Whats everyone using for cloud storage

Tractor

Uploading all of my current files would take forever. I'm building my own "Cloud" storage system. 2x4TB hard drives in an external enclosure connected to an android tv box server setup! I will be able to backup specified folders, sync files from my phone, and stream my HD movies. Should work out well for what I am going to use it for.

Using crash plan 3 here. you can get it down to about 3.29 per month if you do four years with their current 20% off offer. Unlimited storage. Decent 2.5mb upload speed and constantly updating. Will take awhile to upload everything initially but will be easy once its all up. Also great security encryption.

http://www.code42.com/crashplan/

I use several but also have my own. I love and use the hell out of my WD Cloud set up. 16TB system set up for RAID and I can easily allow or block sharing.

I also have 100GB of Google storage

One drive by Microsoft too.

I'm goofy and use the above two for different things.

Using crash plan 3 here. you can get it down to about 3.29 per month if you do four years with their current 20% off offer. Unlimited storage. Decent 2.5mb upload speed and constantly updating. Will take awhile to upload everything initially but will be easy once its all up. Also great security encryption.

http://www.code42.com/crashplan/

I may do this. All the photog groups I belong to are very happy with crash plan

I need three terra bytes to start also.

Cloud storage for 3tb isnt going to be cheap or effecient.... Something local to your home network is going to be your best bet.

I use a backup drive hooked up to my network....cloud storage is nice to access from anywhere but most higher end NAS's have that as well so meh.

You dont even need a nigher end NAS to do it. You can do it with something like THIS. Drop a few 1.5 TB drives in it, open up some ports on your firewall and you now have "Cloud" storage anywhere. The advantage being transfer speeds while at home will be significantly faster than anything you would get out of a paid service.

Cloud storage for 3tb isnt going to be cheap or effecient.... Something local to your home network is going to be your best bet.

You dont even need a nigher end NAS to do it. You can do it with something like THIS. Drop a few 1.5 TB drives in it, open up some ports on your firewall and you now have "Cloud" storage anywhere. The advantage being transfer speeds while at home will be significantly faster than anything you would get out of a paid service.

Does that netgear transcode on the fly? I have a very large assortment of media in every format. It would be nice to stream over LAN to maybe my phone or ipad. Currently I just use a media center PC and a shared folder for my TV. For the ipad I use stream to me app running on a computer that does the on the fly transcoding. I don't have anything for android.

Does that netgear transcode on the fly? I have a very large assortment of media in every format. It would be nice to stream over LAN to maybe my phone or ipad. Currently I just use a media center PC and a shared folder for my TV. For the ipad I use stream to me app running on a computer that does the on the fly transcoding. I don't have anything for android.

Doubt it. Apparently there is an app system on the device that allows you to download applications from their app market or whatever. I looked through them but didnt see anything about transcoding.

VLC is your friend :)