2014 or 2015 $30k cars?

BBQdDude

Looking (on line only at this point) at an Altima for the moment. Have considered scion frs. Looking for bells and whistles on the interior while still having some power under the hood.

Was wondering what was out there in that price range and year. Looking for turbo if possible. Prefer coupe but will consider 4 door.

Has to be 2014 or 2015 for $30k less tax, etc..

Really don't want to get more specific so I can see what you guys throw against the wall.

Looking (on line only at this point) at an Altima for the moment. Have considered scion frs. Looking for bells and whistles on the interior while still having some power under the hood.

Was wondering what was out there in that price range and year. Looking for turbo if possible. Prefer coupe but will consider 4 door.

Really don't want to get more specific so I can see what you guys throw against the wall.

With an Altima you can get everything listed except power under the hood for $30k. The interior with leather and the tech package is actually incredible, I've had to hold myself back from buying them. They have plenty of room and they have some cool features (at least to me) but the 4 cylinder has no power. I would opt for a V6 Altima if I were you, but for that the base pricing for '15 is $32,000. You should be able to find some '14's left on lots that are fully loaded for a good deal with a V6, but who knows.

The most important thing to consider on an Altima is the CVT. They are very prone to failure, and there is not much you can really do to prevent it from going out, you can only prolong it by doing fluid changes at 30,000 miles instead of 60,000 like Nissan reccomends. Nissan has extended the warranty to 10 years/ 100,000 miles on some vehicles (For the CVT), but being a Nissan technician even I don't know which vehicles/VIN's fall under the category as it is so hit and miss.

I believe for '15 I've seen a few documents issued in Nissan's factory software regarding an availability on a 6 speed manual transmission for the Juke, which can be had in an AWD variant. Even with the CVT in Jukes they are still fun little cars for the money and have a few bell's and whistles. All come with a turbo from the factory and they are Direct Injected. I would consider buying a '15 though since the '14 Models are affected by the timing chain recall. Not a big deal really, but it would be irritating to buy a brand new car only to take it back to have a new timing chain put in it.

my daughter had an Altima rental car for about a week and loved it. I drove it for dinner one night and if you want sporty look elsewhere (Unless you are talking about an SL - V6 with some suspension work). Plus I did not like the CVT transmission.

Maybe a Turbo Jetta (Friends love the cheap Germans)?

Acura TSX / TLX

If a small SUV is an option what about a BMW X1

370 Z

V6 Stang

Lots of options in this price range (Options and ride really is needed to make a decent decision)

2.0T hmmmmm. Just a few more than what I want to spend but it does look nice. Never looked at an a3. I see Byers has a 2015 Audi A3 2.0T Premium quattro Sedan that was a 6 month month demo with 3k miles. Might have to test drive it.

I think the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost is going to be a good snag under 30k.

Sticker on an Eco boost with track pack and recaro seats is $30k. Seems like a a pretty awesome car on paper for the price. The very tiny bit I have read makes it seem like it might not be a jump up on stock form from the v6, which is surprising and a little sad. But that's nothing a chip can't fix.

New TLX is something to check out :)

Sticker on an Eco boost with track pack and recaro seats is $30k. Seems like a a pretty awesome car on paper for the price. The very tiny bit I have read makes it seem like it might not be a jump up on stock form from the v6, which is surprising and a little sad. But that's nothing a chip can't fix.

New TLX is something to check out :)

Dick Mash has a few on their lot. I might have to give one a test drive just to see what they are about.

Tom has some good suggestions, hopefully he'll pop in here.

I'd take a look at older vehicles, with a CPO warranty, will open up more quality options IMO.

I would be financing. So mileage is an important factor. 5 year loan so I would hate to have a 100k mile car with a payment.

Hyundai genesis?

What a turbo kia optima? I know its a kia but they look so nice now days and the turbo can be had under 30k

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/04srturbo/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/2011-kia-optima-sx-turbo-photo-402140-s-1280x782_zpsgzy941mn.jpg[/url

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/04srturbo/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/2011-kia-optima-sx-cockpit_zpsivhaxxsn.jpg

2 seconds om google shows this one im sure with a little research could find the exact price u need

http://www.coughlinkia.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Kia-Optima-4dr_Sdn_SX_Turbo-Newark-OH/2295710343

Edited by Paul

2.0T hmmmmm. Just a few more than what I want to spend but it does look nice. Never looked at an a3. I see Byers has a 2015 Audi A3 2.0T Premium quattro Sedan that was a 6 month month demo with 3k miles. Might have to test drive it.

that will be over $30K. the FWD 1.8 turbo stickers at just under $30K at $29,000 but the 2.0T is $32K before you even add quattro. I don't see any on the lot A3 getting out the door of for less than $30K unless you special order an ultra base model.

Also every tranny is the DSG, no manual option for any A3. I drove the A3 2.0T quattro at Mag two weekends ago and I loved eveything but the transmission. It isn't even sporty programmed like the 2008 R32 DSG.

FWIW, the wife liked the car a lot but I would rather have a manual trans 320i bmw sport package or a 228i manual sport package as long as I am going to get banged out for $35K.

all new 2.0T a3s are quattro

I missed that, but you are right it's on audi's website. I think at one point that wasn't the case in the pre-release press materials but I haven't been following it. As a current A3 owner who has his car serviced at the dealer, Audi has been sending me all sorts of things to entice a purchase including invitations to their hipster parties.

BBQ,

Have you ever used BMW's Used inventory finder?

http://cpo.bmwusa.com/used-inventory/index.htm?superModel=1+Series&gvModel=&compositeType=used&searchLinkText=SEARCH&showSelections=true&geoRadius=250&facetbrowse=true&showSubmit=true&showFacetCounts=true&showRadius=true&geoZip=43221

It's pretty good and you can find CPO and non CPO cars in any price range/mileage.

Something like this seems like a deal:

http://cpo.bmwusa.com/certified/BMW/2013-BMW-128i+Coupe-1496dbc90a0a00de518dc8c801796f52.htm?geoZip=43221

and you can even find turbo ones for under $30K with reasonable miles:

http://cpo.bmwusa.com/certified/BMW/2012-BMW-135i+Coupe-6cfe1c170a0a00de1ce129b22062d7dd.htm?geoZip=43221

I don't know how many miles you drive a year but most people don't drive over 10K per year. Wife and I bought our 06 A3 3 days before the end of the year in 2011 at 31,000 miles. It just hit 68,000 almost 4 years later.

I'm buying a new Company ride soon and like you love bells and whistles. Will boil down to that really as even the nice entry level MBZ and Audi's are all way more than $35k once you equip them to where their worth a shit.

I'm looking at the new 2015 AWD 200C Sport - So far leads the pack

Honda Accord Sport V6 with Navi

Nissan Altima V6

Like the 200C the best as it by far has the best interior, decent power, looks good and a decent AWD feature. Cons - smaller interior

Accord has better performance even with less power, not the most stylish but offers all around good interior and the best value as even fully packaged with all the toys it's still the least expensive

Altima is a fall-back for me. Dated in styling IMO and nothing special overall. Blends in to the world as much as the Accord. IMO the Accord has a nicer build quality. Fun to drive though.

Just my two cents.