College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

Called it weeks ago. Sometimes the best option is the triple option.

"ACC is so bad, maybe the worst of the Power 5"

"SEC is the best conference"

-everyone at ESPN except Joey Galloway

ACC 4

SEC 0

LOL

All sec east teams :gabe:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts:

- expect Alabama to be anointed the champions of all sports - including hockey and water polo - throughout this week. Never mind the fact that they just gave up historic totals on defense to a team that lost to Texas AM.

- I fully expect Mizzou to give Alabama all it can handle in the SEC CG. This is a classic trap-ish game, insofar everyone is already writing off Mizzou and penciling in Alabama as the #1 seed in the playoff. My dream of no SEC teams in playoff could still be realized with a Mizzou win (though, in reality, I think Bama could lose that game and still make it into the playoffs - especially with an upset or two of other top teams).

- goodbye UCLA. I hope you enjoyed your short-lived chubby. Remind us to not believe your hype next year.

- Oregon looks scary good. I hadn't watched them a lot until last night, and fuck that was like a horror show. Marcus Mariotta is the Heisman winner IMO. I don't see how Gordon - even if he goes absolutely nuts on Ohio State - wins it (and this is even accepting the fact that Gordon may have a historically great season).

- Georgia choked...again. (Props to Nathaniel for calling them out a while back.) I have a dream in which people will stop over-ranking and over-hyping Georgia and all those other mediocre SEC teams, like South Carolina, Arkansas, Miss State, and Ole Miss. Alas, I know, this is just a dream.

- yay to VT for becoming bowl eligible. I know it doesn't matter much, but it helps Ohio State's resume at least a little.

- I feel a little foolish still lobbying for Ohio State to get into the playoff after (a) JT Barrett is now out and (b) watching teams like Oregon absolutely annihilate other teams. I feel kind of like I'm lobbying for a lamb to be led to slaughter. I know, that's kind of blasphemous, but that's the feeling I get.

- I'm officially scared of Wisconsin in the B1G CG. Will need help being talked off the ledge, guys. Nervous Rating: 8.9/10

Top 2 teams in the country for opp ppg, alabama and Mississippi. Something like 15 & 17 ppg they give up.

Ohio state is ranked 29th.

Yeah that SEC defense.

Total defense Alabama is ranked 11th, Ohio State 19th.

SEC has 2 teams in the top 10 total defense, #8 LSU and #9 Florida.

B1G has 4 teams in the top 10 total defense, #2 Wisconsin, #3 Penn State, #7 Michigan State and #10 Michigan