College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup we got ours this morning for 280 somehow

Heck yeah, that's awesome. The flights down there are still crazy expensive though. I have the option of driving but that means leaving the wife at home and I don't think that's going to settle with her, she might love OSU and football more than I do.

This is old but it's relevant now more than ever...

Would love to see the guy do a slightly updated version (not much needs to be changed really - some clips of the current Bama and OSU teams as opposed to the ones from 2012 mostly) but I still can't watch that without cracking up.

That was posted a few pages back and I watched it last night, hilarious. Bobby Petrino at the end put it over the top.

Would love to see an updated version too.

Josh- that's insane there's that big of a difference between ticket price. This may be one of the marque match-ups of the 21st century.

That was posted a few pages back and I watched it last night, hilarious. Bobby Petrino at the end put it over the top.

Would love to see an updated version too.

Josh- that's insane there's that big of a difference between ticket price. This may be one of the marque match-ups of the 21st century.

A bunch of ticket brokers probably snatched them all up as soon as they went on sale. There are more tickets available on third party ticket sites like stubhub than on ticket master. Last i looked there were only a couple of seats open on ticket master.

Did anyone see the bowl slate for the B1G? We could easily go undefeated in bowl games (at least first round), as we drew some favorable match-ups:

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/football/bowls

My predictions for the B1g...

Iowa vs. Tennessee - loss

Wisconsin vs. Auburn - loss (however if they can pull their head out of their ass and play like they can , MAYBE)

Minnesota vs. Missouri - victory

Mich. St. vs. Baylor - victory

Maryland vs. Stanford - eh loss

Nebraska vs. USC - loss

Boston College vs. Penn St. - toss up prolly a loss

Rutgers vs. North Carolina - loss

Illinois vs. La. Tech - toss up , victory

OSU - Tide - ehhh I think the line from Vegas says it all already...

Im not really feeling that great about the over all chances of the conference. Several of the westeren games are essentially home games..USC and Stanford. Nebraska is not going to beat USC, nope. Iowa...maybe but prolly not. Wisconsin, has a good team, however Auburns offense is pretty solid, I would like to see them win. MSU is going to be baylor, mark it down. Maryland, see location. PSU, maybe, their offense is bad though...Rutgers, they suck but so does UNC, and Illinois...who knows.

Really I think its funny you have 4 SEC v B1g match ups...The B1g better show up and at least go .500 there.

If they can go slightly over .500 in bowl games that would at least be enough to take the steam off the flaming pile of crap the B1g has been.

[/b]

A bunch of ticket brokers probably snatched them all up as soon as they went on sale. There are more tickets available on third party ticket sites like stubhub than on ticket master. Last i looked there were only a couple of seats open on ticket master.

Ticket master has no seats under $1,000 I was looking last night for a pair haha.

OSU - Tide - ehhh I think the line from Vegas says it all already...

Guaranteed win for OSU? :gabe:

Urban still undefeated as the underdog at OSU.

And going back to a bowl game where Urban was a big underdog... I think some of us may remember it.

I created a Bowl Pick Em on Yahoo.com if you want to join this link should take you there. The password is gobucks

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl/group/3555

If you can't get in, pm me your email address and I might have to invite you that way

We could do a $10 buy in and the winner takes the pot!!! Keep it in your paypal account or something like that?

Iowa has usually shown up in bowl games lately and typically doesn't have a problem with the SEC, so I'll take them over Tennessee.

Wisconsin is going to roll Auburn. Everyone will be talking all month about how terrible Wisconsin, how they were humiliated by Ohio State, etc. Expect them to curb stomp Auburn.

Missouri will likely beat Minnesota. But it's basically a toss up for me.

I like Michigan State over Baylor. Michigan State's two losses are against teams in the playoff.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out over USC - they aren't that good. Groveport Madison could have put a beating on Notre Dame too, so let's not get carried away. Remember, USC got flat hammered by UCLA just the week before. I'll go conference honk and take Nebraska.

Penn State historically does well in bowls. I'll take that history and Penn State for the win.

Rutgers will beat North Carolina by three TDs. Write that down.

Illinois and La Tech - this is like asking me to pick a winner between Pickerington North and Licking Valley: I have zero interest in either team and know even less about them. So, conference honk it is: I'll take the Fighting Idiots for the win here.

Ohio State will beat Alabama. Scratch through what I told you to write down earlier and write this down instead.

When I tell you to write things down, I want you to picture me like the guy from Spider Man that yells at Peter Parker all the time at his job at the Daily Globe or wherever he works.

We could do a $10 buy in and the winner takes the pot!!! Keep it in your paypal account or something like that?

I am game for that, in event of a tie split the pot? Also remember to pm me your email address if that link isn't working for you guys

When I tell you to write things down, I want you to picture me like the guy from Spider Man that yells at Peter Parker all the time at his job at the Daily Globe or wherever he works.

