College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

I think Addazio is going to be the guy as well. So far, none of the 3 major job openings have had home run hires, granted we are going based off rumor for Nebraska and Michigan.

What realistically available coaches would you consider a home run hire?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What realistically available coaches would you consider a home run hire?

Harbaugh. Mullen.

So, this whole "Michigan Man" term has got me trippin, and here's why;

The only "Non Michigan Man" that they have had as a coach in the "modern era" would be Rich rod, agreed? At least, according to Michigan Fan. Let's look at these other coaches, though...

Brady Hoke - Born in Dayton, HS in Kettering. His dad played for Woody at Miami U. Played his college ball at Ball St. "Michigan Man"

Lloyd Carr - Born in Tennessee, moved to Mich when he was a kid. Played his college ball at Mizzou, and then transferred to Eastern Michigan for his senior year. Probably the most Michigan of the "Michigan Men", by virtue of actually growing up in Michigan.

Gary Moeller - Born in Lima, Played his college ball at tOSU under Woody. Also coached at Miami U under Bo. "Michigan Man"

Bo Schembeckler - The Quintessential Michigan Man, was born in Barberton Ohio. Played HS ball in Ohio. Played college ball under Woody at Miami U. Coached under Woody at tOSU.

So, it seems an awful lot like a "Michigan Man" is really an "Ohio Man" that isn't coaching at tOSU. Apparently, having ties to Miami U. is a plus.

:lolguy:

I am watching B10 Network right now and they are discussing the playoffs, they keep talking about teams with quality losses LOL. When the hell did a loss become quality vs non quality, it's still a loss at the end of the day. They are talking about how Arizona could jump into the top 4 if they beat Oregon and how Alabama could still get in even with 2 losses haha.

Harbaugh. Mullen.

The only "Non Michigan Man" that they have had as a coach in the "modern era" would be Rich rod, agreed? At least, according to Michigan Fan. Let's look at these other coaches, though...

Brady Hoke - Born in Dayton, HS in Kettering. His dad played for Woody at Miami U. Played his college ball at Ball St. "Michigan Man"

Lloyd Carr - Born in Tennessee, moved to Mich when he was a kid. Played his college ball at Mizzou, and then transferred to Eastern Michigan for his senior year. Probably the most Michigan of the "Michigan Men", by virtue of actually growing up in Michigan.

Gary Moeller - Born in Lima, Played his college ball at tOSU under Woody. Also coached at Miami U under Bo. "Michigan Man"

Bo Schembeckler - The Quintessential Michigan Man, was born in Barberton Ohio. Played HS ball in Ohio. Played college ball under Woody at Miami U. Coached under Woody at tOSU.

So, it seems an awful lot like a "Michigan Man" is really an "Ohio Man" that isn't coaching at tOSU. Apparently, having ties to Miami U. is a plus.

Hoke was part of Carr's staff before becoming Ball State's head coach. But yeah, "Must have MAC experience" & "Born in Ohio preferred" must be on the job posting. lol

Michigan gets the Ohio State scraps. Whatever Ohio State doesn't want, coaches, recruits, ect...they can have. Sometimes those scraps pan out, sometimes not. Lately, Michigan St has been picking up the better of the scraps.

Two of those "scraps" just happened to win Heismans lol. Ohio is a huge state recruiting wise for a lot of other schools. I think Ohio State will get who they want 9 times out of 10 as far as highly ranked recruits go. It's the lower ranked recruits that usually go elsewhere and tear things up, Luke Kuechly comes to mind as a guy from Ohio who ended up elsewhere and did well for himself.

Two of those "scraps" just happened to win Heismans lol. Ohio is a huge state recruiting wise for a lot of other schools. I think Ohio State will get who they want 9 times out of 10 as far as highly ranked recruits go. It's the lower ranked recruits that usually go elsewhere and tear things up, Luke Kuechly comes to mind as a guy from Ohio who ended up elsewhere and did well for himself.

So you're agreeing with me? Lol

Harbaugh. Mullen.

Nothing new.

It's funny how a majority of the best things Michigan has had are from Ohio, Woodson, Desmond Howard, ect..

This.

I wonder what Oregons lowest first quarter/half has been?

To answer your question: least in first quarter is 0 (Wyoming, Arizona, Utah). Least in first half is 7 (Arizona).

1st quarter/half (total of 1st and 2nd):

8/18 against MSU.

0/27 against Wyoming.

7/21 against Washington State.

0/7 against Arizona.

8/21 against UCLA.

7/28 against Washington.

0/24 against Utah.

9/30 against Oregon State.