars, I only get one first bike.

First bike was a Ninja 250r... Then had two Triumph speed triples, then a R6.

Unsure of what to get this summer, But I want one of these as a spare!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=yamaha+ysr50&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XJxFU7nFHtO1sASzxoFQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1680&bih=906

Street legal mini bike. Hillarious

First bike was a Ninja 250r... Then had two Triumph speed triples, then a R6.

Unsure of what to get this summer, But I want one of these as a spare!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=yamaha+ysr50&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XJxFU7nFHtO1sASzxoFQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1680&bih=906

Street legal mini bike. Hillarious

You want another sport bike? I love my 1995 Trophy 1200, it's a sport/touring bike and it's fantastically light (530lbs). The new ones are a bit heavier but also quite a bit more bike. Definitely a bit easier to go on long rides if you're not just looking for performance.

You want another sport bike? I love my 1995 Trophy 1200, it's a sport/touring bike and it's fantastically light (530lbs). The new ones are a bit heavier but also quite a bit more bike. Definitely a bit easier to go on long rides if you're not just looking for performance.

530lbs isn't light!

Tend to agree, 530lbs is practically svelte compared some of my buddies cruisers. Of course both of my CBRs are right at 400 or less.

I rode dirt bikes growing up starting around age 8. As an adult did some occasional trailriding with family and friends. I've always wanted a street bike, but didn't get one till last year. Recently picked up my second, and I'm thoroughly hooked, and really enjoying it. Of course drivers still stress me the fuck out.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread or not, but my little baby Ninja 250 that got me initially hooked on 2 wheels last year got me hooked on this bad boy over the weekend:

http://i.imgur.com/ccP533hl.jpg

New-to-me 2008 GSX-R 600, had all of 2100 miles on it when I picked it up. While I'm glad I started with a 250 to learn, this thing is 10 times more of a bike and I freakin' love it. Bone stock at the moment, shorty levers on the way though. I won't be embarrassed to park next to the other bikes at Cars and Coffee now, lol.

Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread or not, but my little baby Ninja 250 that got me initially hooked on 2 wheels last year got me hooked on this bad boy over the weekend:

http://i.imgur.com/ccP533hl.jpg

New-to-me 2008 GSX-R 600, had all of 2100 miles on it when I picked it up. While I'm glad I started with a 250 to learn, this thing is 10 times more of a bike and I freakin' love it. Bone stock at the moment, shorty levers on the way though. I won't be embarrassed to park next to the other bikes at Cars and Coffee now, lol.

Love it with the white wheels