J. Jonah Jameson is his name :fuckyeah:

Iowa has usually shown up in bowl games lately and typically doesn't have a problem with the SEC, so I'll take them over Tennessee.

Wisconsin is going to roll Auburn. Everyone will be talking all month about how terrible Wisconsin, how they were humiliated by Ohio State, etc. Expect them to curb stomp Auburn.

Missouri will likely beat Minnesota. But it's basically a toss up for me.

I like Michigan State over Baylor. Michigan State's two losses are against teams in the playoff.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out over USC - they aren't that good. Groveport Madison could have put a beating on Notre Dame too, so let's not get carried away. Remember, USC got flat hammered by UCLA just the week before. I'll go conference honk and take Nebraska.

Penn State historically does well in bowls. I'll take that history and Penn State for the win.

Rutgers will beat North Carolina by three TDs. Write that down.

Illinois and La Tech - this is like asking me to pick a winner between Pickerington North and Licking Valley: I have zero interest in either team and know even less about them. So, conference honk it is: I'll take the Fighting Idiots for the win here.

Ohio State will beat Alabama. Scratch through what I told you to write down earlier and write this down instead.

I laugh when you reference local high schools, but you do realize that there are more schools than Groveport Madison and Pickerington, right? Give Hilliard-Darby some credit, they'd murder La Tech too.

Ohio State beats Alabama by 14 points. 38-24. They just need to not be cocky from being so hot lately and keep doing what they've been doing. Go for the throat early and contain Cooper.

Cowherd was defending OSU pretty hard against the butt hurt B12 fans. Seems like almost all of the experts are on board with OSU getting in, except a few (Mark May). Mark May gets douche of the year for the 10th straight year. His argument "The committee's job is to get THE 4 BEST TEAMS IN." Well, Mark, I think almost all experts agree that they got it right.

As far as the B1G bowl games. The obvious big 4 games will determine how the B1G looks.

Minnesota vs. Missouri - SEC vs. B1G. Both of these teams are pretty similar. If Minnesota can control the clock with Cobb, I like them in a low scoring game.

Wisconsin vs. Auburn - SEC vs. B1G. Same assessment as above. Limit Auburn's possessions on offense, and get the ground game working, and Wisconsin should win.

Michigan State vs. Baylor - B1G vs. B12. Mich St has an opportunity to shut the B12 up and prove that they do not belong in the discussion. I don't like Baylor's defense, so I'll take MSU in a high scoring game.

Ohio State vs. Alabama - B1G vs. SEC. Probably the best matchup in college football this year. If we can slow down Bama's big physical backs and shut down Amari Cooper, and win the turnover margin, we've got a chance.

If the B1G can take 3 out of 4 of those games, it won't matter what they do in the toilet bowl matchups.

I back these picks with my loins. I will also write something down. You want to know what I wrote, eh? No, it's a secret. However, it's there, legible, hidden from your eyes.

:fuuuu:

I laugh when you reference local high schools, but you do realize that there are more schools than Groveport Madison and Pickerington, right? Give Hilliard-Darby some credit, they'd murder La Tech too.

Ohio State beats Alabama by 14 points. 38-24. They just need to not be cocky from being so hot lately and keep doing what they've been doing. Go for the throat early and contain Cooper.

Duly noted, and will make an earnest attempt to include different high schools. I think I go to those schools so often because I went to Groveport and my wife went to Pickerington, so it just kind of feels right.

Also, I like your swaggy pick of Ohio State by two TDs. Right now, I am completely confident with the way Ohio State matches up against Alabama. Of course, over the next month, I will grow increasingly more nervous, doubtful, etc. By kickoff, I'll be certain that Alabama will murder us and all of Ohio State's band members in a horrific display of SEC might. It's what I do.

Whisky will not be able to slow Auburn down. They are to high past and their defense won't be able to control Auburns offense. Auburn wins that game.

Mizzou vs minnesota. Hmm both are mediocre. Don't really care to guess. I'll just go with SEC on this one.

I think Michigan st and Baylor is going to be a great game. I think Michigan st takes it.

Obviously Bama is going to beat the Buckeyes. Alabama has played teams like OSU all season. OSU hasn't played any team like Bama all year. Osu is going to have its hands full. All Bama has to do is stop the deep ball and its game over. Bama wins by 17.

Obviously Bama is going to beat the Buckeyes. Alabama has played teams like OSU all season. OSU hasn't played any team like Bama all year. Osu is going to have its hands full. All Bama has to do is stop the deep ball and its game over. Bama wins by 17.

The one thing Bama has had trouble with this year is stopping the deep ball. Expect my BF Devin Smith to torch your second-grade secondary all game long.

And I hope Bama facing the likes of the mighty Miss State's and Ole Miss' of the vaunted SEC West has prepared them for a big, slow team from the Midwest.