College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

West Virginia

Auburn

Miss st

Arkansas

LSU

Al play similiar ball to Ohio State. All those teams have mobile QB's with good ground game and a deep ball.

Not one of those teams is as good as Ohio State at every aspect.

Auburn - offense is similar, defense is atrocious

Miss St - defense is similar, offense is atrocious

Arkansas - defense is solid, offense is atrocious

LSU- defense is decent, offense is atrocious

Do you even watch College Football dude? Where do you get these extremely flawed claims?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Art Briles crying, saying that no one knows about Texas football and representation by the committee is all northern. Umm, does he not realize that 2 southern teams got in the playoffs? Also saying round robin schedule is harder than having to play a conference championship game.

Round robin: The one scheduling system where head to head wins don't matter.

"This is the biggest bowl Ohio State has been in, in 30 years"- Scott VanPelt

Apparently this game is bigger than the 3 National Championship games they have been in during the last 12 years haha.

Please tell me he actually said that - and wasn't being sarcastic. If so, then I've lost all respect for that guy.

Every BCS game could be argued as being just a "big" at this bowl game - not to mention the National Championship games. What an idiot.

Please tell me he actually said that - and wasn't being sarcastic. If so, then I've lost all respect for that guy.

Every BCS game could be argued as being just a "big" at this bowl game - not to mention the National Championship games. What an idiot.

I swear, I had to rewind it to make sure that's what he said lol

No clue, but it was a dumb statement lol. Maybe he meant to say, the biggest underdog OSU has been in the last 30 years, but I believe they were a bigger underdog against Miami lol.

It was around 14 points to Miami. We were also a 14 point favorite over Florida.....how did that work out?

Yeah they were bigger dogs to Miami - IIRC, they were about 11 point underdogs in that game. As well they should have been: Miami was essentially the equivalent of the 1995 Huskers that year, and Ohio State was the equivalent of the Florida State Trolls of this year. (Actually, Ohio State was even worse, as I think they won even less impressively - if that's possible - and weren't undefeated going on two years or coming off a national championship.)

Yeah they were bigger dogs to Miami - IIRC, they were about 11 point underdogs in that game. As well they should have been: Miami was essentially the equivalent of the 1995 Huskers that year, and Ohio State was the equivalent of the Florida State Trolls of this year. (Actually, Ohio State was even worse, as I think they won even less impressively - if that's possible - and weren't undefeated going on two years or coming off a national championship.)

The talent from that game (well documented) is still insane. So many guys from those 2 teams went to the NFL. I am not sure there has been another matchup between two teams with so much talent on both sides of the ball outside of maybe the 06 OSU/Florida game.

It was around 14 points to Miami. We were also a 14 point favorite over Florida.....how did that work out?

I remember reading some thing where they had a bunch of writers and other media people pick who they thought was going to win that game, and it was like this:

Ohio State

Ohio State

Ohio State

Ohio State

Ohio State

Ohio State

Ohio State

Florida

Ohio State

Ohio State

And I remember - in all of my stupid arrogance - being like, "LOL who's this fucking idiot that picked Florida? Doesn't he know we are god's gift to college football?"

Then I went to the game and contracted a nice case of PTSD. I can still hear that one writer laughing in my nightmares...

I think Ohio State thrives as underdogs. In particular, Urban does. I'm completely fine with being big underdogs.

How crazy would it be of Cardale led us to a NC, and looked very good doing it? What do we do? I know having 3 great QBs is a "good problem" to have, but wow, what a tough decision that would be.

I think Ohio State thrives as underdogs. In particular, Urban does. I'm completely fine with being big underdogs.

How crazy would it be of Cardale led us to a NC, and looked very good doing it? What do we do? I know having 3 great QBs is a "good problem" to have, but wow, what a tough decision that would be.

He transfers to a school where he can be the full time starter and make a living in the NFL. I personally think Braxton is going to leave, as much as it sounds crazy, but Oregon sure does seem like a nice fit for his skill set and they will just happen to need a qb next season.

I have never gambled on a game before, how exactly does it work. Say if I were to take Ohio State in the upset, do I win double my money? Do they have to beat Bama by a certain point margain?

Yes, you double the money that you bet if you win.

How you depends on what you bet. Usually, it works like this:

If Ohio State is, say, 10 point underdogs, and you bet on Ohio State, you are betting that they will either win or not get beat by 10 points or more. So, if Ohio State wins the game, you win that bet, or if Ohio State only loses 10 points or less, you also win.

In that same scenario, if Bama is favored by 10 points, and you bet on Bama, then you are betting that Bama will win by 11 points or more. If Bama only wins by 10 or less, then you would lose that bet.

When you see teams that are X.5 point favorites, it forces you to round up to win the bet. Like, if Miami is 5.5 point favorites over Tulane, then that means, if you bet on Miami, then they have to win by 6 points or more for you to win the bet.

Damn you Roy Hall!!! As soon as Ginn went out, you could tell it was going to be a long night as the deep threat was gone.

Yup, happened right in front of me. Ted Ginn was essentially returning the kick into my waiting, loving arms. That was the greatest 30 seconds of my football life. We were all certain that we were just going to fucking curbstomp stupid Florida and their dumb Gator chomping fans.

Fast forward and hour and I wanted to choke myself with my brand new #10 Ohio State jersey.

He transfers to a school where he can be the full time starter and make a living in the NFL. I personally think Braxton is going to leave, as much as it sounds crazy, but Oregon sure does seem like a nice fit for his skill set and they will just happen to need a qb next season.

This makes sense to me too. Curious about the Barrett/Jones situation next year more.