What is your EDC?

Radio Flyer1647545514

Looking to get a different carry gun. I started with a Kahr CW9 and sold it to get a Kahr K9. Now that I have the K9 I want something smaller.

Must Haves

DAO

9mm

NO Safety

I've been looking at the Sig 290 RS and it's at the front of the line with a Kahr PM9 if I can find one at a good price.

I haven't liked any Glock I've ever shot but I'm going to go handle one again before I rule it out.

What other options do you guys like?

Sig p238 pocket carry. I won't trust any other .380 for carry. Minus the front sight on mine following off on my first use it is a great gun. Sig repaired my sight for free and still honored my mail in rebate even though it was late. They are a great company.

Sometimes I carry a glock 26 IWB but I am still on the fence if I really "need" 9MM...

...I want something smaller.

I haven't liked any Glock I've ever shot but I'm going to go handle one again before I rule it out.

Contradiction.

9mm with what you're wanting is def gonna limit you. KelTec would come to most peoples minds quickly, but you ruled that out too.

Maybe an LC9?

Best carry setup FOR ME is G19, G17 mag backup, and usually two folders.

In the past I carried G42, Raven Concealment holster, twin mag back up, folders.

And LCP380 in Pocket Galco, backup mag in pocket, folders.

Go try all the guns before making a decision. These posts pop up and its a pissing match over what gun people think is the best because that posters so called experience. Try everything, pick something, and practice with it till you become great with carrying and shooting it.

Best carry setup FOR ME is G19, G17 mag backup, and usually two folders.

In the past I carried G42, Raven Concealment holster, twin mag back up, folders.

And LCP380 in Pocket Galco, backup mag in pocket, folders.

Go try all the guns before making a decision. These posts pop up and its a pissing match over what gun people think is the best because that posters so called experience. Try everything, pick something, and practice with it till you become great with carrying and shooting it.

I agree with this statement. I see these types of threads on all kinds of car sites and it turns into the same pissing match.

My personal experience with buying was going out shooting a bunch of stuff that people told me about, then buying the one I liked best.

OMG all these people who carry guns daily, they must be so insecure. /s

kel-tec pf9

Hornady CD

Foxx IWB

3" tac-force assisted blade

Never had any issues out of my pf9. I think its only jammed once and i blame that on shitty steel tul ammo from walmart.

I don't understand why these threads need to turn into pissing matches. Normally a thread like this is asking for advice on an economic gun. I could see threads talking about really expensive guns turning that way...

As an offer to the OP. Shoot my P2000SK with LEM trigger. You might like it.

I will gladly meet you at a range with that (and other guns, so we can have some fun).

The LEM is kinda cool because its a "light DAO" (best way I can describe).

let me know.

I agree with this statement. I see these types of threads on all kinds of car sites and it turns into the same pissing match.

My personal experience with buying was going out shooting a bunch of stuff that people told me about, then buying the one I liked best.

I have gotten away from posting in these threads. There are too many variables that are all individual. Are you fat, skinny, wear baggy clothes, big hands, midget hands, what time of year and weather? Combined those with where you are going, what you are carrying and what is your fall back.

For this tread, there are posts from people with good knowledge, including the OP. Capacity and your ability to be effective with your tool of choice, coupled with can you conceal it and be functional.

OMG all these people who carry guns daily, they must be so insecure. /s

kel-tec pf9

Hornady CD

Foxx IWB

3" tac-force assisted blade

Never had any issues out of my pf9. I think its only jammed once and i blame that on shitty steel tul ammo from walmart.

Oh we are doing a pocket dump thread? That is what I figured before I opened this but OP only asked about guns. My EDC includes more than just a pistol.

I think an important issue specifically regarding "carry" threads is that regardless of how you feel about a particular firearm, handling it, or even shooting it, isn't the same as having that chunk of metal/polymer on your person all the time, in different positions or places easily accessible. So hearing personal anecdotes helps whittle down the list, since its not always practical to borrow a bunch of different firearms for a few days.

For instance I love the G19, but don't care for how it conceals. On me, it leaves a noticeable print in almost all of my normal positions (jeans and a T-shirt, no jacket) and would obviously serve poorly for pocket carry. At the same time I absolutely hate shooting my LCP, but carry it almost as much as the P938, and if I'm wearing business or even business casual it's the only real choice I have. While the Sig is pocketable I find it a bit too heavy for slacks, and while I adore my N82 Tactical holster, the visible clip is still a no-no for me.

So I suppose I'm saying don't limit your choices to a strict list, or a single EDC. Carry what you can, on a need by need basis, and don't overthink the small details, we're already in the realm of the vastly improbable.

Im only looking to hear options of guns I may have over looked. This isn't my first carry piece, I just haven't looked into carry guns for a while and am curious if anything new is out since I last looked.

I love my k9 until i have to carry it all day in the summer.

Im going to look at the cm9, p290rs, a pm9 and g17. Im hoping to get past my dislike of glocks.

DAO eliminates all striker fired guns fyi

Not quite. Glocks are technically still DAO, though not in the traditional sense. When you rack the slide on a Glock, it is in essence only 'half-cocked'. When you pull the trigger, the striker spring moves rearward (one action), the safety's drop, and then the striker drops (second action).

Again, I say it is not traditional in the sense that if you have a miss-fire, there is no second-strike capabilities.

Most other striker fired guns simply drop the striker when the trigger is pulled (single action).

Cliffs: Glocks are weird. Semantics and all that.