True Street Rules for track day

wagner

Scott's right, I'm dumb, and you can quote me on that.

I see what he is saying now about breaking out and he is correct for the most part. You don't want to have your average be quicker than the index.

I've got to many windows, e-mails, and IM's open...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closest avg et without being under you et class index. Since this isn't a true index race where a break out rule would mean you were done. You want to make sure your 3 passes avg ex- 10.00 or slower.

The closest wins.

Closest avg et without being under you et class index. Since this isn't a true index race where a break out rule would mean you were done. You want to make sure your 3 passes avg ex- 10.00 or slower.

The closest wins.

That is what I was thinking but am to stupid to say :)

You can run any E.T you want, but after the three passes are averaged, the closest to their Index Time wins their class.

Run a 9.50, 10.50, and 10.00. You'll still average a 10.00 after the three passes are combined and you'll win the 10.00 class.

So now that I have a better handle on the rules, I edited Wagner's post without telling him :eek2:

This will be a great event where all you're really trying to do is run on your index, a real driver's race anybody can win. Those of us working the event are not running in it to make it as fair as possible, so there are no excuses.

How well can you drive?

So now that I have a better handle on the rules, I edited Wagner's post without telling him :eek2:

This will be a great event where all you're really trying to do is run on your index, a real driver's race anybody can win. Those of us working the event are not running in it to make it as fair as possible, so there are no excuses.

How well can you drive?

Good job on that rules edit.

How long is this race and drive going to take? I'm interested in doing it, but if its going to take all day, I think I'd rather just make time runs.

Cruise should take about 25-30 mins. The 3 back to back passes will depend on how many cars are running. It should not take all day.

The cruise will be leaving the track at 11:30 am.

That might not be so bad. What time does the track take a lunch break? Maybe you should plan on getting back from the drive when their lunch is over, so you can go straight into the 3 runs.

That might not be so bad. What time does the track take a lunch break? Maybe you should plan on getting back from the drive when their lunch is over, so you can go straight into the 3 runs.

The track usually breaks for lunch around noon, that is why we are leaving at 11:30.

We will be back at around the time the track goes to lunch, the cars will have their cool down, drivers can eat, and at 1pm the back to back passes start.

Edited by Wagner

I'm looking forward to this. Hoping to get close to one of the .0hs :)

I assume that there will be no loading of my intercooler box as it's under the hood?

No

A strict CLOSED HOOD policy will be in effect until a competitor has completed his or her three back to back passes. No re-fueling allowed once car leaves on cruise. No laptops or bluetooth devices in or around vehicle, no adding, removing, or adjusting anything except tire pressure. Air tanks will not be allowed in the staging lanes, so adding air to tires is not allowed.

We will have a sign up sheet for True Street at check in where you get your tech card. You will need to put your name on that list, and index if you know what it will be.

***YOU MUST DECLAIR YOUR INDEX BEFORE WE LEAVE FOR THE CRUISE***

As we are doing final tech for the cruise it must be on the car by your car number. We will be writing the car number down and the index before people leave.

If you think your car is going to be on the edge of tech or have any questions come grab one of us to look at your car.

***THIS IS THE MOST IMPORANT PART****

Have fun :)

I've never heard of that before. I just know that the NMCA/NMRA/LSX True Street class is usually the biggest one at the event. The rules package seems to work overall.

I'm still on the fence about the exhaust thing, I have not really heard any reason why not to keep cars out for that. I don't think Drag Week limits that and they don't have any issues.

See IFO FIP class.

no one runs gear bangers. So for the 3 morons that do, at least they have a little bit of an adv. Obviously my car would never outrun an equal auto car. Ull also notice true street classes are always autos.

See IFO FIP class.

no one runs gear bangers. So for the 3 morons that do, at least they have a little bit of an adv. Obviously my car would never outrun an equal auto car. Ull also notice true street classes are always autos.

I don't see where IFO has a true street type class, so there is no way to really compare the rules.

I don't see where IFO has a true street type class, so there is no way to really compare the rules.

"street" is all a matter of opinion.

Mark Carlyles car may qualify for more "street" events than my car would.

And we all know id smoke mark's slow vette! lol

I would like to be in this event, but the ONLY thing I don't qualify for is the tire rule. Maybe I will bring my radials along, but im not sure how wild I am about that

"street" is all a matter of opinion.

Mark Carlyles car may qualify for more "street" events than my car would.

And we all know id smoke mark's slow vette! lol

I would like to be in this event, but the ONLY thing I don't qualify for is the tire rule. Maybe I will bring my radials along, but im not sure how wild I am about that

Mark still has tags and insurance on the vette, just can't meet the fueling end of things with that small of a cell :)

Its kind of hard to type out exactly what makes true street a real demo of what street cars are. Come grab me at the track day and I will be able to explain better in person.

Well if I grab an insurance card and leave my CCW's on with radials I would qualify. I would not have any issues meeting the fuel requirements as I have an 18 gallon tank and its not that horrible on gas when not in boost lol

bottom line is im using the rental as a test day for the IFO the following, so I want to get that setup dialed in.