College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this team looks like utter shit!

also, i have to vent this.

WHY IS THE HORSESHOE ONE OF THE 5 BIGGEST STADIUMS BUT IT'S NEVER CRAZY LOUD?

i am soo sick of this place never making a difference in games. i know a little bit has to do with the shape of the shoe itself. however, i truly believe that most of our fans at the stadium get discouraged and pout way to easily! GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR GAMES!

soo disappointed with this team/fans right now.

and yes, i know a lot of what i just said can also be applied to the post i am making right now. lol

Our stadium is lame. Quietest fans ever.

VT defense is good. Our offensive adjustments were the opposite of good.

I second whoever said 84 should be kicked off team. Turrible.

So many athletes, so little use of them.

We should place about 4th in our division.

B1G LOL

My thoughts

Urbans always only been as good as his coordinators. I thibk Tom Herman just doesnt have "it". He has crazy athletes at his disposal, but cant figure out what to do if someone shuts down his bread and butter.

I think the defense looked a bit better. Linebackers played better, Von Bell is going to be a star. The lack of a physical corner like Roby really showed itself tonight. I think the defense was also hampered in what they wanted to do with no Noah Spence. Him playing frees up a linebacker on passing downs.

Alright heres my take on this game haha. The o-line is HORRIBLE! I don't know what it looked like on tv, but in the stands you could see they (Va Tech) were on Barretts back damn near every snap. There is so many athletes at the running back position, yet they cant get any damn yards due to the line. The play calling his horrible, when something is not working the entire night, you should probably try other things. I have not been a fan of this offense the entire time Urban has been here. I think we were fortunate enough to have Hyde and Braxton with enough athleticism to cover up the systems flaws. If I was Devin Smith I would be pissed off, that dude is wide open damn near every time they send him down the field, yet he rarely gets thrown to (when he does its a big play). Every time he came off the field you could see him yelling at the sideline.

Va Tech fumbled the ball plain and simple, OSU recovered, the refs blew that call. What happens a couple plays later? Touchdown, so theres 7 points that shouldn't have happened. Then you have Doran Grant drop an INT in the endzone, couple plays later, another TD. Theres 14 points. Toss in the 2 missed fg's and OSU should've won this game, even after looking like shit.

Joey Bosa is the man! Although, it's weird how he kinda does his own thing during warmups and even comes out of the tunnel last at his own pace. Vonn Bell is a star in the making as LJ said and I was really surprised with Eli Apple. Special teams was less than special, we had a shanked punt, 2 missed field goals and the return teams get no blocking for Dontre.

There was 107,xxx people there last night (new record) and yet very few times did it actually feel like there was that many people.

Oh yeah fwiw, Urban is now 1-3 in his last 4 games

Lots of people on scout and eleven warriors questioning if Urban is as great of coach as they once though. Pointing out that in 3 years he has no marquee win and that he could easily be 1-4 in his last 5, if not for Michigan failing at the 2 point conversion. Many are questioning how much longer he will be here and if we got the Urban that came into Florida or the one who left Florida.

Also posters are questioning his recruiting, if you follow recruiting you will see that many top WR's and OL are choosing to go elsewhere, even in state kids (2016 5 star OL Tommy Kramer is going to choose ND most likely). You have Damien Harris, the nations #1 back who is most likely going to pick Kentucky over OSU. I understand that is his home school, but if Urban is the great recruiter that everyone likes to think he is, this shouldn't even be a competition. The one area Urban has excelled in recruiting in my opinion is on defense, other than that he hasn't excelled at WR, QB or OL (running back has been ok).